pitchers screen

hecty

Starting Player
hi guys, im looking into making a pitchers screen. anyone know where i can buy some good netting?

also, i just realized there are different sizes of nets in terms of how big the gaps are. anyone have a preferred size?

Last edited:

pitchslapped

Starting Player
hi guys, im looking into making a pitchers screen. anyone know where i can buy some good netting?

also, i just realized there are different sizes of nets in terms of how big the gaps are. anyone have a preferred size?

I would prefer that the gaps be smaller than a softball. JS

dan

Manager
haha not all of us hit bp with midgits

Well, you just place this screen two feet in front of home plate.

Voila!

Every player on the field will be protected!

(Actually, you just duck down after you pitch - four feet isn't all that short. Wonder if it comes in a 6-foot version?)

hitsone

Netting comes in a variety of sizes and materials.
Most net suppliers will be able to recomend the right size. I used 1 1/4' for mine.
Also you have to consider if you want a stiff or soft flexible type.
IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/hitsone/Pitchscreen005.jpg[/IMG]
Pitchscreen006.jpg

DEHeart24

Addicted to Softballfans
And by far the most expensive? $279 seems a little much, unless you're buying it for a league.

I bought at the begining of year for the team... folds up and packs away very easy and great quality... IMO Worth the money... fits in trunk of car on plane etc... w/ no prob.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
I bought at the begining of year for the team... folds up and packs away very easy and great quality... IMO Worth the money... fits in trunk of car on plane etc... w/ no prob.

I mean if you have your own plane.. you can afford 279 for a pitching net. (And wtf is up with their website... is that the first website ever built?)

hecty

Starting Player
thanks everyone for the input. to answer your previous question, its in this section cause its a uniforms, logos, and MORE... i just thought pitchers screen qualified as "more" and yes i am a n00b. 170 for a screen sounds ridiculous when nets costs about 25 bucks. . . . .