NSA Out and Ejected?

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
SP / FP - Rule 8 Section 6 (B):
A baserunner must return to his/her base when the Umpire declares an illegally batted ball.
All this being said, please apply the following:
- If you see a Non Approved bat, not bearing a NSA 2012 logo, in the batters hands and they have entered into the batters box, the batter is out and ejected immediately
- If a batter hits a base hit and it is discovered before the next legal or illegal pitch, the umpire can declare an illegally batted ball and all runners return to the base last occupied at the time of the pitch and the batter is out and ejected.

So if the player walks and you ask the unpire to check the bat, then nothing at all happens?

I ask as I did this to a team last year in a santioned tourney. It was an ASA only bat. I heard it pa-ting in the previous AB, and it being a bat I had in my bag (Z3K), I kept my eye on it to decipher the color. I called it out, after the next guy walked, the umpire checked it and told them they couldn't use it. Now I honestly didn't know they also got ejected, and they only had 9 to begin with so forcing them into a forfiet would have made me feel like an ass. We beat them, so all was well....but just wondering since the rule doesn't state an out, but does state if the batter enters the batter box he is out and ejected, what the proper call is.

sjury

The Old Man
In ASA, if you enter the box with a non-approved bat you can call them out on it, no need for a pitch to be tossed, just the batter.