Possible softball news

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently word is circulating that softball is going to be classified as a contact sport and is subject to opening in phase 3. You can now smash the screen at your leisure, we're getting screwed it sounds like.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I’m in sac area of California, I figure I’m not playing until next spring, already saw someone posted in the Bay Area that they are cancelled until then, and our local governments tend to follow the bay, it’s out of our hands, I miss playing and the camaraderie, but I don’t miss the drama, I needed a break and actually am ok, it has put a lot of my life in perspective and placement of priorities

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m in sac area of California, I figure I’m not playing until next spring, already saw someone posted in the Bay Area that they are cancelled until then, and our local governments tend to follow the bay, it’s out of our hands, I miss playing and the camaraderie, but I don’t miss the drama, I needed a break and actually am ok, it has put a lot of my life in perspective and placement of priorities

California, land of the wokiest woke people in the land:rolleyes:? yea your not seeing any ball for awhile.

Art102489

I'm in Southern California of right now we've been told maybe just maybe if we're luck we might be playing in July sometime but thats a long shot stay safe out there fam

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently word is circulating that softball is going to be classified as a contact sport and is subject to opening in phase 3. You can now smash the screen at your leisure, we're getting screwed it sounds like.

Here in the PNW its a phase 3 activity, not because of contact but because its in the gatherings of 5-50 people catagory. Two leagues have already cancelled the whole year, I have one league that is trying to start middle of June, have a feeling though best case will be sometime in July. Tournaments probably won't happen until a phase 4 deceleration by our governor. Not sure if that will even happen in September.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
To: USSSA Membership

Subject: Essential Steps for Return to Play

With several states easing various restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 virus, it is critical our teams, managers, coaches, directors and events strictly adhere to the new return-to-play models we have established for USSSA-sanctioned events. This is for the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, family members and other supporters, which is our No. 1 priority.

Please click on this link http://usssa.com/coronavirus to review the USSSA return-to-play models for both practices and tournaments. We emphatically stress that these guidelines, procedures and recommendations do not replace or supersede any protocols or restrictions outlined by your state or local authorities. Everyone must continue to follow your local or state guidelines for facilities and events.

Please note that adult players as well as parents/guardians of youth players are now required to sign a new “POST COVID-19 USSSA Waiver.” Details of the waiver – one for adult players and a separate waiver for youth players – may be reviewed at http://usssa.com/coronavirus and the actual signing process is done by logging in to the individual’s guardian or player account on USSSA.com.

This waiver must be signed for any player to be eligible to now participate in USSSA-sanctioned events. Players who do not have a waiver signed (either by themselves for adult players, or by a parent/guardian for youth players) will be moved off of their roster and into a “pending” status. Once the new waiver is signed, the player will be returned to their team’s official playing roster.

COACHES/TEAM MANAGERS: It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that each of your players parent/guardian has signed the waiver to be eligible for your roster otherwise they will remain ineligible to play.

All player eligibility rules will apply to any player who appears in a game but has not yet executed the updated waiver.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please take care.

Donny DeDonatis III

Chief Executive Officer

Hagen49

The tentative start here in Southern Colorado is June 1st. Things are opening up a bit here in CO, so hopefully that's the case. Hopefully the USSSA releases helps move things along.

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga
i can barely tolerate clowns at the park for an hour once or twice a week. can't imagine what it's like being stuck in a house with them for months at time.

The tentative start here in Southern Colorado is June 1st. Things are opening up a bit here in CO, so hopefully that's the case. Hopefully the USSSA releases helps move things along.

officially closed till the end of july in aurora area. not sure about the rest of denver

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Yeah, just got the email from Pleasanton (Bay Area) that fall season is cancelled

Haven’t heard about any tourneys yet

MaverickAH

We can go hang out at Target or Home Depot with hundreds of people, but can't go outside and play softball with 10 guys.. smh

The risk of knowingly exchanging fluids with those hundreds of people at a store is minimal compared the 10 guys you're sitting in a dugout with while sweating, yelling, touching the same ball & equipment or making physical contact with.

I've already lost one of the umpires in my group to the virus & another is recovering from it. My next door neighbor contracted it & recovered. One of my other neighbors, who was one of the nicest persons I've ever known, didn't make it.

The guy who coaches my team just found out that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He wants all of the guys that he's interacted with in over 40 years of coaching to meet with him at the ballfield next week Saturday to say goodbye. Out of respect for him, a lot of guys are going to take the risk & do it. I'm left with a decision because I have primary care for my 101yo mother & I definitely can't afford to bring anything home.

If you want to play that bad, you have your priorities really screwed up. It's not about just you. It's about what you might potentially bring home to your family. That's what you have to consider even if you're not concerned about yourself. Softball can wait...……..

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got home from the grocery, and of the few people that were wearing a mask I'd guess 1/3 had either their mouth or nose out. I don't think they understands the concept.

I'm not optimistic about anything.

ShortYellowBus

I just got home from the grocery, and of the few people that were wearing a mask I'd guess 1/3 had either their mouth or nose out. I don't think they understands the concept.

