P90x2

BNJ13

WorldVentures
I've finished the entire program. Overall, I liked it better than P90x, but definitely a different type of program.

BNJ13

WorldVentures
the first one is basic, and pretty straight forward exercises. probably focuses on specific muscle groups more than X2. 6 days a week.

X2 focuses more on building the core, and doing the same type of exercises, but in not as standard of a way. In X2, you do a lot of exercises on 1 leg, or utilizing a stability ball or medicine ball, working more stabilizing muscles in addition to the primary exercise (for example, 1 leg bicep curls from warrior 3 position, push ups on medicine balls, a lot of things done from plank position, etc). 5 days a week.

Other notes: Yoga is shorter in X2, Kenpo is gone, no real specific leg workout in X2. I had good results doing both programs, but I just like X2 a little more due to the variability, and I liked the core focus more.

Last edited:

Playmaka37

The Professor
Did you increase mass, or just get more toned and athletic?
I am coming off a shoulder injury and haven't lifted much in 6 months. I am trying to do some basic stuff now to get me ready for after Christmas, when I want to start. Hoping this routine will get me in better overall shape. Since I am 44, my "bodybuilding days" are over, and it is more about being in shape and faster....that is what I want.

BNJ13

WorldVentures
Did you increase mass, or just get more toned and athletic?
I am coming off a shoulder injury and haven't lifted much in 6 months. I am trying to do some basic stuff now to get me ready for after Christmas, when I want to start. Hoping this routine will get me in better overall shape. Since I am 44, my "bodybuilding days" are over, and it is more about being in shape and faster....that is what I want.

mostly more toned and athletic. In both programs, you will do a lot of push ups / pull ups along with some dumb bells for weight training, but not to the extent to build a lot of mass. You will get stronger for sure, but I can't say if that is due to putting on mass, or just reactivating the muscles you used to have. Both programs will help you cut weight and tone up (as long as you concentrate on your diet as well). I dropped about 20 lbs each during P90X and P90X2. I think if you are looking for mass, P90X would be a little better and P90X2 would be the better option for becoming more athletic. In P90X2, there is more concentration on working secondary muscles and being more explosive, although I dont personally think the PAP section was any different than the rest of the program and not as dynamic as they make it out to be. But by doing so many excersices on one leg, you will definitely notice your balance and flexibility (and agility?) will be better.

Last edited: