PCI125- Inf Glove

Pete22

Addicted to Softballfans
Arthur here you go LOL.
Made for softball 12.5" Open back
with an I-Web for that former baseball player
that's playing softball now.image1(144).JPG image2(68).JPG

MaverickAH

That's a nice pattern! I especially like that it's a 5.5oz steerhide leather. Don't know if I could rock the white though. Anyway, I just bought a RCV1225 from you that's breaking in nicely!

Almost finished with my 1st season back. We took 1st at 41-19 & have made it to the tournament championship. Wish me luck! ;)

MaverickAH

How does the PCI125 compare to the vinic JD73-L? are the leather the same as the JD73-L? What is the width from the index finger to the pinky?

The PCI125 is from the PC/22 Series & made from 5.5oz premium steer hide leather.
The JD73-L is from the Limited Series & made from 5.5oz premium kip leather.

The Limited is the higher series. What that gets you is a longer lasting glove that's, IMHO, is tougher to break in. The current generation of Limited gloves are very solid. I'm now in the process of breaking in a RCV1225 (12.25"). I'm 6 weeks in & taking my time because I don't need it game ready until next year. It's about 80% of the way there & I'll do the rest on the field or with a weighted ball. I'm glad that I got it when I did because it's no longer on their website & I don't know if it'll re-appear in the future. Somehow I doubt it.

I don't have any on-the-field experience with a 22 Series glove. The only one that I've had in-house was a RCV1200-22 fast pitch glove. That glove was stiff as hell out of the box & very well made. Quality-wise, I would put the glove on the level of a stock A2000 or HOH, I wound up donating it to a very talented fast pitch player who was in need of a new glove & couldn't afford one. The PC Series is fairly new.

I'm currently using a Vinci Pro JC65 (11.85") for SS & a Vinci Custom Pro RV60 (13") for the rare occasion I play OF. The JC65 is an original Vinci glove that's 14yo but had a lengthy 12 years of retirement in between use. It's still gtg but I'm feeling the need for a slightly bigger glove hence the RCV1225.

I must say though, I do like steer hide better than kip. I'm not partial to getting a white glove (esp. for IF) or an I-Web but this glove has intrigued me. I may have to give Pete a call.........:oops:

Addendum: I decided to bite the bullet....... Thanks Pete!

Last edited:

Pete22

Addicted to Softballfans
The PCI125 is from the PC/22 Series & made from 5.5oz premium steer hide leather.
The JD73-L is from the Limited Series & made from 5.5oz premium kip leather.

The Limited is the higher series. What that gets you is a longer lasting glove that's, IMHO, is tougher to break in. The current generation of Limited gloves are very solid. I'm now in the process of breaking in a RCV1225 (12.25"). I'm 6 weeks in & taking my time because I don't need it game ready until next year. It's about 80% of the way there & I'll do the rest on the field or with a weighted ball. I'm glad that I got it when I did because it's no longer on their website & I don't know if it'll re-appear in the future. Somehow I doubt it.

I don't have any on-the-field experience with a 22 Series glove. The only one that I've had in-house was a RCV1200-22 fast pitch glove. That glove was stiff as hell out of the box & very well made. Quality-wise, I would put the glove on the level of a stock A2000 or HOH, I wound up donating it to a very talented fast pitch player who was in need of a new glove & couldn't afford one. The PC Series is fairly new.

I'm currently using a Vinci Pro JC65 (11.85") for SS & a Vinci Custom Pro RV60 (13") for the rare occasion I play OF. The JC65 is an original Vinci glove that's 14yo but had a lengthy 12 years of retirement in between use. It's still gtg but I'm feeling the need for a slightly bigger glove hence the RCV1225.

I must say though, I do like steer hide better than kip. I'm not partial to getting a white glove (esp. for IF) or an I-Web but this glove has intrigued me. I may have to give Pete a call.........:oops:

Addendum: I decided to bite the bullet....... Thanks Pete!