I'm not optimistic about anything.
Perhaps they have bad breath?

Our local ordinance states masks are mandatory and no entrance to non-mask wearing jack-asses. This includes stores, employees of essential businesses going to work and wherever human decency requires it.

I heard the bars in Colorado were absolutely packed this week. Absolutely standing room only.

Yeah, they’re all going to go home, work and Churches and infect innocent people.

dunkky

if you guys follow the news worldwide. please read what happened in I-tae-won, gay club in s. korea.
it only takes one or two to start the whole thing again.. we need to learn from that, if we don't then we'll repeat the same thing and who knows, there will be no softball for a long period of time and we might have to wear that damn mask and social distancing for not next few month, but a full year until we come up with a vaccine... :(

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until everyone realizes you can get it, and give it to others, before you ever have a single symptom, this is what we're looking at.

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Imo it doesn't help matters when our (leaders) that implement these guidelines do not follow/practice them themselves. Funny how when this crap finally hit close to them all but one are just now starting to wear mask. SMDH!!

Idk monkey see.monkey do.

The idea that grown people think this all a hoax or (i can't get it/i dont have it) is just sad

tonys1

Imo it doesn't help matters when our (leaders) that implement these guidelines do not follow/practice them themselves. Funny how when this crap finally hit close to them all but one are just now starting to wear mask. SMDH!!

Idk monkey see.monkey do.

The idea that grown people think this all a hoax or (i can't get it/i dont have it) is just sad

People should wear masks now?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Perhaps they have bad breath?

Our local ordinance states masks are mandatory and no entrance to non-mask wearing jack-asses. This includes stores, employees of essential businesses going to work and wherever human decency requires it.

I heard the bars in Colorado were absolutely packed this week. Absolutely standing room only.

Yeah, they’re all going to go home, work and Churches and infect innocent people.

Bars in CO are NOT open. I have no clue where you're getting your data.

ShortYellowBus

Bars in CO are NOT open. I have no clue where you're getting your data.
I have a few friends who shared pictures. (Perhaps I overstated the “bars in Colorado”. It’s pictures of a single place only that I saw.)

Everyone gets a chance to make their own choices.

Mumbai India stopped enforcing curfew at night (they stopped patrolling night shifts), so Mumbai comes alive at night. It’s the epicenter of Covid-19 in Asia right now; that’s after two months of having it under control.

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

You can’t fix stupid
SMOKE
People are dumb enough to not vaccinate their children due fears of autism or “micro-chipping” by the government. Or protest in interests that go against their own benefit in belief of some snake oil solution.

However, those people are people we know. We all know someone like that. If it gets too crazy, you just got to be that good friend and shut it down.

Hopefully they can get it right on their own before it gets to that point.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well.. possibly u no who told him to say so now to divert.. again o_O
That was also from March 8, when you couldn't buy toilet paper and people were buying masks healthcare workers needed. He's also warning against people thinking they're a cure or magic barrier.

tonys1

That was also from March 8, when you couldn't buy toilet paper and people were buying masks healthcare workers needed. He's also warning against people thinking they're a cure or magic barrier.

Come on now, it's 2020 - "it's from March 8"... how much did they learn about masks in 45 days that they're now almost mandated? The guy laughed at the idea in March. Host even said, are you sure because everyone is listening.

Redsfan

Problem is there is way too much misinformation. Politicians, doctors, and news sources all seem to not know what the hell is really going on. They flip flop back and forth on what is the right thing to do. So how will we know what is the right thing to do?

Hospitals are being told by the government they will get more funding per the amount of Covid cases they report. They also are told to put the cause of death as Covid as long as you have it in your system. This was told to me by an administrator at a large hospital in Columbus. She told me about a guy that died of a heart attack that they had to put Covid as the cause but he had no symptoms, just the antibodies. So more than likely the true numbers are not what we are seeing on the news. Could be much higher or lower. A very small percentage of people have been tested.

Obviously many of you know people that have got the disease but I personally don't know anybody that has contracted it. None of the people I work with know anyone with Covid. My sister lives in Florida and she doesn't either. You just don't know what to believe and that is the most frustrating part.

C-DAWG25

Problem is there is way too much misinformation. Politicians, doctors, and news sources all seem to not know what the hell is really going on. They flip flop back and forth on what is the right thing to do. So how will we know what is the right thing to do?

Hospitals are being told by the government they will get more funding per the amount of Covid cases they report. They also are told to put the cause of death as Covid as long as you have it in your system. This was told to me by an administrator at a large hospital in Columbus. She told me about a guy that died of a heart attack that they had to put Covid as the cause but he had no symptoms, just the antibodies. So more than likely the true numbers are not what we are seeing on the news. Could be much higher or lower. A very small percentage of people have been tested.

Obviously many of you know people that have got the disease but I personally don't know anybody that has contracted it. None of the people I work with know anyone with Covid. My sister lives in Florida and she doesn't either. You just don't know what to believe and that is the most frustrating part.
YES !! the number had be pumped up and so misleading, also 24 hours a day that is all you hear and watch on TV is the new cases and deaths! The media did a really good job in putting out nothing but lies and fear !