Open Back VS. Closed Back Glove

CoachStall

Curled Bill & Oakleys
Open Back VS. Closed Back Glove

Which do you roll with?

Any REAL advantage to either, or just preference?

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I use open back cause when I use the Vulcan grip and I can slide my index finger over without it being uncomortable.

MaverickAH

Purely personal preference..........

I've used open back, closed back, open web & closed web in all different combinations. None of it really made a difference as long as I liked the glove.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
The only clear advantage of an open back glove I can think of is it will let your hand breath more and thus perspire less. The closed backs should provide more support and that's why Vinci uses them on larger gloves.

I agree with Maverick, it's mostly personal preference and I will use either as long as I am comfortable with the glove.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I prefer open, I have fat hands and it SEEMS like the open back tends to be a little more roomy.

Rmc1981

Addicted to Softballfans
Open because when I bought my Novak, I didn't know that closed back was an option.

First open back I've had in years. Honestly, I don't give it a second thought when I'm playing.

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
open all the way. My hand gets claustrophobic in a closed back. Plus I think closed backs look like ****

CoachStall

Curled Bill & Oakleys
Order number is 1011. Open Back, Diamond Web, 11.5in, USA Flag, $155 total. Cant Wait!

6.jpg

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Open back is my preference. Seems cooler and easier to pull the index finger out. The closed back gives a little more support on the larger outfield gloves...

boomboom32

Catch the ****ing ball!!!
i like the closed back of my bmb-l. its personal preference though, my buddy won't touch a closed back. hates em.

dtabj2007

Part Time Player
As long as I can stick one finger out I don't care. I tried playing once with out the pointer finger out and I dropped a few easy pop ups, glad it was just batting practice. funny how you just get used to one thing and then try to change and it messes you all up.

jamelie22

Star Player
Open so I can put two fingers in the pinky hole, move the others down one and still hang my pointer finger out of the hole.