Pete22

Addicted to Softballfans
Arthur I know it's been 12 years since you have played until this season. Knowing the kind of hitter you are you had to hit .750 on the year. Now if you use this PCI125 glove you'll be hitting ,800 because of all the rest you'll be getting from not having to work too hard in the field :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MaverickAH

Pete,
I received the glove last Tues & I must say that it's one beautiful looking glove! I can't stop staring at it! That's something that I'd never thought I'd be saying about a white glove. The black & gold logos really set it off!

I do have a few questions for you:

I am thinking of breaking it in w/o conditioner. It's definitely doable. Do you this that this will be okay or will the conditioner sort of seal the leather & make cleaning easier in the future?

The 22 & PC Series are lumped together. Are there any differences between the two other than color? (I really want to compare this to a RV1923-22)

Your website says that the positions for the glove are baseball infield (?) & Fast pitch softball infield. I would think it to be too big for baseball infield unless a 3B want a big glove or for a P. No mention of slow pitch but it seem like it would be a good size, no?

Edit:
Forgot to add...........

Size & pattern-wise, I'm loving this glove to the point of considering about getting it as a custom in the Optimus leather with one change. The web........ I didn't see it as an option but is it possible to get the Double Bar Web of the MEO24 on an Optimus Custom?

Last edited:

Pete22

Addicted to Softballfans
Pete,
I received the glove last Tues & I must say that it's one beautiful looking glove! I can't stop staring at it! That's something that I'd never thought I'd be saying about a white glove. The black & gold logos really set it off!

I am thinking of breaking it in w/o conditioner. It's definitely doable. Do you this that this will be okay or will the conditioner sort of seal the leather & make cleaning easier in the future?

The 22 & PC Series are lumped together. Are there any differences between the two other than color? (I really want to compare this to a RV1923-22)

Your website says that the positions for the glove are baseball infield (?) & Fast pitch softball infield. I would think it to be too big for baseball infield unless a 3B want a big glove or for a P. No mention of slow pitch but it seem like it would be a good size, no?

Edit:
Forgot to add...........

Size & pattern-wise, I'm loving this glove to the point of considering about getting it as a custom in the Optimus leather with one change. The web........ I didn't see it as an option but is it possible to get the Double Bar Web of the MEO24 on an Optimus Custom?

Pete22

Addicted to Softballfans
Arthur anything u want u can get. You don't have to put conditioner on it just make sure down the road keep it from drying out " look who I telling Lol u know that better then anybody. Shoot Hell no not for baseball ....softball that glove Damn now more work have to change that and I bet they'll call u pretty now But you'll back it up

MaverickAH

Oh I know what to do with regular leather but I just wanted to make sure with the white. I don't know if you remember, but many, many moons ago we had a conversation on what the process of making leather white does to it. The reference point was batting gloves but the same would apply. This glove is softer than the black leather of the 22 Series.

If you were to see my JC65, you'd be proud! First Vinci I owned that I got from you in '02. Although it's over 14yo, it only has about 3 years worth of games on it & still lays open. The pocket on it is the best I've ever had on a glove, no question. I'll take pics of it when I do the review since you reference the feel of your original gloves as a focal point for these gloves.

BTW, I already have one Optimus. It's a JP (11.75") BGW exclusive that I bought when they were clearing them out. It's an impressive piece of leather & absolutely bulletproof. But..............
  1. It does measure smaller than spec & seems more like an 11.5" glove.
  2. It might be overkill for 60+ senior singlewall bat softball.
  3. Not all 12.5" are create equal. Which pattern would the custom be based on? A PCI125? A RCV-L? Either? Can I specify which one I would want my glove to be based on?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
  1. "Not all 12.5" are create equal. Which pattern would the custom be based on? A PCI125? A RCV-L? Either? Can I specify which one I would want my glove to be based on?"
  2. Of course you can how do ya think I get my gamers, LOL? I may be the only person who has owned every trap Pete has made , starting with the Custom Pro line! Waiting on a Walnut PJV04, just like my Optimus..

