Piriformis muscle????

cards4

Addicted to Softballfans
Have any of you had the lower back and piriformis muscle pain? Started going to PT about 3 wks ago. Doing lower back and leg exercises. Ice and TENS. What is the recovery time? Thanks for any info.

dave2525

"Stay thirsty my friends"
I see a massage therapist for my lower back and buttock pain. She really works.the area and helps it from flaring up. Other then that lots of stretching in the area.helps

JoePaterno

Addicted to Softballfans
I have issues with mine as well. One of the best things you can do is get a tennis ball and roll your piriformis over it while you are sitting on the ground. Google "piriformis tennis ball massage" and you will find several articles on this.

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
I have piriformis problems. Went to the doctor to get an MRI on the area, and they found degenerative conditions in the lower back that was fouling up the nerves in my back. Doc told me the pain in the piriformis was actual problems with my back and the nerves that connect it to the piriformis. Chiropractor seems to help on this one quite a bit. Also do some stretches. If you google "piriformis stretches" you will find a lot of good stretching routines...

cards4

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks. I have been going to P/T and he has given me some exercises. He thinks that it's a lower back problem also. Disc problem? He did say that it could be a different muscle that's hurting. What's the recovery time?

Treb

Retired
a couple years i had it....doc put me on soma and vicodin 3x a day for 10 days. haven't had a problem since.