Pop toss!

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to pick up a pop toss for some winter B.P, where would b my best choice and cost ??

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I use a Wheeler Dealer and they run about $325.00. I have been using them for 10 yrs and have had no problem. It is a good work out tool to stay sharp.

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys for your input, might b interested in one to start of with an then my b in to a wheeler dealer.. Don't really like hitting of a tee and would rather hit a moving target..

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Anyone got a vid of a pop toss being used? I would like to see one in action before even considering it.

Thx MB

smokeum99ta

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's a video [ame=http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/smokeum99ta/60BEBAC0-C2F9-46A5-BD3A-29FA8C1430C9-2437-000003D08A065CA3.mp4]
th_60BEBAC0-C2F9-46A5-BD3A-29FA8C1430C9-2437-000003D08A065CA3.jpg
[/ame]

Spackler

...got that goin for me
The height it throws is prob its advantage over my Easton soft toss machine which I have mounted on a tripod but I can only hit pull shots cause its tall. How high can Wheeler Dealer chuck it??

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Which pop toss is that? And just an idea but would it be possible to mount that thing on an angled base so it would be throwing the ball towards u like a pitch?

Thx MB

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
I had a pop toss and thought it was garbage. ... very inconsistent and got tired of adjusting it all the time

smokeum99ta

Addicted to Softballfans
There's adjusting screws on the bottom to get more angle outta it. Mine was set to the max height and angle. Plus I zip tied it to a piece of plywood. That made it consistently pitch the same for me. But different balls will come off differently.

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a pop toss and thought it was garbage. ... very inconsistent and got tired of adjusting it all the time

Looks like a there's a lot of mix thoughts about it but I guess I won't know in till I give it a try of my own

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
I got one for Christmas. The only problem is that it's freezing outside :-( I had to take it outside and see it work though. I noticed that if it's windy it will mess with the ball a lot. But it throws it at a good pitch height and will be good for timing and self bp. If the wind is blowing hard, I'll just use my regular tee.

BossWes

The Veteran
I mounted my pop toss inside two 5 gallon buckets (bottom of one bucket cut out) to protect it from low liners. It is a great training tool, and works even better with a buddy or more than a dozen balls. You could easily get the team out for a training session and turn it into a drinking game if that will help with getting people out for practice...

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Had some good oppo workouts with one which you cant really do with a T

Not really sure why you can't go oppo with a tee? Or are you saying a tee won't replicate the timing of a moving pitch? I would agree with the latter. The former; a tee is a great tool for learning the contact point for going oppo.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Not really sure why you can't go oppo with a tee? Or are you saying a tee won't replicate the timing of a moving pitch? I would agree with the latter. The former; a tee is a great tool for learning the contact point for going oppo.

seems like you already discussed it out.....but proofs in the pudding young man

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
Cheaper and more effective to pick up someone in the home depot parking lot and pay him hourly to toss balls to you.