A 13.25" Walnut PC Japanese trap

A 13.5" #22 leather in Navy

A few Limiteds

An OG (well one of them) PJV55 in CP steer hide

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Pete,

Edit:
Forgot to add...........

Reviving an old thread here. Do you still have this glove? If so, how are you liking it? Looking to get a 12.5 Vinci. Thoughts were the RV1923-22 or the PCI125. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

MaverickAH

I do still have the glove! I couldn't bring myself to use it because it was white but I loved the true to size pattern so much that I ordered a custom Optimus based on it with a Double Bar web. I've been using that exclusively this year & I love it! FTR, I moved up from an 11.85" Vinci Pro JC65 last year so this glove seems HUGE in comparison.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I do still have the glove! I couldn't bring myself to use it because it was white but I loved the true to size pattern so much that I ordered a custom Optimus based on it with a Double Bar web. I've been using that exclusively this year & I love it! FTR, I moved up from an 11.85" Vinci Pro JC65 last year so this glove seems HUGE in comparison.

Yea I bet that white is tough to game. I prefer black, however this glove is tempting. I like the 12.5 for middle IF. I'm still getting used to using my bmb in the middle.

11.85 that's a little guy. Lol. Sure it was fun to control though.

MaverickAH

Actually, the JC65 would surprise you! It's an one of Vinci's original models. I've had it for 15 years (12 year break from playing in there) & it's still in great shape. I'm a former modified/fast pitch player who played 3B/SS/2B. With runners being able to leave on the pitcher's release & in the case of fast pitch, actually steal, you needed a glove that was sure & gave you a quick transfer. It has a very deep pocket & worked very well for me playing SS in slow pitch last year. It absolutely swallows a softball! I did realize that I needed something with a little more "length" though.

I can say with absolute honesty that the JC65 is one of the two best gloves I've ever played ball with. Back then it retailed for $120 & was easily the equivalent of any high end glove of the time. The leather is impeccable!

I will admit to having some major apprehension about making the switch to a bigger glove. Everything's been working out fine though. What's interesting is that while my custom Optimus is a significantly better built glove, the heritage is obvious. The leather quality & feel is not that much different in a lot of respects. I've found the 22/PC Series to offer a lot of the same feel as well. I have been especially impressed by the black leather of the 22 Series & the RV1923-22 was one of the most popular models that Vinci has ever produced! It's no surprised that it's sold out!

A couple of suggestions:
  1. I've been highly impressed with the RCV1200-22 & RCV1250-22. If you don't have an aversion to using a glove marketed towards the fast pitch market with a closed web & Velcro back, they are excellent values. I personally wouldn't have any qualms about using one,
  2. Another option would be to order the PCi125 as a custom & get it in the black steer hide leather. Sure, you'd wind up paying the $30 premium over the stock white leather PCi125 but it would be well worth it. The white steer hide leather, while drop dead gorgeous, has the inherent disadvantage of being softer than the black steer hide. That's just the nature of the beast as the process it has to going through in order to make it white will also soften it. White leather is not necessarily a bad thing as it cuts down on break-in time. This is a good thing for most female & recreational players. The black steer hide essentially doubles the break-in time over the white IMHO.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Thanks for your input. I do not mind the Velcro, however, I prefer an H web. They look to almost be the same glove minus webbing/Velcro. Not sure if it makes that much difference. lol. I think I'm going to keep my eyes open on the Rv1923-22. If I don't seem to find a nice used one, I guess i'll have to build a custom.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Before you do that, give Vinci a call. Sometimes they may have what you need laying around somewhere. You never know..........

Sounds good. Appreciate the heads up. I found a place, they said in two weeks so I imagine Vinci will get them back in. I'll call in the AM and see what I can find.