Price Check PC2443

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
I used to play a mean SS...not so much these days. Thinking about selling my old school PC2443. Any ideas on what I should list it for?
37007B72-420B-46C2-BFEC-3775EC4B4C74.jpg

5F4064F5-9397-4D10-AAE5-1B24EB3D4D67.jpg

Last edited:

MaverickAH

The PC2443 was one of the original Vinci Custom Pro's. I really can't get a good read on the glove based on those pics. I will say that based on you being from CA & the probable age of the glove, $150 might be too high. Need to see higher res pics of the pocket w/o the ball & also the inside of the wrist opening to make a better determination.

MaverickAH

Perfect!

That is not a Custom Pro. It's a Vinci Pro from the series that preceded the Vinci Custom Pro's. The emblem in the palm is a dead giveaway! I had forgotten that this was one of the few model #'s that were carried over (with changes) from the Pro Series. This would make the glove in the area of 10 to 12 years old & in pretty damn good shape from the looks of it. Have you used it much?

Vinci Pro's sold for $120 brand new so $150 is out of the question. You're probably looking at about $50-$60 if the glove is in good condition. I'm trying to take into account that you live in a year round softball state where weather conditions can be tough on a glove as well.

At $120 it was easily the equal of the Wilson A2000's & Mizuno Classic Pro's of it's time (all MIJ). Vinci's were mfg'd in Korea at that time. No added palm padding in the pocket is probably the only thing to the negative I can say about the glove. I still use one to this day myself! (JC65)

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
For $50 I'll just keep it. I could swear that I paid more than $120 for it, but I could be wrong. I used it for 2-3 years, then got fat and haven't played middle infield since. I haven't used it in years so thought I'd unload it and buy a new PJV04-L, or possibly a BMB. I may sell my PJV-M instead. This PC2443 took forever to break in, and I mean forever. It's some of the nicest leather I've ever seen.

MaverickAH

Well, I hope that you didn't pay more than $120 for it since that was the retail on them. If memory serves me correctly, dealer cost was $80. This is how I came up with the estimate value I gave based on the perceived condition in the pics.

You'll only find pics of the Custom Pro PC2443 on the web. You can't base value on that as it's a totally different glove. That glove used a better grade of leather with a lot of other improvements.

As I said before, the dead giveaway that yours is a Pro is the eagle emblem in the palm & also the single post web. The Custom Pro version said "Custom Pro" in the pocket & used a Y-I web.

Curious that it took you a long time to break in a glove that should've taken only 2-3 weeks to break in. Very nice leather though. It's definitely a high quality 5oz. steer hide.