Price Check Phenix 34/26 NIW w/ receipt

Softball.com:

Will B

DeMarini Nation
Just wondering what you think the value of a 34/26 Phenix, w/ receipt is. I know where I can get two.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I could see you getting $400....the prices on these lately are through the roof, I know I've said it before but I'm so glad I picked all mine up before all the hype got around

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
no man, don't buy them, just tell us where they are located and then go park out front and watch the traffic :p

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
not sure what guys on here expect anymore....so just bcus the guy finds a good deal on a hot bat he is supposed to just give them away and not get fair market value....well then I guess I don't hook up board bros, not saying that to be an ahole but do you think the guys on here that actually do let go of stuff fairly cheap aren't making any money??

Do you think guys are paying $200 for niw bats and then only selling them on here for $215?

what exactly qualifies as "hooking up a board bro".....my comments may piss ppl off but I'd like a serious answer to the question...

Basehitter76

NC on 3!!!!!
what is that supposed to mean....

all i am saying is that if I knew a place where you can get bats cheap I would share the wealth and not be greedy.. I am not saying anyone is being greedy.

I am just tired of seeing bats being bought cheap and being sold for outrageous prices but I guess that is what SBF has turned into.

Oh well life goes on I guess.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
all i am saying is that if I knew a place where you can get bats cheap I would share the wealth and not be greedy.. I am not saying anyone is being greedy.

I am just tired of seeing bats being bought cheap and being sold for outrageous prices but I guess that is what SBF has turned into.

I could have made a profit of $65 per bat if I would have hoarded a bunch of the CF3's that closeout bats had for $150 on clearance awhile back...but instead I got one, loved it, did a review on it and every single guy that pm'd me asking where I got it I told them the place...and you know what...within a matter of prob. 2 weeks they were sold out...I even shipped a cpl to Canada for guys bcus closeout wouldn't ship to canada...so if that doesn't qualify as "hooking a board bro up" I'm not sure what does

Basehitter76

NC on 3!!!!!
Maybe I did not clarify it... some board bro's will hook others up like yourself.

but some find something say they found it and don't let others know where than come back on here and literally rape people. Once again I am not saying that WillB is one of them he is as GTG as it gets and I am sure ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ are as well. That comment goes out to all the others who rip us off.!!!

tcal49

Addicted to Softballfans

yea but there is a difference between ripping people off and selling for fair market value... just sayin

just cause I pay 10 bucks for a 300 dollar bat doesn't mean I should sell it for less... that just means the guy I got it from didn't know what he was doing

Woodi

Addicted to Softballfans
Good find cdamron13 on your phenix. I thought i was doing good getting one for 198.
Will B I think you should just tell us where they are and let the first man that gets there get them......

JK

Will B

DeMarini Nation
I certainly hope those comments weren't directed at me. I have done more than my share of "hooking board bros up". For those of you that might have forgot, all those DeMarini Nation Shirts that are out there are because I took the countless hours of my time to get them done and shipped out. Hell, I even took $175 (not including the money I spent for my own shirts) out of my pocket to get the 1st batch shipped out to everyone in a timely manor. Just today I drove 50 miles round trip to pick up a bat for a fellow board bro to get it shipped to him, for the cost of the bat plus shipping only. Not to mention all of the time and heartache spent with this buy in, trying to get everyone taken care of. I fronted the money for a bat for another "board bro" for about 6 weeks til he had the money to pay me back. So just because I chose not to tell everyone where these Phenix's are and bought them myself, doesn't mean I'm not "hooking a board bro up". For once I hooked myself up!!! So if anyone has an issue with that, I really don't care.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
I truly think the "hooking board brothers up" are very hard to happen to come by. There are guys on here who still lookout for fellow board members. Example, WillB posted a thread about a store who had NIW RD28 utrip near him. He posted the asking price and that was gtg move. He sent me the information and I contacted the store. If WillB purchased these Phoenix for 150 each (for example) and sold them for 300, I would be cool with that. If I purchased it for 300, WillB makes some money. I already know the bat is worth much more. The problem is when you get a good deal, some people take it to the bay or flip to make a bigger profit for them.

DVS DEA

"IGNORANCE IS ANNOYING"
I certainly hope those comments weren't directed at me. I have done more than my share of "hooking board bros up". For those of you that might have forgot, all those DeMarini Nation Shirts that are out there are because I took the countless hours of my time to get them done and shipped out. Hell, I even took $175 (not including the money I spent for my own shirts) out of my pocket to get the 1st batch shipped out to everyone in a timely manor. Just today I drove 50 miles round trip to pick up a bat for a fellow board bro to get it shipped to him, for the cost of the bat plus shipping only. Not to mention all of the time and heartache spent with this buy in, trying to get everyone taken care of. I fronted the money for a bat for another "board bro" for about 6 weeks til he had the money to pay me back. So just because I chose not to tell everyone where these Phenix's are and bought them myself, doesn't mean I'm not "hooking a board bro up". For once I hooked myself up!!! So if anyone has an issue with that, I really don't care.

You also forgot to mention when you hooked me up with a 34/26oz Phenix for what you paid for it plus shipping :D

Will is a vety G2G bro, he goes the extra mile for the board bros on here.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen

You is good people. Anyone complaining can STFU and GTFO as far as I'm concerned :cool:

jordanhill27

Secret Weapon
not sure what guys on here expect anymore....so just bcus the guy finds a good deal on a hot bat he is supposed to just give them away and not get fair market value....well then I guess I don't hook up board bros, not saying that to be an ahole but do you think the guys on here that actually do let go of stuff fairly cheap aren't making any money??

Do you think guys are paying $200 for niw bats and then only selling them on here for $215?

what exactly qualifies as "hooking up a board bro".....my comments may piss ppl off but I'd like a serious answer to the question...

x2................

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i find it hard to buy bats with the intention of flipping for profit. i'd LOVE to get a great deal on a bat i'd use, and if some time later i decided to sell, i wouldn't worry too much about what i paid, i'd go by market value. i just don't see myself going out and buying a bat at some store for 150, and then selling on here or ebay for a profit the next day. maybe it's because i haven't found a bat worth 100's more than it was selling for, and i don't think spending the time to go buy the bat, sell it online, ship it out is worth the 20-30 bux i may have actually been able to profit.

i'm not saying it's 'wrong' to flip bats for profit, i've done that with other things(electronics and car parts mostly) locally, but it always seemed to be more work than profit, so now i typically just post where the good deal is if i'm not personally interested in it.

now that being said, if i found an RD28 for 100 bux at PIAS or something, you bet your ass it'd be for sale on here the next day for low-mid market value. but for most things it's just not worth it. a team mate's friend is probably going to be selling his 28oz RD28, i half wanted to offer him 200 bux to see if he'd take it(they were selling for 250 in stores last year), but considering i'd just have to turn around and sell it myself i didn't bother. i did however end up offering to help him sell it online and told him he'd probably be able to get about 300 for it. i'm starting to regret that a bit now, if he takes me up on that offer anyway. now i'm doing the work i didn't want to, and trying to give a reasonable deal to whoever buys it, while getting enough money to make the owner happy, and leaving nothing in between for myself. oops

oh btw, please don't pm me, i have no idea if he'll sell the bat, if he'll get me to help, or what he'll ask.

Last edited:

dish0005

'murica!
this thread had/has potential....Will B is GTG, what he does or doesn't do with any bat that he may or may not buy is his call.