Pro Issue Wilson A2k DW5

DFWLoop

You Wilson experts think this is a real pro issue glove as described? The seller is actually in the Dallas area but won't meet to exchange funds and items (previous item not this one). She does have 100% positive feedback for whatever that is worth.

Item #130793564915

Thanks

Loop

10nike

Addicted to Softballfans
"She" is actually a he, his name on here is allprogloves. From what I've read on Wilson pro issues here on the forum, size stamped under the wrist strap along with a white price tag indicate a pro issue, but someone else should be more knowledgeable. There has been some debate on whether he sells spring training or an actual pro issues, and if there's even a difference. I recommend reading this first before bidding. The entire thread, it's long but there is a part in there about his ebay auctions.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1212176

Last edited:

powermatt99

Gloveman
I've never bought from this seller but others have expressed apprehension with the products offered. Brewer's SS Jean Segura used a A2K DW5 in black with those yellow-orange logos so authenticity is not out of the question. It is also entirely possible that since Segura started the season at the AA affiliate of the Angels, he purchased a spring training glove from the Wilson rep during glove day at camp. I don't know what the differences between the spring training gloves and real pro-issue gloves are besides who is paying for them.

DFWLoop

he / her has more supposedly "pro issue" wilson gloves listed. none of them actually look like PI glove... the one on my OG thread has pro stock select.

i asked via PM what proof he had if any that it was a PI and this is what i received in response:

Pro issues do not come with paperwork and yes if you look through the pics you will see the Japan stamp. The way you tell a pro issue from a stock glove is a couple distinguishing things:

(1)- The glove comes with the white pro issue tag.

(2)- It Has "a2k dw5" not a 15 digit model number.

(3)- this glove is not sold online, on the Wilson website or available to the public

what do you wilson experts think about the reponse?

DFWLoop

Question, if it is stamped pro stock select it's a PI?

Thanks guys, wish this kid would meet so I can see these and put one in my hand before buying.