Pop Toss -- Green Tee seen this? opinons?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i like, not a replacement for live BP, but it's a good tool to mix it up. i can't get mine to pop high/far enough to take a full swing with, but it definitely helps me hit those pitches that come in with no arc.

basically it does just what it says.

Coonass

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like junk. Might be good if you trying to get used to a pitcher quick pitching you.

MizakisBizak

Fat & Slow, but still GTG
First time I've heard of it, but it doesn't look like much to me. Don't think I'd spend my $$ on it.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I like mine a lot, and it's worth the $$$ if you can't find somebody to pitch to you, but you find yourself with the free time.

Unfortunately, mine has sat in my trunk for most of the season, and come out only once.

AveregeJay

Banned User
It can be a bit finicky, you have to make sure you keep it clean and if you are using it on shale/clay put it inside a pail so you don't get it all dusty.

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
Yeah it is no replacement for live bp....but did you ever want to go out and take some cuts but had no one to pitch to you? This works great for those times...I just set mine up in the back yard with the net up and take 100 or so cuts...it works great! Cant beat it for $80

timyoung

Panda Smash!
Personally, I don't like it. There's no feeding system so you have to load it every time. Yeah call me lazy but I'm much happier with the Jugs Toss Machine where I can get 10 cuts in before reloading or fetching balls.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Works good but you do have to load each ball. But does pop ball 8' in air, dont think soft toss machines do that.

Ratmoss

The Veteran
I recently purchased one of these things. I like it as a live BP substitute, I never feel like I'm doing anything useful with a stationary tee. This makes it a little more realistic I guess.

It does suck to reload every swing. It says to use the handle of the bat to push down the mechanism to reset. I have had trouble where my bat will get stuck in there if I don't pull it out on the exact same plane it went in. I'm affraid of breaking the pop toss or my bat. The hole is only a couple of millimeters wider than a bat handle. I don't know how anyone who uses a knob cuff or a lot of tape could use this.

Does anyone use some sort of plunger? I guess I could bring a broom handle or something slightly narrower than a bat. Any suggustions?

AveregeJay

Banned User
I recently purchased one of these things. I like it as a live BP substitute, I never feel like I'm doing anything useful with a stationary tee. This makes it a little more realistic I guess.

It does suck to reload every swing. It says to use the handle of the bat to push down the mechanism to reset. I have had trouble where my bat will get stuck in there if I don't pull it out on the exact same plane it went in. I'm affraid of breaking the pop toss or my bat. The hole is only a couple of millimeters wider than a bat handle. I don't know how anyone who uses a knob cuff or a lot of tape could use this.

Does anyone use some sort of plunger? I guess I could bring a broom handle or something slightly narrower than a bat. Any suggustions?

The two I bought came with a wooden dowel plunger. About 8" long.

ShiftFreeStyle5

Starting Player
I bought one about a month ago and have used it a couple times. I like it alot but like most people say it's no replacement for live BP.

03lemansz

Addicted to Softballfans
I own one as well and I love it...but as people have said its not a replacement for live BP. I've used mine probably 15-20 times this year and last (about 100-200 swings each session) and it still works like it did out of the box. Keep it in a bucket to keep the dust/dirt off of it, and it seems to last.

I like it much better than a tee because it helps to practice your hand-eye coordination a lot more imo.