Price Check Portent G3 2015

Hit N Run

No Manches
How much should I ask for a warranty return 27oz Portent G3? Just came in the mail. They are 279.99 new on some websites.
portentutrip_pg3sp4_zps765c99ce.jpg

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would start there. It just depends on if you can find anyone that is really excited about a new rarely seen so far bat.

Is it about the same endloading as the old Portent?

Hit N Run

No Manches
I hope I do find someone. Its balanced, but feels a little heavy swing wise. I might put a handfull of swings on it and do a review. You never know I might like it. LOL;)

mihklo

That much for a nr combat will prob sit. Most new combats you can find for that price or cheaper niw w ret

mihklo

Hey bro do what you want with it. I'm just saying. No site advertises prices that low you should know that. Hell call around and see what they're actually going for. Not what's listed on a site. Or just post it for that and watch it sit.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
If you are not willing to listen to the advice, don't ask the question.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
You'll be lucky to get $150 combat resale is ****

I can buy all kinds of badass combats right now for $99

G Rat

Baller on a Budget
We have a guy on our team with 200 hits on his. After the the first 10 hits tone changed and ball started flying (both Dudley 44/400 and 52/275). Balanced feel.

GL0cK

Addicted to Softballfans
The new one is midloaded and performs nice. I liked the feel of last years one better though.

Hit N Run

No Manches
If you are not willing to listen to the advice, don't ask the question.
I wasn't trying to be rude, just simply asked another question as a rebuttal.
I value the opinions of all of you on this board. Otherwise you are right I wouldn't ask questions.

You'll be lucky to get $150 combat resale is ****

I can buy all kinds of badass combats right now for $99
I have a 26oz NR Wanted 14 with like 20 swings. Can't get a good feel for it. Is this one of those badass combats that I should keep or get rid of.

We have a guy on our team with 200 hits on his. After the the first 10 hits tone changed and ball started flying (both Dudley 44/400 and 52/275). Balanced feel.
What bat would you compare this to - pop, distance wise?

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
I didn't say pick any of the badass ones. I meant find the one that fits you and sell the rest

Don't get so defensive. You might be able to move it on the bay for higher $, but resaling combats suck

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you like your Spiked I'd keep the Wanted. They take more hits to break in than most. I'd say mine hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

I'd also say you can't get a really good feel for a bat in only 20 swings, especially if they're spread out across several bp sessions with other bats as well. If you're not going to commit to the Wanted you may not want to keep it. I was trying to break my 13 ASA Wanted when my love affair with it started. I'd say it took me 500 swings to get the feel of it and love it. That's obviously when it broke in all the way, but still. IF you want to commit to it, I THINK it will reward you, but that's up to you. I've never even seen you play. :D

Hit N Run

No Manches
I didn't say pick any of the badass ones. I meant find the one that fits you and sell the rest

Don't get so defensive. You might be able to move it on the bay for higher $, but resaling combats suck
LOL! Ok, I will try the bay.:thumb:
Thanks

If you like your Spiked I'd keep the Wanted. They take more hits to break in than most. I'd say mine hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

I'd also say you can't get a really good feel for a bat in only 20 swings, especially if they're spread out across several bp sessions with other bats as well. If you're not going to commit to the Wanted you may not want to keep it. I was trying to break my 13 ASA Wanted when my love affair with it started. I'd say it took me 500 swings to get the feel of it and love it. That's obviously when it broke in all the way, but still. IF you want to commit to it, I THINK it will reward you, but that's up to you. I've never even seen you play. :D
I will try the wanted a couple more times at bp.
Thanks

mihklo

Combats are nice bats, but the resale yikes:( the 99 for niw with receipt bat doesn't help either.

Those are last years models though. The newer ones will pull a higher price.
On a side note I'll be recieving one of these portents in and selling it when I recieve it. Or maybe someone will get it for SS who knows. Lol.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
When the 15s are available in stores I would be shocked if SBF price wasn't around 210 for NIW.

If I was going to sell my 2015 NR derby boys I would ask 150 and probably accept 140 is someone offered.

As far as the Wanteds Some people don't like the stiffer feel in a two piece bat. And they take some time to break in. 100+ or more hits for me. Most people Ive talked to also prefer the 13sover the 14s also.
I'd put 100 more swings on it and see if your attitude changes at all. For the price they are selling for its probably better to just keep it.

bigsmooth13

Manager
Well there was someone on here a few days ago selling 3 used, no return, 15 Combats for $65 each. He had a Wanted, Derby Boy, and Portent. 2 of the 3 sold fast.

mihklo

That was also dotd material. The 28 had tracking and the 27 had webbing. Both were wanteds

Hit N Run

No Manches
I tried another round of BP with the wanted and still didn't like it. I sold it to a guy at BP for $100. I might just swing the G3 now **** it. There is no interest in these at all.

mihklo

I'm sure there's interest just not at the price you're lookin to get. When I get mine I'll be happy to get 125$ outta it

bigsmooth13

Manager
That was also dotd material. The 28 had tracking and the 27 had webbing. Both were wanteds

I was just pointing out what was available and what it sold for. Tracking and webbing is common so I don't see that impacting price much. I agree with your $125 price point. I feel that is a fair assessment.

convectuoso

The Veteran
I bought the 15 ASA Portent & DB NIW w/ return for $170 each. Love em both, but sold Portent purely bc of $$ reasons. Tried selling DB but got zero interest even at $150. In short, I've concluded that if you buy Combat, you should plan on keeping til it busts or be willing to sell for dirt cheap, FWIW.

mihklo

I bought the 15 ASA Portent & DB NIW w/ return for $170 each. Love em both, but sold Portent purely bc of $$ reasons. Tried selling DB but got zero interest even at $150. In short, I've concluded that if you buy Combat, you should plan on keeping til it busts or be willing to sell for dirt cheap, FWIW.

That's what I was initially trying to tell the op. The bats are good but the resale isn't.