P90X vs. Insanity

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I know nothing about either, except that they are popular. I've got about 30-40 lbs I'd like to lose, and a little better strength and flexibility wouldn't hurt.

Overall, which is better? Does one have an easier diet plan? Will either one make my penor bigger?

jgoodew

Addicted to Softballfans
p90x is definitely better if you're hoping to do any kind of strength training. both are great at what they do.
also, both will make your penor bigger too!

BigJay78

Addicted to Softballfans
P90x is the better of the two for what you are looking for, strength, flexibility and leaning are what its about... They don't advertise penor growth......but I think that's what its all about.

Baldy805

Well I'n ur post u say u wanna shed 30 to 40lbs, so with that being said I go with insanity I lost 31lbs I'n the 2 month program and I'm starting it again next week to get ripped. I haven't seen my abs I'n 20years and I'm 40, my wife loves it and yes peepee is bigger cuz there is not to much fat on the lower belly now !!! Not to mention flexibility is there also big time good luck

Gadawgs29

Banned User
Really both are good. If your looking for insane cardio Insanity is it. Ive done both and Insanity kicks my butt faster than p90 does. But Id go with insanity because with the cardio and multiple muscle groups hit each video you'll lose the weight. Insanity helped me lose weight faster than p90 did. p90 is really only good for helping gain strength. Both help with flexibility and stretching alos

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
My penor is functional, and that's good enough for me. It's the other crap that comes with being north of 30 I'd like to do something about. Is Insanity as versatile as P90X, or is it just a modern form of jazzercise?

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Both are good programs. If you're looking to lose weight fast I'd recommend the Insanity. The best part about it - no equipment (required for P90X). You just need about 45 minutes or so (a bit more for the 2nd month) 6 days a week, a TV and DVD player (or computer), and some room on the floor. You'll see some moderate strength gains and added flexibility and leg strength as well. Found I was far less sore after tourneys when I was doing the Insanity program. The meal plan isn't anything revolutionary but does a good job if you follow the plan and does have some good ideas and recipes to keep it interesting. I found a used copy on craigslist for pretty cheap and worked just as well as if it was brand new.

Best of luck!

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
Good question and good luck....stick with them and they are both terrific workouts. As previously stated Insanity will slim you down quicker and P90X will build all-around muscle faster. I've done both and found Insanity was more intense and I liked not needing equipment. P90X took a bit more time, but I preferred it as I was trying to upper body mass.

Both will produce results if you stick with them. I certainly saw results in strength, flexibility, stamina and confidence.

Get after it!

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
Good question and good luck....stick with them and they are both terrific workouts. As previously stated Insanity will slim you down quicker and P90X will build all-around muscle faster. I've done both and found Insanity was more intense and I liked not needing equipment. P90X took a bit more time, but I preferred it as I was trying to upper body mass.

Both will produce results if you stick with them. I certainly saw results in strength, flexibility, stamina and confidence.

Get after it & GO CARDS!!!

Steve2517

Addicted to Softballfans
Any part of either of these DVDs just do like 5 to 10 mins a day of stretching ?I wanna stop having tight hamstrings, lower back muscles and pecs. Thanks.

adunn83

Jesus saves!
I've done Insanity. It will meet your needs if you put 100% into it. It will increase your cardio health, burn fat, and increase your flexibility. And the biggest plus, as mentioned, no equipment!

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
I just started Insanity a week ago. I play ball 3-4 nights a week but am no where close to in shape.

6' 245

The first day has been by far the hardest, you do like 10 different exercises to get a baseline of how many you can do in a 60 second time frame.
The next day I woke up and I KNEW this was going to be magic.

I have a slight knee injury, that needs to be checked out, so I take it at about 95% on power lunges but I have dropped 8lbs and my clothes are already loosening aroundthe waist.

I did not buy any of their diet stuff or follow any specific diet, I try to eat healthy, no pop lot's of water.

What do you guy'sthink of maybe throwing a day of P90X in like every third day? My biggest motivation right now is loosing about 60lbs, but in the end I would like to build upper body mass as well.
Do I lose weight first and then build mass, or do I start building mass right now since the fat easily converts to fuel for building muscle?

Scott P

Starting Player
I lost 18 lbs from my first round of P90X and I've lost 17 more since starting a P90X/TurboFire Hybrid eight weeks ago. I have yet to try Insanity. The wife had TurboFire already, so I went with that hybrid instead. I'll probably start another round of P90X in December and follow that up with P90X2 at the end of that round. I still have 15-20 pounds I'd like to lose first. I started at 5'11" and 221.5 pounds and I hit 186.5 lbs this morning. My original goal was 180 before my 40th birthday. I should hit that and surpass it by then. If I can hit the low 170's like I was in college, then I 'll be happy.

My eating is pretty much a matter of a 40-40-20 carb-protein-fat ratio for calories. I use their Shakeology when I want a lower calorie breakfast. The wife loves the stuff. I've been using myfitnesspal to track calories. The P90X diet guide/meal plan is a bit confusing, but if you know how to cook, then you can adapt easily. A clean diet is much more important than the exercise when it comes to weight loss.

Beachbody is starting a new promotion starting November 1st. You can get Insanity, P90X or TurboFire and a 30 day supply of Shakeology for $205, a savings of about $45. You also get 30 days of free membership to Team Beachbody Club and free shipping. I think shipping was $20 when I ordered P90X. If you are looking to lose weight, Shakeology is good since it fills you up with only 250-300 calories based on what you put in it. I'll get more info on the Challenge Packs, so if you want to go that way to save the money, let me know or shoot me a pm.

Scott P

Starting Player
The problem with losing fat and building muscle is that you need a calorie deficit to lose the weight. Running at a deficit makes it tougher to build mass since that requires a calorie surplus. You can gain some muscle, but I don't know if "building mass" is possible. I consider "mass" as a large amount of muscle. I'm more interested in losing weight at this point, so I operate at a 500-1,000 calorie deficit. My body fat percentage has dropped as has my weight. I have also made improvements in strength and I do think my muscles have gotten bigger or at least more noticeable. However, I don't think I've gained actual "mass".