Pitching screen?

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought mine years ago for $140. I'm sure they are in the $170 range now. Less than 5 mins to set up and comes with carrying bag. Very durable frame and net.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for feedback. I saw the jugs for $229, bownet 7x7 for $139, and the 7x7 I screen bownet for $199 all on the bay......think I got my eyes set on one of the bownets........anyone know where I can get them cheaper than those 2 prices?

worthfan

P/T Playa - F/T Pimp
I have the Bownet big mouth for doing tee work and soft toss. I'm no masher but when I get a hold of one it can bend the rods back pretty good. I'm just wondering with the guys who are using the Bownet pitching how far do it bend back towards the pitcher on middle shots? Also how are the rods holding up from direct hits? If someone had video or could take one I'd love to see it

****s sporting goods website Louisville slugger screen item 11359134 weve used it around 30 sessions already and no complaints

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the Bownet big mouth for doing tee work and soft toss. I'm no masher but when I get a hold of one it can bend the rods back pretty good. I'm just wondering with the guys who are using the Bownet pitching how far do it bend back towards the pitcher on middle shots? Also how are the rods holding up from direct hits? If someone had video or could take one I'd love to see it

The bigmouth has the carcher in the middle right? I was looking for the straight up screen that dosent catch the balls in the middle

****s sporting goods website Louisville slugger screen item 11359134 weve used it around 30 sessions already and no complaints

I saw that on there and was curious about the TPS one. Richards also has the primed version if the big mouth bownet on sale

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for feedback. I saw the jugs for $229, bownet 7x7 for $139, and the 7x7 I screen bownet for $199 all on the bay......think I got my eyes set on one of the bownets........anyone know where I can get them cheaper than those 2 prices?

HQ has Jugs for $169. Not sure how much shipping would be.

tmolina

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had a Jugs for two years, never one problem, rock solid will last forever....I wouldn't use a bownet to pitch behind.....

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
The bownet I-screen (pitching screen) is sold without a frame & should be no more than $60. If you just want a pitching screen you can buy the replacement 7X7 frame for $99. This frame is used for the big mouth batting net, soft toss & I-screen (the center portion of the frame is removed for the I-screen). If you want a batting screen you can buy the Big Mouth or soft toss which comes with the frame & get the I-screen separately. I-screen with replacement frame is $160 from manufacturer & places like ***********ress which offer free shipping. Baseball express had a 10% off coupon when I bought mine but it doesn't look like they are doing that promotion anymore.

I've been using mine for 3 months now with no issues. The screen does flex back on impact but we are talking a few inches and it does this by design. It comes with stakes you can secure into the ground but I have not felt the need to use these. I primarily use this for team bp & would say it's taken about 30 or so good shots. I have never noticed it hitting the frame but given it's flexible design (it uses tent fiberglass poles) it should absorb any normal softball impact just fine.

I also use the I-screen for Tee work in my backyard & it works fine. The balls to bounce back about 5 feet or so but I put the screen at an angle & just pick them up. You do have to move the screen around when doing this depending on if you are working on pulling the ball or going oppo. The Big Mouth would definitely be better for this but the I-screen does work if you do not want to spend the extra dough.
JJ

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I have had a Jugs for two years, never one problem, rock solid will last forever....I wouldn't use a bownet to pitch behind.....

Why not?
Basically all these different pitching screens will do a good job of protecting a pitcher. I've pitched behind a Juggs, Atec, Bownet & some custom ones and they all work, it just depends on what you want to use it for & how much you want to pay.

The bownet & pitchsafe are the lightest and most portable. Great for BP & carting around to multiple locations. Probably won't last a lifetime & not the best for day-to-day use but if you are using it for team BP on a weekly basis it should hold up for many years.

If you are going for something permanent that stays at the same field & is used day-to-day you may want something with a metal frame such as the Juggs or Atec or one of the custom jobs out there.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
I would be using it weekly for team batting......the jugs and the TPS one have the metal pipes. They both look like the are 6x4 and durable, but the TPS has the foldback flap for pitching.........if these are around the same price as the bownets, I would prob. Go with one of these for durability purposes unless someone knows where to get a hell of a deal in the bownets......thanks again for more feedback.

SYNERGY2

Manager
I made a 6*6 out of chainlink fence top rail for the frame and a net we found on the web. The net goes over the frame like a bag so there is essentially a net section on both sides of frame.

The frame is metal and has taken some rockets with no issue. Cost was about $85. I made the frame into 3' pieces so it breaks down and fits into one of those camping chair bags. Goes together in about 5 minutes.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I made a 6*6 out of chainlink fence top rail for the frame and a net we found on the web. The net goes over the frame like a bag so there is essentially a net section on both sides of frame.

The frame is metal and has taken some rockets with no issue. Cost was about $85. I made the frame into 3' pieces so it breaks down and fits into one of those camping chair bags. Goes together in about 5 minutes.

any pics?

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
My Jugs Lite Flite set up.
Net is warranted for 1 yr & frame is warranted for 3 yrs.

Easy to set up and break down.

20140224_083556_zpsbvwjvylm.jpg