Possible SBF Slowpitch Pants

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Guys I have 6 pair of sample SBF pants here to send to someone to try out. Who is still playing regularly right now? They are white/black. The side piping is ridiculously wide on them so please ignore that aspect.

The production model will be normal 1/4" piping width.

Just need feedback on quality, comfort, how they wear, and what you would pay for a pair. Looking to get feedback ASAP on them.

Send me a PM if interested in trying a pair.

I have

1-M
1-L
2-XL
2-XXL

They look like they run big.

If you need a waist measurement we can handle Tuesday as I am heading out of office for the day and weekend.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a pair to try out. They're legit!!! I have 10 games played in them now and I like them a lot. Not too heavy and breathe well. Fit true to size and not really baggy. The knees are beefy so they'll last if you slide a lot like I do. Definitely compare well to $40-$50 pants and blow away $20-$25 pants.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
even if the material doesn't rip, I still sometimes get strawberries ... my wife sewed some extra padding into my Boombah pants and it helps a lot

any pics of the knee area of these?

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
even if the material doesn't rip, I still sometimes get strawberries ... my wife sewed some extra padding into my Boombah pants and it helps a lot

any pics of the knee area of these?
I’ll second that, let’s put some actual technology into pants. Double knees like work pants, padding like sliding shorts so I can just wear my tighty whities...lol

Last edited:

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Good feedback so far....for those that get strawberries they do may sliding pads and shorts.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
The knees seem sturdier than the typical double knee. I've been wearing the Worth Toxic pants for a few years and have worn through the knee in every pair by now. They seemed to last and I have nothing but good things to say about the Toxic pants. The knees in the SBF pants are superior to them.

If I had to guess I'd say I've slid in the IF probably 10 times and in the OF grass 5 times in them so far, and there's no sign of wear yet and my leg is fine. No strawberries, rashes, or scrapes.

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
The knees seem sturdier than the typical double knee. I've been wearing the Worth Toxic pants for a few years and have worn through the knee in every pair by now. They seemed to last and I have nothing but good things to say about the Toxic pants. The knees in the SBF pants are superior to them.

If I had to guess I'd say I've slid in the IF probably 10 times and in the OF grass 5 times in them so far, and there's no sign of wear yet and my leg is fine. No strawberries, rashes, or scrapes.
Awesome to hear, I'm not much of a huge slider anymore but always manager to tear my knees up...

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
Good feedback so far....for those that get strawberries they do may sliding pads and shorts.
What are these sliding short you speak of...lol? I wear shorts, it's more the knees that gets me. If I'm gonna wear pants, I don't want my knees torn up.

FranDog33

Coach
getting a little ahead of myself here but:

would it be possible to get a run with a larger cut in the thigh/butt? as a longtime carrier of Catcher's Ass, finding pants that aren't tight in the thigh and caboose area is hard. Boombah had their PS Series which are perfect, but those are not made anymore.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
getting a little ahead of myself here but:

would it be possible to get a run with a larger cut in the thigh/butt? as a longtime carrier of Catcher's Ass, finding pants that aren't tight in the thigh and caboose area is hard. Boombah had their PS Series which are perfect, but those are not made anymore.

Unfortunately in this case being in the minority sucks for you cause it is tough to find 500 other people with the same request.