Peyton Manning - first ballot HOF'er?

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This argument might work until Danny Worrfull, Chris Weinke, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Josh Heupal, Ken Dorsey, Craig Krenzel, Tommy Ward, Tommy Frazier, Tim Tebow, Briane Griese are all brought up.

Then I'll bring up Troy Aikman, Aarron Rogers, Tom Brady, Ben Rofelslsldblurger, Steve Young, Brent Favre, and John Elway as guys who didn't win NC's in College but are in, or will be in the HOF. Roffelkjdlkjburger probably has the smallest chance, but I think he'll go.

Fair enough.... as soon as you show me which of these had their former ncaa teams win it all the year after they left.

12th Man

OG COMbatant
i actually agree w/ you....if Peyton Manning was Peyton Mannings back up, they would be just as good......if it wasn't Peyton Manning or one of the other greatest of all time, i find it hard to believe your theory.....

Or Eli the other white Manning??????????????????:confused:

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
Fair enough.... as soon as you show me which of these had their former ncaa teams win it all the year after they left.

and then one was replaced by another QB then they won a National Championship. Then had to transfer in order to play. (Troy Aikman)

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
I am impressed with your knowledge, but I addressed this in post 36.

Don't yell at me. I'm just having fun too. Only reason I knew that about Aikman was because I'm a huge Cowboys fan and was 10-15 years old back in their runs of the 90's.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Brady is not good.....his backup won 12 games and he never won anything in college.....

i know this doesnt' ahve merit...but i'm just playing hbwb (ala averagejay in the sports forum) because it's fun to say things which have no baring towards the current conversation

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
Colts wont be .500 w/o him....not only is he not over-rated, he's probably the most under-rated athlete of all time....

Not that douche bag Primo needs an ego boost, but I will be the first to say, he is very right so far with this forecast.

Collins and Painter are definitely no Brian Griese.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
If this is a serious question (which I'm sure it isn't but I want to play too) it's insane. He has 43 NFL records and 13 playoff records I believe. The guy will be a unanimous first rounder. My opinion the best of all time when he retires but I'll give you nay Sayers top 3 ever. I really don't think there is a debate there.

tattt3

Coach
I dont believe there is much room for debate here either,he took the qb play to another level in my opinion,there has always been gunslingers and the scrambling qb but i believe Manning studied defenses to another level and was capable of picking teams apart with knowledge not just talent.cough cough Vick............1st ballot no doubt

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Manning is the real deal... It says something when defenses try to disguise alignments until right before he snaps the ball. Not only is he one of the best ever as far as accuracy goes but his decision making and ability to see what the defense is doing pre-snap is 1 of a kind. If he's not the best ever, he's close. 1st ballot without question.