Prayers and well wishes etc...Madbeers

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. God bless and please keep us posted on your recovery progress.

M

MJL 00

SOB fella my heart goes out from someone who also has had surgery from injury. Stay strong

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Set up a paypal account so every member on this board can send a measly $5. It would help out greatly.

Cags

Star Player
Update from Facebook

Cade is in recovery! Yay! Surgeon said it was a jigsaw puzzle and was happy he was able to find all the bone pieces that shattered. In order to clean all that up he needed to pull all the skin back from ear to ear over his head to get a better view of everything. Lots of stitches. Lots of screws and plates. He feels pretty confident that we may even check out by tomorrow evening. Only time will tell if his left eye is ok. The double vision may take weeks to months or (fingers crossed) a few days to recover from the trauma. The dr is requesting Cade not have additional visitors today but tomorrow would be just fine. Just pm me to make sure we are still at the hospital and haven't been released. Thank you so much friends!!

Cags

Star Player
No problem. I will probably be going to visit once they get home. I will let him know you all are praying and thinking about him.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
I sent some cash and hope everyone can send a little bit. My wife had a long hospitalization 2 years ago. You would be surprised how quickly those co-payments and deductibles add up.

I will tell you something else. I am ordering a pitching mask/helmet tonight. I had been holding out.
Those pictures were the final straw. I'm notgoing on the mound without one again.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Man - Sorry to hear about this --- I always say that BP is more dangerous than games...

Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family - Hang In There...
- Your job at the moment is a good recovery...

%%%

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Glad to hear the big man is doing well. I don't know him personally, but you can tell from the way that he conducts himself on here that he's a good guy.

What an unfortunate thing! Unaware of how it happened! But get well soon man!!

Was wondering the same thing. I assume he was using a pitching screen, just didn't duck behind it quick enough?

I will tell you something else. I am ordering a pitching mask/helmet tonight. I had been holding out.
Those pictures were the final straw. I'm notgoing on the mound without one again.

I started wearing a mask last year playing infield. I get razzed occasionally, but every time I consider ditching it, I see another pic on here that makes me keep wanting to wear it.

What happened to Cade was awful, but if it convinces some people to mask up and prevents another incident, at least something good can come of it.

swampdonkey1

Star Player
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery! This is a great community of brothers to be apart of, PP sent as well. I'm also planning to buy a couple helmets for our local leagues to encourage others to simply wear them in the extremely unfortunate case that someone is injured doing what they love...

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
I sent some cash and hope everyone can send a little bit. My wife had a long hospitalization 2 years ago. You would be surprised how quickly those co-payments and deductibles add up.

Prayers go out to Cade on a speedy recovery.

And unfortunately and like me, majority of us guys are very stubborn when it comes to stuff like this and it bit me in the a$$ getting hit in the eye by a bad hop with no mask. Luckily for me, no broken bones or even worse, losing sight or my eye all together and just some very bad and ugly bruising that didn't heal up for about 2 months. But the next day I ordered an infield mask and a helmet for when I pitch and I will not step foot on that mound without it anymore.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
What's up fellas!!! (This is wife typing Cade's words) Wanted to come on here first to let you guys know I'm doing great. Seriously, I really am. Lucky, blessed, miraculous... Whichever word you want to use, go for it. If I don't make much sense, it's cause they got me on some heavy narcotics, won't let me sleep much and my eyes are a bit jacked up.

First off, you guys have no idea the amount of love and support I feel from each of you. Prayers, thoughts, concerns, love, monies, etc. I feel all of them. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I normally would have been so scared going into surgery yesterday, but for some reason, I was totally calm. I believe that was from the prayers and love from friends and family. It means so much and I know that I can never pay it back, but I will certainly pay it forward.

So here's what's up with my injury... My nose and forehead have been shattered and something to do with my nasal cavity shattering. Had surgery yesterday. It was planned to be 2 hours and ended up 5. 35 screws, 10 plates and about 100 stitches. My eyes aren't lining up properly but that should come back so it's pretty blurry. Had one set back with some cranial bleeding and swelling but the doctors seem to have it under control. Have no idea when I'll be released but I'll have my wife keep you updated.

Here's how it happened, I was pitching BP, made a poor pitch but I didn't think the batter was going to swing so I took my eye off the batter. When I saw out of the corner of my eye he was swinging, I went to get back behind the screen and didn't make it. Learned from my mistakes. Pretend every pitch is coming back at you so get behind the screen.

Thank you again for the numerous support and love. I will update you soon.