pro's and con's of Monsta Torch bats

lakeyale13

Manager
I don't own a Monsta, don't think I ever will, but the product and marketing must be pretty darn good. Seems as if they are succeeding despite some pretty bad leadership / management / customer service. Seems like things could really go to the next level with the company if things at the top were changed.

And Joker, I love the role you play here. It is quite entertaining. I like to think that somehow your profession is a Kindergarten Teacher or something quite different than your persona on the board.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I don't own a Monsta, don't think I ever will, but the product and marketing must be pretty darn good. Seems as if they are succeeding despite some pretty bad leadership / management / customer service. Seems like things could really go to the next level with the company if things at the top were changed.

And Joker, I love the role you play here. It is quite entertaining. I like to think that somehow your profession is a Kindergarten Teacher or something quite different than your persona on the board.

I have realized a while ago that Joker is really the necessary evil.

Now.....About Monsta,
Here is the issue in regards to the warranty issue.
The average defective rate for bats is around 6-8% and I have been told this DIRECTLY by Easton, Demarini and others.
This is because they all are made in China or some other foreign country,
If you think Im lying why would Monsta post this:
upload_2019-6-16_22-50-47.png
Carl celebrates the Chinese NEW YEAR in the U.S.?
and Carl has an Italian last name? SMH

Butanyways, These American Softball organizations have no control over production quality controls of these foreign entities and because of this fact, you WILL obviously have some issues. (The American companies only send technical specs over and the American companies are really nothing more than a MARKETING organization.that places their logo on a foreign based product)
China is a long ways from here and alot can happen over there and on that trip to the U.S.
High employee turnover and deliberate sabotage (YES, that happens more than you think)
Damaged freight, bad material source, accidents,.....you get the point.
Well the reason for the warranty process is to iron out quality control issues that WILL happen that is out of the hands of Monsta.

Well, when you as a consumer get a defective product,
the seller is suppose to honor a replacement because of this defective product was anticipated.

Carl doesnt seem to understand this. This is all Accounting 101 stuff, nothing complicated at all.
That is, in part, why I have such an issue with the warranty BS.

Bad batches do happen and
I know you guys remember that Louisville Slugger Z2000 Bad QC fiasco as while back.
LS AT LEAST honored the warranty issues and took care of it.
I know because I HAD ONE OF THEM and LS took care of it.
CARL, YOU NEED TO TAKE NOTE......

r8dr_rider

Manufacturers that make you buy a warranty can suck a big one. If you can’t back your product up you ain’t getting my money. Your Monsta ain’t gonna make me the next Helmer. I’ll stick with bats that have warranty and work on my game. FU

tonys1

Just curious, when people buy these new bats that fail compression after like 200 hits, does the replacement bat fix that issue? If not, shouldn't those companies also be the ones that suck a big one?

lakeyale13

Manager
I have realized a while ago that Joker is really the necessary evil.

Now.....About Monsta,
Here is the issue in regards to the warranty issue.
The average defective rate for bats is around 6-8% and I have been told this DIRECTLY by Easton, Demarini and others.
This is because they all are made in China or some other foreign country,
If you think Im lying why would Monsta post this:
View attachment 57702
Carl celebrates the Chinese NEW YEAR in the U.S.?
and Carl has an Italian last name? SMH

Butanyways, These American Softball organizations have no control over production quality controls of these foreign entities and because of this fact, you WILL obviously have some issues. (The American companies only send technical specs over and the American companies are really nothing more than a MARKETING organization.that places their logo on a foreign based product)
China is a long ways from here and alot can happen over there and on that trip to the U.S.
High employee turnover and deliberate sabotage (YES, that happens more than you think)
Damaged freight, bad material source, accidents,.....you get the point.
Well the reason for the warranty process is to iron out quality control issues that WILL happen that is out of the hands of Monsta.

Well, when you as a consumer get a defective product,
the seller is suppose to honor a replacement because of this defective product was anticipated.

Carl doesnt seem to understand this. This is all Accounting 101 stuff, nothing complicated at all.
That is, in part, why I have such an issue with the warranty BS.

Bad batches do happen and
I know you guys remember that Louisville Slugger Z2000 Bad QC fiasco as while back.
LS AT LEAST honored the warranty issues and took care of it.
I know because I HAD ONE OF THEM and LS took care of it.
CARL, YOU NEED TO TAKE NOTE......

