Onyx Matrix 30 oz Sledgehammer

dunno

Why players swing 30 oz bats? I thought the endloads remain constant and the handle is just heavier? Are they able to distribute weight towards the taper of the barrel?

UncleMosk

Why players swing 30 oz bats? I thought the endloads remain constant and the handle is just heavier? Are they able to distribute weight towards the taper of the barrel?
For me since playing in my 20's and bats were heavier I haven't been able to adjust to the wiffle bats 24 -25 oz of today. Maybe a 26.5 oz would be the lightest but needs a profound endload.

Great question on where that weight ends up. On this model it's definitely top heavy with maybe close to a 1.5 oz on the end. Possible the rest is placed into the handle.

As the generation that played as adults in the 90's through the 2000's is probably why in Senior we see still see 30oz bats compared to the newer bats made today. Possible the weight does play into testing and passing the standards set.

For ASA, I used to have an L3 Easton that had a 3 oz endload. Was absolute beast of bat and when it started to fail compression had to send it off to the market for those who don't test.

Short Yellow Bus is one here that could elaborate more on the technical aspects.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

I don't know anything about anything, but the fact that they have trouble getting the heavier bats to pass the testing (rumor) I would think would refute the assertion that it's just handle weight. I've been swinging 30-32oz since I started playing. It's a comfort thing for me, but I def hit the ball further with 30oz than I do anything lighter.....and it's not even really close.