pro baseball league

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
If the transactions are going to be reduced then im out. On ESPN you can limit the number of starts per week in H2H matchups and for whatever reason you cant in Yahoo. Most of us experienced last year that we had injured guys in our starting lineups partially because we had no transactions to pick anyone else up.

Joker

If the transactions are going to be reduced then im out. On ESPN you can limit the number of starts per week in H2H matchups and for whatever reason you cant in Yahoo. Most of us experienced last year that we had injured guys in our starting lineups partially because we had no transactions to pick anyone else up.

maybe if you didn't waste them streaming pitchers, you wouldn't have that problem

trip

stfu
well then there's at least two spots available if someone wants to jump in on this. I think it was a $50 entry last year. paid out top four if I recall, winners chopped last year I think.

ssf

Too tired to care
I don't see why anyone would need 4 transactions per week unless your goal is to stream pitchers. 2 is more than enough to deal with injuries.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
if the draft is set in stone for March 28th, I might have to bow out. I'm like 85% sure that I am going to be away that weekend.

Joker

i dealt with plenty of injuries last year and never had a problem with not being able to pick someone up

i'm sure the draft date can be adjusted

ssf

Too tired to care
if the draft is set in stone for March 28th, I might have to bow out. I'm like 85% sure that I am going to be away that weekend.

I don't think it's set in stone. Once we have everyone on board we can work out a day/time that works.

trip

stfu
yeah that draft date was just in there already when I clicked renew the league. I really don't care when it is. and I don't know when the first game is

trip

stfu
I wouldn't object to drafting on the 4th if nobody else has reserves about it. there's always someone who gets hurt towards the tail end of spring training

speedkills8

Starting Player
Hey guys I'd be interested in joining if any spots are open. Would anyone be able to give a quick setting rundown? Just like H2H or roto, # of teams, snake or auction, and 5x5?

trip

stfu
at least two spots open. last year we had 12 people, $50 / head before the draft. someone should be able to copy / paste the scoring and stuff from last year

ssf

Too tired to care
Rules/settings from last year:

Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Mar 16 10:30pm EDT
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 17, 2014
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
Min Innings Pitched: 30
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)
Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 15 to Sep 21

Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Total Bases (TB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

speedkills8

Starting Player
Ok well if you guys decide to let me in, I'd be glad to join. "Rep" or not, I'll pay a couple weeks before the draft if need be. Thanks fellas.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
Te only time I had a problem with transactions was when I played Joker in the semis, I had like 5 guys go down that week one way or the other but I'm fine with it being 2 if that's what everyone wants. I'm also fine with drafting that weekend as long as it isn't Sunday and it doesn't interfere with another draft Friday evening. I'm leaving for Vegas shortly after I get done with Easter stuff with the family. How about that Saturday morning or Thursday night?

trip

stfu
i'd rather do it that Thursday, I want to leave the door open for me to go to seattle for opening day

ssf

Too tired to care
Te only time I had a problem with transactions was when I played Joker in the semis, I had like 5 guys go down that week one way or the other but I'm fine with it being 2 if that's what everyone wants. I'm also fine with drafting that weekend as long as it isn't Sunday and it doesn't interfere with another draft Friday evening. I'm leaving for Vegas shortly after I get done with Easter stuff with the family. How about that Saturday morning or Thursday night?

I have that same draft on Friday so you can bet I won't let them conflict.

2 or 3 transactions is plenty - personally I think 2 is enough but I only had 20 transactions all of last year. There is a risk of being snakebit and having more than 2 guys go down in a given week, but it's a risk everyone has equally. The biggest thing we're trying to avoid is streamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.