Plan at home

Dutch Touch

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys, new to the forum.
I am a 16 year old skinny lanky kid who can't lift weights/do exercises as well as an average person my age would be able to do.
I am 6'2, 150lbs.
What I am looking for is a workout plan, you can just tell me some exercises I can do.
Right now I do some sit ups, push ups and I have two 15lb. dumbbells.
I also do the Macenko batting drill 3 times a week and I have been doing that for about 2 weeks.
I know I don't have much to work with but this is a start.
I am looking to work on basically every part of my body,
Thanks for reading and hope you can help!

Last edited:

packfootball

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys, new to the forum.
I am a 16 year old skinny lanky kid who can't lift weights/do exercises as well as an average person my age would be able to do.
I am 6'2, 150lbs.
What I am looking for is a workout plan, you can just tell me some exercises I can do.
Right now I do some sit ups, push ups and I have two 15lb. dumbbells.
I also do the Macenko batting drill 3 times a week and I have been doing that for about 2 weeks.
I know I don't have much to work with but this is a start.
I am looking to work on basically every part of my body,
Thanks for reading and hope you can help!

Here's a site you can start with, http://www.shapefit.com/training.html

Scroll down shows tons of different exercises and proper form.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
good thing to start now. ive heard lifting when youre too young stunts your growth and i think they may be right cuz i dont think ive grown since 8th grade

packfootball

Addicted to Softballfans
Do what works for you. Try one from each group, then change it up when it gets boring doing same routine. Then find something new to do using same muscle group.

-TC-

Manager
good thing to start now. ive heard lifting when youre too young stunts your growth and i think they may be right cuz i dont think ive grown since 8th grade

Thats a myth...I had a huge growth spurt after I started weights

Teabag Jenkins

Addicted to Softballfans
Do a search for Mark Rippetoe and do "Starting Strength". Best routine for a beginner and remember to eat. Size is gained at the dinner table.

-TC-

Manager
Do a search for Mark Rippetoe and do "Starting Strength". Best routine for a beginner and remember to eat. Size is gained at the dinner table.

ya, that would be ideal, but he lacks equipment. "Right now I do some sit ups, push ups and I have two 15lb. dumbbells. "

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
my advice is to figure out what kind of muscle you want and what you want to use it for.

The first portion of my lifting life was not really useful muscle gained....and I lifted using the incorrect reps and sets.....and I also didn't do the lifts that would benefit me the most for sports.

I have drastically changed my routine and sets/reps....and I have tons of cross over to sports as well. My suggestion would be to find someone with experience.....I would read the http://www.westside-barbell.com/ website and do their work out programs. email some of those guys.

The trainer I learned a lot from has two 16-17 yr olds....they have been lifting for 2-3 yrs now with him....one directly being trained by him.....and he is 170-180lbs and he just broke 600lbs squat.....he could even be a powerlifter at his weight class if he decided to pursue that path....but he does track...hurdles of some sort. He is also benching in the 300lbs...which is great for being 16-17 yrs old.

its all about the training method and learning from the best.....I would say about 99% of the people out there don't know what the hell they are doing......stick around the powerlifting crew and you can learn a lot.....while I and you should understand that not everyone has the body type like the one described above...;.so be realistic about your expectations as well.

they can also show you the correct technique....and again....I would say most trainers at most fitness centers don't know how to train the proper technique on A LOT of major lifts.....or even know how to breath correctly.

Last edited: