pro's and con's of Monsta Torch bats

Wyobus54

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of the Monsta Torches. Pro's? Con's? I know there are several other bats that are very good. I also know there is personal preferences and everyone swings differently. I guess you could say I am a potential power hitter, yet knowledgeable to spray the ball all around. So I am just curious what everyone thinks of the Torch.

chile

Bad Ape
torches are gtg...but yes, Carl can be exasperating to listen to/read...and pre-ordering can lead to looooong waits (I learned the hard way as well) but if you wait till they're in stock, it's just like ordering any other bat...I received my last couple of orders in a day and a half on bats in stock.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Pros. You can get a wide variety options.
Fallout = little more bal and break in faster.
Mutated = needs 500 + swings to break in.. midload.

All the handles (sf , f , s , ss) and weight options. 25 - 28.

Cons. Weight time and some of the reps take it a little to serious

SwingTheD206

Carl seems to rub people wrong sometimes, but the guy is just very passionate about his product. He says what's on his mind and I can respect that. I've had the opportunity to swing the two bats he's released through A3 (Get Nutz and Chief) and they definitely perform. The only con that I have really heard is wait time.

Wyobus54

I preordered the new blue torch and it has been a good wait. Lol. Is the waiting due to a small company? Or just getting the right product manufactured to the exact specs? I have already bought the DNAM, love it. But I can tell it is more "tankier" (as someone else called it) than what I am used to. But I have used it in BP and hit roughly 350+ft multiple times with it. I was told the torch is not as "tankier" than the DNAM and more "livelier" than the DNAM.. So I am excited to see what the TORCH does.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
You’re better off getting bats off their official Monsta militia b/s/t page. Get your bat in 3-4 days instead of weeks or months.

Projectcam

Like Chile said, if you order a bat that is in “stock” you’ll get it quickly. That was my experience as well. If you order a bat that’s on pre order, don’t be surprised if the date gets pushed back.

Wyobus54

Like Chile said, if you order a bat that is in “stock” you’ll get it quickly. That was my experience as well. If you order a bat that’s on pre order, don’t be surprised if the date gets pushed back.
I agree, I have ordered the DNAM that was in stock and received it very quick, pre-ordered the TORCH and already seen 2-3 different release dates. Lesson learned. I appreciate all of the input. I get the small sweet spot. Thank you. Anything else I need to know?

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Just dealing with “mom n pop” companies has its drawbacks. Just being honest, most of it has to do with them having less money. The wait, the customer service, the warranty situation... that’s just scratching the surface but the money aspect can’t be under emphasized.

The torch bat specifically: many love it. I think it’s slightly ran by hype but it is a very nice bat. I’ve tried many times doing the 25oz thing and it’s just weird to me. I agree with the smaller sweet spot. I prefer the 1piece bmlc, sinister, etc.

chile

Bad Ape
...I’ve tried many times doing the 25oz thing and it’s just weird to me...I prefer the 1piece bmlc, sinister, etc.

I just have ZERO swing discipline with a light bat...I feel like I am trying to demolish the ball with it and that leads to all kinds of wonky sheit with my swing...and yes, BMLC (specifically, the 17 for me) > every other monsta ;)

Wyobus54

Just dealing with “mom n pop” companies has its drawbacks. Just being honest, most of it has to do with them having less money. The wait, the customer service, the warranty situation... that’s just scratching the surface but the money aspect can’t be under emphasized.

The torch bat specifically: many love it. I think it’s slightly ran by hype but it is a very nice bat. I’ve tried many times doing the 25oz thing and it’s just weird to me. I agree with the smaller sweet spot. I prefer the 1piece bmlc, sinister, etc.

The one I preordered is a 27 ounce, which is the normal weight I swing, my DNAM is a 27.5.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i only swing my torch late in the day when i can feel i'm getting tired. otherwise i don't like the 25oz aspect of it.

Dougiefresh612

I'm newish to sbf well I lurk a lot read reviews and whatever. I've read so much trash talk about the owner of Monsta I could care less. I've been swinging Combats DeMarinis Mikens and really liked a variety of those brands. But I swung a Bombardier the other night and I have to say that's one of the best bats, for me anyways, I've swung in a long time. I've swung my buddies Torch a few times and just didn't feel good to me. I'm gonna order one but have they got the shipping figured out? Not looking to get trolled here so the few people that pounce on any opportunity to beat the dead horse can just save it.

chile

Bad Ape
Probably wouldnt use those exact words I described lol but yeah probably the best way to know. Just thought someone might just say yeah you'll be good.

Whatever they say, add 30-60 days... Not trolling, just giving you my experience when buying a new bat that isn't in stock at the time you buy. Otherwise, in-stock bats ship very quickly. I get mine with 2 days of my order...

Dougiefresh612

Whatever they say, add 30-60 days... Not trolling, just giving you my experience when buying a new bat that isn't in stock at the time you buy. Otherwise, in-stock bats ship very quickly. I get mine with 2 days of my order...
Awesome man. Thanks. The one I want is in stock fortunately. Looking at the Zombie 2500 26oz

4xtra

Player/Coach
We had the 16Torch and the 18 model as team bats and they were surprisingly pretty durable.
The 16 Lasted about 2 solid years hitting ONLY 52's (Games and BP) and the coach said that amounted to about 3k+ swings.
I did swing the 16 a couple of times and the 16 had a bigger sweet spot but the 18 did in fact have a much smaller SS.
Actually WAY smaller.
I hit a neck shot with the 16 and the ball still took off pretty good.
Monsta bats do perform very well ....

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
your better off looking locally from a rep who bought 20 of them. my newer torch has about 1000 hits on it and my pinkOG has around 5-6k hits on it. both passed compression last fall and it wasn't even close. played with a guy who had a torch that had no paint left, he estimated 10k hits and still passed compression. for me thats the impressive part of the monsta tech. Carl can be a knob but after i had a flipper fail after 3-400 hits and an est right on the line after a year, i made the switch.

Dougiefresh612

A sub told me his guy can get me one for 250ish but they only 210 on their website. I'm not even sure if his guy has it in hand. If he does then I'll buy it. But if he doesnt have in hand I'll order one and save some money.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I have seen guys buy them NIW with NR for $125 at tournaments many times.
Keep in mind that there are MANY bats other than Monsta that perform just as well if
not better out here, even well broken in older bats other than Monsta that hit 52's very well with
FAR more durability and still pass compression.

Keep your options open but if you are adamant about getting a montsa for under $200
there are plenty of deals on SBF you will find if you look hard enough

Dougiefresh612

Pro: it helps me identify you instantly as a douchebag

Con: you bought a monsta
Damn dude you gonna hold a grudge forever lol. Dont you have anything better to do than to be pissed off at one of your unfortunate interactions with hundreds of thousands of people on this planet?

Dougiefresh612

I have seen guys buy them NIW with NR for $125 at tournaments many times.
Keep in mind that there are MANY bats other than Monsta that perform just as well if
not better out here, even well broken in older bats other than Monsta that hit 52's very well with
FAR more durability and still pass compression.

Keep your options open but if you are adamant about getting a montsa for under $200
there are plenty of deals on SBF you will find if you look hard enough
I hear you dude. I've swung plenty of other bats and all brands out there. This one is a great fit for me. We have all the new Mikens, DeMarinis, Eastons. I still swing Combats because they're a better feel. Trying to find something that feels just as good and I did.