Pitcher cries about middle game gets called

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
Both of those pitchers are seriously pusses, 'specially the one who threaten anybody who hit him.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
So the guys that play tourneys dont have these things?

i don't believe i said anything about tourneys...

point is, rec league is for fun. i suppose it depends on what else is available to play, but around here, if you want to take it serious, you don't play rec. many of the pitchers in my rec league do so because they can't play any other position. if we went middle, it's quite likely we'd be calling an ambulance every week, and 30-40% of the league would drop out due to safety concerns. truth is, there's a lot of ppl playing 3rd/1st that wouldn't be able to get out of the way if somebody was really gunning for them.

pitcher was a little ***** sure, but i'd be pissed if ppl were intentionally hitting it at our pitcher in rec as well. fortunately we have 1000 other holes in our field to hit to instead...i mean, it is rec after all

Last edited:

blakcherry329

It's a friggin single wall league. WTF??? :eek: Maybe both of them shouldn't be pitching if they are that rattled by middle shots. :rolleyes:

The ump was definitely correct in calling the game, imo.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
It's a friggin single wall league. WTF??? :eek:

Singlewall doesn't mean it's gently rolling at you. If it allows bats like the Steels and Nano, "singlewall" isn't even really an indicator of the performance level of the bats. If those are allowed, or the old C-Core and Z-Core bats, then the only thing being a singlewall-only league does is make it harder to solidly hit up the middle, not really decrease the velocity of one hit on the screws at your pitcher.

Granted, threatening someone after your own team has done the same is kinda a ***** move.

blakcherry329

Singlewall doesn't mean it's gently rolling at you. If it allows bats like the Steels and Nano, "singlewall" isn't even really an indicator of the performance level of the bats. If those are allowed, or the old C-Core and Z-Core bats, then the only thing being a singlewall-only league does is make it harder to solidly hit up the middle, not really decrease the velocity of one hit on the screws at your pitcher.

Granted, threatening someone after your own team has done the same is kinda a ***** move.

I think Nanoteks aren't allowed in most singlewall leagues, as far as I know.
Any "Core" bat ain't scaring me, trust me. :p
It also depends on the balls being hit.

Having said that, doesn't really matter what the league is. If you are bitching about hitting middle, maybe you don't have the right mentality for pitching. Just my opinion...

John1007

Addicted to Softballfans
we have a saying on our team...nobody argues with the ump or threatens the other team on the field...save it for the parking lot.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha I would probably let them hit at me only 2 times but if they said my bad after everyone it would be like 6 times then I would get angry

gittyup11

Addicted to Softballfans
rec or not, middle is part of the game. if you can not field it then play 5 man infield. the middle is the easiest place to get a hit its the biggest area. either dont be a pitcher or learn how to field.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Seen pitchers whine but never to stop the game. Umps would have called it when the other pitcher started saying niddie is open. But single wall aluminums and whining about middle. Hahahaha wait sorry...hahaha I hope you are making this up

bigdog69

the 1 and only
Playing in a rec game (single wall no composite) last night against a good team, and our lead off hit middle twice. First time ball goes by pitcher he says sorry to pitcher and pitcher responsds tell your pitcher sorry. 2nd time 2 at bats later he hits the pitcher in the foot, then at the end of the inning he starts yelling kitchen is open and you better put a mask on. Our pitcher responds after if I get hit at 3 or more times I will hit you with a bat. Umpire calls the game because our pitcher threatened him, and it was getting out of hand.

I personally thought the pitcher was being a ***** for crying, but the ump was probably right for calling game.

ump should of warned him when he said the first threat why wate untill its getting dangerous i dont get it