USSSA Player Eligibity Question

Taprootgft

Addicted to Softballfans
So to preface this, the team I run is in a sanctioned co-ed USSSA rec/E league

It has come to my attention that a guy we use from time to time that's on our roster is USSSA C level

My question is can they be on our roster and play? Or do I need to discontinue using him?

Best I could find in the rule book was

"E. Mixed E teams shall only be allowed to have male players from current male E rosters and female players only from D and E rosters in that current season. Note: Any exception must be approved by the Executive
Director or his designee."

But couldn't tell if this only applied to tournament play only or if this was all play. Any insight would be helpful, or if there is another area of the rule book that references this that you could direct to? thanks

Stretch19

Grow up
ask your league director...i think the ruling is for tournament play, but he/she would be able to tell you more definitively

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
It is likely that your league will allow him to play - however for tournaments you will lose if there is a roster protest when he is playing...

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask your league director but I can tell you around here you wouldn't have any problems in league. Now if you go to play a sanctioned Mixed E tournament he would not be allowed to play. I know guys that play B worlds that play E co-ed.

Taprootgft

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok cool, figured it wouldn't be an issue in league, but not seeing anything specific in the rule book thought I'd ask.

AH23

Addicted to Softballfans
I call ball/strike, fair/foul, safe/out, run did/didn't score. I have zero clue about whether or not a player is eligible. :)

I tell em "If you're protesting one of their players I'll mark it in the book". I ain't roster police.