Plantar Fascitis...

mikey48240

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Has anyone ever had this? I was in the hospital with this along with a blood clot in my left leg. How does someone treat PF? I have never had such a pain in my foot like this before. any suggestions?

mikey48240

Outstanding Bad Dealer
And the doctor diagnosed it as PF? And not something associated with the clots?

Yea, they gave me a nice long hour MRI and then I had an ultrasound done. Gave me some blood thinner meds for the clot but didnt say much about the PF, said I had to see a Podiatrist. but wanted to see if anyone had to deal with before.

bignasty

5-6 hole masher
pf

talk to your podiatrist about topaz surgery. having it done on my Achilles. say it the newest and greatest thing..

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Rolling a bottle or a under your foot helps. What really worked for me was similar to a calf stretch against the wall but I ready leaned forward. Stretched the crap out of my heel. I'd do 30 second stretches, 4 on each side twice a day. Then is do calf raises with a deep negative stretch on the stairs. I would accompany this exercise with very heavy profanity. Then I would ice the heels and take some sodium naproxen.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Good orthotics work well too, especially if the PF is due to low or high arches...

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I think they recommend gel caps for your heels. Dr. Scholls makes something like that.

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
I second that suggestion for rolling your foot over a frozen water bottle. That REALLY helped me.

Dawgs14

it will hurt like hell....but rolling a golf ball under your foot..and then a frozen water bottle....it works

HOUSER#31

Addicted to Softballfans
all good advice here... the stretching and Naproxen 4 times a day worked for me... most of all take some time off playing and let it heal up...

brandonmincy69

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried everything and more listed already as well. The only thing that gave me any relief at first was the injections, but towards the end I was only getting about a week out of each shot. I had the release surgery on 10/14 of this year, along with a sizeabel bone spur removed. It is slow healing and you can't do much PT or rehab on it. Some stretrching, but mostly just time. I was in a boot for 7 weeks, now my orthapede wants me to be in shoes all day and a sleeping boot at night. I hope it starts to get beter, but now it honestly still feels worse than it did before. I kind of did a double whammy because I had tennis elbow surgery at the same time, so between the 2 surgeries I am looking at Feb/March before I can start hitting again anyway. I have a good orthotics, but was thinking about getting some kind of heel cup as well for my heel, has anyone tried both? Does it help or work?

silver_bullet05

Addicted to Softballfans
ive had it before numerous times....lots of rest and anti inflammatories...be careful not to favor your other foot or else youll get it in that foot as well....if its real bad id go see a foot doc and get a steriod shot to help the healing...PF sux and is very painful...hope you the best bro!!!

slawson86

Addicted to Softballfans
had my best luck massaging the bottom with stepping on golfballs... hurts like hell! good insoles and stretching daily has kept mine away for about a year.