Post ABI ASA endloaded sticks

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Wading through all the ASA threads is nuts. All of them have the same answer: Flex, Extended, AV, Freak98, etc. All Pre-ABI and all expensive!

What about the Post-ABI sticks?

By manufacturer, what are the best ones with an end load?
I prefer shorter break in times because I don't have as much time to hit BP as I used to and refuse to roll. Anything swinging like a DS Plague would be a big plus. 14.5" barrels are out too - don't like how they swing.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
RD28 but that'll put you back some serious coinage too. The only bats I have that are close to the same EL as the DS Plague are an Anti-Virus, Catty and a RD28 (and even those are quite as endloaded). Catty is probably the cheapest of the bunch but takes a LOOOOOONG time to break in.

I dunno about the new COMbats coming out but the One.12 but be your next best bet as it's got some EL to it and it'll break in relatively fast (plus it feels like a one piece).

galoot

Addicted to Softballfans
28oz LS Z1000. Good endload and hits very well right out of the wrapper. It is the only post abi stick I have really liked. It's now my gamer.

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
bro, get yourself an Easton Salvo (aka SRV5). They can be had for under $200 brand new in the wrapper with warranty. it has a nice endload to it and a 12" barrel. it has more of an endload than the bats listed above and breaks in quick and hits the ball extremely well! i know people that are stocking up on them.
i gaurantee you'll be impressed and happy with your purchase.

go to the Easton forum and check them out, there's a decent amount of threads on them

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
bro, get yourself an Easton Salvo (aka SRV5). They can be had for under $200 brand new in the wrapper with warranty. it has a nice endload to it and a 12" barrel. it has more of an endload than the bats listed above and breaks in quick and hits the ball extremely well! i know people that are stocking up on them.

go to the Easton forum and check them out, there's a decent amount of threads on them

No Easton composite is endloaded. None.

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
bull**** on that, compared to all other asa eastons, yes the salvo does have a slight endload to it. not near as endloaded as an RD28 but he's going to pay out his a$$ for one. next to that, i'd say post abi, his best bet would be the salvo with the slight endload and the 12" barrel since he said he didn't like a long barrel.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North

bull**** on that, compared to all other asa eastons, yes the salvo does have a slight endload to it. not near as endloaded as an RD28 but he's going to pay out his a$$ for one. next to that, i'd say post abi, his best bet would be the salvo with the slight endload and the 12" barrel since he said he didn't like a long barrel.

Haha way to contradict yourself and I guarantee the Chaos has more
endload (listed above)

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
No Easton composite is endloaded. None.

I'd have to agree with this. Easton's idea of "endloaded" < Miken's idea of "balanced".

Why not just get one of the more affordable pre-ABI sticks? The Salvo is like the poor man's Synergy Power, so why not just pick up the Power? If you have to have post-ABI, I'll second the above recommendations for any one of the Salvo, Afflicted, and Chaos. Might wanna wait until the new Combats come out, though.

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha way to contradict yourself and I guarantee the Chaos has more
endload (listed above)

It still isn't balanced either way, and I missed the chaos recommendation, my bad :rolleyes:
I've played around with 4 salvos which all surprised me at the amount of endload Easton gave them. And I only swing endloaded bats.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
It still isn't balanced either way, and I missed the chaos recommendation, my bad :rolleyes:
I've played around with 4 salvos which all surprised me at the amount of endload Easton gave them. And I only swing endloaded bats.

So I take it that you NEVER swing that SCX3 in your bag :rolleyes:. Might as well just sell it then :cool:

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
If a $200 dollar F98 is too expensive, what is your price range?

I didn't like the F98 and those take forever to break in. I don't play much ASA - maybe a few times a year and it's not worth spending $200+ on something I'll barely use and will never be broken in. The reason why I mentioned Post-ABI was because they typically break in faster and with a few exceptions, they are cheaper. That and I didn't want everyone saying F98, AV, OG Eastons, Recoil, etc.

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I didn't like the F98 and those take forever to break in. I don't play much ASA - maybe a few times a year and it's not worth spending $200+ on something I'll barely use and will never be broken in. The reason why I mentioned Post-ABI was because they typically break in faster and with a few exceptions, they are cheaper. That and I didn't want everyone saying F98, AV, OG Eastons, Recoil, etc.

If you don't mind a little flex, get yourself a Creature. They have a huge SS, slightly endloaded and cost around $100-115 bucks.

CBOMB

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought Brett Helmers were a had some endload??? And btw the Salvo is the real deal and Pre standards..the NRG 500 Max is an awesome bat with huge sweet spot the can be had for under 200

CBOMB

Addicted to Softballfans
broken in asa Recoil Max can be under 200 and even if she had hundreds of hits you are actually better off cause you'll get it closer to it prime and not have all those dead break-in hits.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like how the NRG swings. The barrel is just too big.
The Salvo sounds interesting. I've always liked the White Steel (though getting the right weight is tricky because they vary so much). Afflicted and Creature sound interesting as well.