Optic NCAA Ball

kbraun9

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing in a tournament where we are using this ball .
1)what new utrip stamp bats would be best to use?
2)and what outlaw/Senior bat would be best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
That ball is garbage. That's not hyperbole; it's the granddaddy of all mush balls. It'll be egg shaped after one inning. Use whatever you want to hit it.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Typical Wal Mart ball. Cork center. It even says on the ball for recreational use only. Even compared to other cork centered balls that one's a turd.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't listen to these guys, that ball is awesome you just have to cut it. Get the most expensive damned bat you can find and piss all over that optic yellow *****!

kbraun9

Addicted to Softballfans
Practised with this ball and it's terrible unfortunately it's not my tournament so changing the ball isn't an option.
So no ideas on the type if bat to try use ?

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Those balls are the suck of suck. Bet after the first few games of this tournament they will tell you to use what you have in your bag, so have some ready. All its going to take is one swing to mess these balls up. If it were me I would find a sledge hammer to hit with.

hunter6396

Manager
We play a coed tourney that uses these they usually stay decent for the first inning then after that I switch to my 34 oz. Easton cyclone and swing away

kbraun9

Addicted to Softballfans
The tournament has been using this ball for years. So the ball won't be changing. Heavier bat the better I take it

THESHOE

Starting Player
Heavy and stiff.

That's why we have a 29.5 Blackout for indoor ball.

Beyond that, wood bats maybe?

BlindEarth

Addicted to Softballfans
My company used to run a tournament that used WalMart balls like this. They get egg shaped quick and they didn't change them out fast enough. Love fielding grounders from egg shaped balls, you can throw some wicked cut fastballs if you grip them right as well. Tournaments that use these should just go with clinchers, yes they are more expensive but if you want to be cheap one clincher will last the whole day and at least remains round.

jhthibod

Addicted to Softballfans
I cut one of those open to see what the composition was and all that ball is is a piece of cork with a cover on it. One hit and it's lopsided. I would find another place to play - I can't see how hitting something like that in competition would be fun.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I cut one of those open to see what the composition was and all that ball is is a piece of cork with a cover on it. One hit and it's lopsided. I would find another place to play - I can't see how hitting something like that in competition would be fun.

Hit them a few times, then cut them open. You get a crumbled cork mess when you do that.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I would take the advise posted earlier and have a few good balls in your bag ready to go just in case they decide to let you use them.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
The tournament has been using this ball for years. So the ball won't be changing. Heavier bat the better I take it

If you havent hit this ball yet, you really need to go buy a couple and see for yourself and how bad they get. If you can, find some high and low end bats and see which ones perform better. Hot/outlaw bats really dont matter which is why they are probably being used. You have to cut these balls to make the go anywhere.