Pics of the CRAPPIEST field you play on

TXOutlaws

Coach
This was a field we were supposed to play on sunday morning.:eek::eek: This was after a rainstorm on Thursday night and sunny weather since then and about 75 degrees. The drainage system here plain sucked:mad::mad:
And Yes, those are bleachers behind 2nd base. I guess they forgot we had a game here.

Atleast you guys get rain.....

Texas is dry :(

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
The legit pics of ****ty fields have me laughing pretty hard. Especially the flooded one with the bleachers in shallow outfield.

daddy_ja

Amateur bat huer
Seems to me people should get out, take initiative and fix the field so they have somewhere decent to play.

txslugga

DO WORK SON!!!!
Is that astroturf or really really nice grass?

Outfield is really nice grass...infield turf.

6 fields at our BLD

bigleaguedreams.com

^^^^^ this...they used to have a dirt BB and old turf(like flat hard turf).. now they re-did the turf (grassy turf) and an all turf BB...you get spoiled playing there...makes all the other fields look like crap....freaking expensive for a season...$600/team ..$3 gate fee..concession is outrageous...only upside besides the fields is you can play yr round,every seasons back to back

cmac1530

2011-08-14092811.jpg

wow!!! i will stop raggin on our fields now r fields suck but thats really bad

TXOutlaws

Coach
^^^^^ this...they used to have a dirt BB and old turf(like flat hard turf).. now they re-did the turf (grassy turf) and an all turf BB...you get spoiled playing there...makes all the other fields look like crap....freaking expensive for a season...$600/team ..$3 gate fee..concession is outrageous...only upside besides the fields is you can play yr round,every seasons back to back

I don't mind paying the expensive fees to have fields like we do though. :)

$10 for a pitcher of beer isn't too bad either.

The food, however, is ridiculously priced.

Scott P

Starting Player
I should have taken a picture of the field we played on today. The batters box was just a big sand box. You sunk into the stuff. Any ball hit in the infield pretty much died with zero bounce. Even running was tough since the base paths were so loose. I assume it is a combination of materials and the complete lack of rain. The sprinklers for the outfield came on at 1:15 during the third inning of our game. Who the hell programs sprinklers to run in the hottest part of the day?

Thepiehouse

Funny saying

$600 a team? is a lot?
How many games?

We pay $800 for 10 games, plus playoffs in summer we played 14 games when all said and done. Plus they offer a free tournament for league teams on a weekend following the season. We have nice fields(no BLD), very well taken care of and cash payouts.

In the City (Chicago) leagues are $1100 for 8 games and you are only guaranteed 1 extra game for playoffs. No payouts and the fields for the exception of maybe 3 parks are junky.

Our indoor leagues in the winter are $1000+ also 8 games plus playoffs. Cash payouts.

Jryan

Addicted to Softballfans
Worse Field Ever!! 4ft drop from center field to home plate and a 3ft drop from RF / LF to home plate.

DBO KING

Manager
Dont have any pics, but there was a field at SUBASE Bangor in WA, that had a road in right field, light poles in center and left, also the fence past the right field road was so close it was a ground rule double if you hit it over. It was behind the old gym, if any of you Navy guys have been there. Also a field in Tacoma WA that had a 4 foot drop about 250' from home in the entire outfield, with no fences, broken ankles all the time. They finally closed that one.

bamelanc

Starting Player
Port Arthur lol...

They're building 2 new fields in that park area over the winter... 325' fields with 9' fences, I hear... Home plates are gonna be facing south, so the trade winds are always gonna be blowing in hard from LCF during the non-winter months.. oughta be fun lol.
Port Arthur has a 2 Million dollar budget for parks and recreation... Judging by their parks, not a dime goes to keeping them up.

71bama17

Addicted to Softballfans
No pics but I have played on 2 fields with Light standards inside the fence, a field that is 180' in left don't blink your reading that right 180', Another an elevation change of 4 to 5 feet from the plate to center, basically the center fielder is at eye level with the batters knees, And the best is My home diamond, 225,250,225 but here is the best part, there is enough flat green grass behind the fence that the field could be 280, 300, 280, but the man in charge says if they move the fence we'll just get "better bats" and hit as many home runs, Well the league is ASA not much we can do, league even offered half the money and all the man power they need to help move the fence and they still turned us down

middlesopenalld

Extra Hitter
This was a field we were supposed to play on sunday morning.:eek::eek: This was after a rainstorm on Thursday night and sunny weather since then and about 75 degrees. The drainage system here plain sucked:mad::mad:
And Yes, those are bleachers behind 2nd base. I guess they forgot we had a game here.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

appreciate the rain buddy......here in texas we have forgotten what rain is

MR. ASA HOLE

Addicted to Softballfans
$600 a team? is a lot?
How many games?

We pay $800 for 10 games, plus playoffs in summer we played 14 games when all said and done. Plus they offer a free tournament for league teams on a weekend following the season. We have nice fields(no BLD), very well taken care of and cash payouts.

In the City (Chicago) leagues are $1100 for 8 games and you are only guaranteed 1 extra game for playoffs. No payouts and the fields for the exception of maybe 3 parks are junky.

Our indoor leagues in the winter are $1000+ also 8 games plus playoffs. Cash payouts.

Sadly...all quoted for troof.

Dysh8

The Veteran
$600 a team? is a lot?
How many games?

Holy crap, Ill stop complaining in the expensive city we play league in...In my home town we pay $275 /team for 10 games on brand new fields. In the "expensive" city we pay $390 / team....

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
The very first field there's a pic posted of, infielders must absolutely get drilled on a regular basis:eek:

mikenfanatic

Star Player

We pay $505 a season, plus ump fees per game and our fields are no where near as nice. 10 game season plus 1 championship game if you place first. Our league pits the team in 1st place after 5 games against the team in 1st after 10 games in the championship game.

I'd pay an extra $95 to play at a BLD park.

Last edited:

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
Damn D, I wish I had picks of the softball field we made in Saudi when I was deployed there. It was mostly sand and had a guard tower in Center field and if you hit a home run it went out of the base. It felt like playing prison ball