P90x GTG or NGTG

Wunbagga

Addicted to Softballfans
Im thinking bout doing an off season workout. Ive heard good and bad about it. Has anyone on here tried it. Or know someone that has used it. Stuck to the workout and had great or horrible results?

GWheels14

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had it for a while. I started it but let me tell you, you already have to be in pretty good shape to get through it. So a lot of it is going to depend on what shape your in now. I can get through about 1/2 of a DVD. Polymetrics is an ass kicker. But I would say it is worth the money if you stick to it.

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
It's very tough. Good tough though. I like to feel sore on muscles it lets me know I'm improving. Even if you're not in the best of shape you can just do what you can and still get better results than doing nothing. Obviously. Although I suggest having a pull up bar and good dumbbells.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't done it, but most of the people I know who have done it couldn't finish it because of the difficult.

That being said, it wasn't because the program was bad, but because they just fell off of the routine. None of them have anything actually negative to say about the program.

Wunbagga

Addicted to Softballfans
All the people i have talked to. all say it is a hard workout. And they were sore the whole time. only one guy did the full work out. He said he had to partially do the workout. Then slowly work up to the full workout. He said he kept doing it for almost 7 months. And lost almost a hundred pounds

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
All the people i have talked to. all say it is a hard workout. And they were sore the whole time. only one guy did the full work out. He said he had to partially do the workout. Then slowly work up to the full workout. He said he kept doing it for almost 7 months. And lost almost a hundred pounds
One of the things that I've been told is emphasized in the videos is that the DVDs are a guide, not a rule. The purpose is to complete the motions of the workout, not necessarily the reps. If they're doing a 3x10 push-up set (or something like that) and you can only do a 2x10 and five more, then that's what you do. A friend of mine was telling me one of his gauges of success was that he couldn't do any pull-ups when he started, but at the end of the first month he could do a few.

bigtex

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, I agree 100%. He will even say to you if you need to stop, pause, or whatever do it. He will tell you that "eventually" you will be able to do it and it is true. There is a guy of there with a "prostetic"sp?? leg doing plyometrics. After a point you will think that there is no way he is gonna do this better than me. (NO SLIGHT OR SLAM TOWARDS ANYONE WITH THOSE TYPE OF HANDICAPPS)

Puttersea

Addicted to Softballfans
Great program. Plyo is actually my favorite DVD. If you have an hour to hour an half six times a week to dedicate to it, it will honor you with awesome results.

Erdrikds

<font color="#8B1A1A">Who dominates?I dominate.</f
There is a guy of there with a "prostetic"sp?? leg doing plyometrics.

Idk if anyone noticed this but the guy with the prosthetic leg. Hes the guy from the Super Troopers movie. He was the rookie rabbit in that. The group called broken lizards that do a few movies that are funny. Ijs.

Robby123

Absolutely GTG you'll be over whelmed to begin with unless you are already in really great shape. Just stick with it and do all you can. Your body will adjust and you'll see improvement in all aspects of your game. Also don't skip the Yoga or day of stretching as they really make a difference. OH YEAH love PLYO!

easton_fan

Addicted to Softballfans
Best workout ever. All DVD are great. Always tought that yoga was for women but ho boy I was so wrong. This is the DVD I hate the most but helped me improved in a lot of ways. I like the core and kenpo wish there was more swing kick to help improve the snap of hips will buy the master power 90 and the master p90x. I'm hooked.

TT#48

Formerly R.O.C.C.
If you have not gathered already OP...P90x is the goods!! On my second round and I can tell you after I went through it the first time I my muscles were more balanced, I had great carido endurance and was in the best shape of my life. It is hard but if my wife and I can make it through anyone can. Like everyone else said use the DVD's as a guide but do not use that as an excuse not to push yourself.... Good luck!

Wunbagga

Addicted to Softballfans
Alot of great info in here. I think im gonna give it a try. I know with starting any type of work out that your body is gonna be sore. And can see how if someone has back or knee issues to modify a jump to a step. Does anyone know where to get the dvd set at and how much they go for?

TT#48

Formerly R.O.C.C.
Alot of great info in here. I think im gonna give it a try. I know with starting any type of work out that your body is gonna be sore. And can see how if someone has back or knee issues to modify a jump to a step. Does anyone know where to get the dvd set at and how much they go for?

PM bigtex...he is gtg if you are wanting to pick some DVD's up...

skihellion

Extra Hitter
P90x Is GTG! if you stick to it and you will be ripped. it worked for me, and if your trying to lose weight you have to crack down on the diet portion

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
It's all what you put into it... Personally, I enjoy it as it will help you lose the lbs and get stronger. Make sure you keep track of your workouts. You will increase reps and weight almost every time throughout the workout routines.

BRAIN

Rookie
I bought the P90x over a year ago and have never used it or previewed any of the material it came with. :cool: I think I will give it a try soon. I know it has several discs.
Do you just pop in disc #1 on day 1 and then disc #2 on day 2, etc. until you do all of them that week? Then repeat the same thing each week? Or do you do disc #1 on week 1 and then disc #2 on week 2, etc? How long are the workouts? I go to the gym 3x a week and only spend about 45 min there. I am thinking of doing the P90x on the in between days. So I am not looking for something that is an hour or more. :eek: With 2 small kids in the house I am lucky to get the 45 min break to go to the gym.

bigtex

Addicted to Softballfans
There is an actual workout with a certain sequence. It is all in the material that you have.

Psykout

San Diego Vinci Rep
P90X is legit. Problem was falling off the wagon. Did it for 6 weeks and lost 20+ pounds then started a new job with crazy hours. Haven't been able to get back to it since. I would definitely recommend it though. Currently looking for another job with stable hours so I can get back to working out more consistently!