Portable L-Screen

bosshogoutlaw

Extra Hitter
Any recommendations on portable pitching screens? Want something easy enough to build/breakdown but gives enough protection not to take a beating if one of the big guys shoots middle by accident.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Does it need to be an L shaped screen?
I use a Bownet (I-screen with 7'X7' frame) & it works great. Set-up take down in a couple minutes, very light & portable. Not the most "heavy duty" net out there but it will stop any shot up middle (even a masher). Mine is going on 2 years of use & is still in pristine condition. Only drawback I have seen is that on really windy days you need to either stake it down (it comes with stakes) or put something heavy on the base to keep it from blowing over. This is because it uses composite poles for the net frame with metal base poles. Got mine out-the-door for <$150

People have also had lots o success with 1) Juggs lite & 2) pitchsafe screens. The Juggs is a bit more solid & costs about the same (maybe $20-$30 more ) but is not as compact. The pitchsafe is both durable & very compact but runs about $300.

You really can't go wrong with any of these options, just depends on what you want to spend
JJ

I use the louisville slugger screen and its seems to be fairly durable and found it for $99. Takes less than 5 mins to put up and take down.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Jugs Lite Flite is a GREAT screen. Easy to put up and take down. Have had mine for about 3-4 years has taken some shots and STILL going strong.

One of the best softball investments I've made

mustang

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton L screen had it for about 5 yrs now between my kids baseball and my softball best money i have ever spent.