Yeah, again, must be one heck of a marketer. I can only think that someone feels "exclusive / special" by getting / swinging a Monsta bat. While they are quality bats (so I have heard) it isn't like they are significantly better than other manufacturers. So why you would buy a bat from a place with poor communication and customer service with no warranty is beside me.

And this is the beauty of a free market system. Eventually, if things don't change, the market will speak and people will buy their stuff from somewhere else.

jhitman

I saw the Monsta Torch in game action yesterday and it seemed like a good bat, but did not standout as any better than any high quality USSSA or ASA bat from what I saw. I think a lot of people get hung up on what "bat is best for the 52's" and I have gotten caught up in that hype from time to time as well. IMO, get a high performance bat that fits your swing and work on technique, bat speed, balance, timing etc. and you will be a successful hitter.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I saw the Monsta Torch in game action yesterday and it seemed like a good bat, but did not standout as any better than any high quality USSSA or ASA bat from what I saw. I think a lot of people get hung up on what "bat is best for the 52's" and I have gotten caught up in that hype from time to time as well. IMO, get a high performance bat that fits your swing and work on technique, bat speed, balance, timing etc. and you will be a successful hitter.

I absolutely agree and I have been gaming older or unpopular bats recently just to prove a point to some guys I play with
who are completely convinced that you MUST swing a Monsta, Anarchy or whatever bat that is "trending" on FB.

I play and/or sub on 3 ASA teams and had a Utrip tournament this past weekend
and this past month I have gamed:

Mizuno Wrath ASA (Hits 52's surprisingly very well, great bat for leather 52's)
Mizuno Craze ASA (I finally got this well broken in and it actually performs well) - Got these from "Arthritis" AKA GTG
Mizuno Blackout (At 1200 swings, this bat is hanging with the 19 action out here and is FAR more durable)
Louisville Slugger Z4000 End Load Dual action (Kills 44's and that 52 Leather Thunder ZN)
Easton USL4 ASA
Easton Ronin - TCT - ASA/USSSA (Extremely hot at 2100 swings and has a VERY large SS now)
19Demarini Juggy ASA (Super hot at 700 swings and right at the pass/fail line)
Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA Carbon (Unreal AF at 200 swings)
18Demarini DB44 USSSA - unreal AF and on fire at 700 swings and smashes TWMcCoy's favorite ball........the classic M

And I ALWAYS hear people say "I never seen anyone swing THOSE bats! Can I try them?"

At the 40+ game,
we hit 44's and everyone really liked the Ronin and we scored more points this past week than we did all year

Last edited:

Normy

I absolutely agree and I have been gaming older or unpopular bats recently just to prove a point to some guys I play with
who are completely convinced that you MUST swing a Monsta, Anarchy or whatever bat that is "trending" on FB.

I play and/or sub on 3 ASA teams and had a Utrip tournament this past weekend
and this past month I have gamed:

Mizuno Wrath ASA (Hits 52's surprisingly very well, great bat for leather 52's)
Mizuno Craze ASA (I finally got this well broken in and it actually performs well) - Got these from "Arthritis" AKA GTG
Mizuno Blackout (At 1200 swings, this bat is hanging with the 19 action out here and is FAR more durable)
Louisville Slugger Z4000 End Load Dual action (Kills 44's and that 52 Leather Thunder ZN)
Easton USL4 ASA
Easton Ronin ASA/USSSA (Extremely hot at 2100 swings and has a VERY large SS now)
19Demarini Juggy (Super hot at 700 swings and right at the pass/fail line)
Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA Carbon (Unreal AF at 200 swings)
Demarini DB44 USSSA - unreal AF and on fire at 700 swings and smashes TWMcCoy's favorite ball........the classic M

And I ALWAYS hear people say "I never seen anyone swing THOSE bats! Can I try them?"

At the 40+ game,
we hit 44's and everyone really liked the Ronin and we scored more points this past week than we did
all year
Roger that! A guy on our team who's a Monsta fan used my well broken in 2016 DBA during practice and came up to me afterwards and said "dang, that's a nice stick!". I replied "well yeah..." May have to add a Blackout or Ronin to the mix just to mess with em some more.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
basically they are jerking each other off

Fixed.

Just curious, when people buy these new bats that fail compression after like 200 hits, does the replacement bat fix that issue? If not, shouldn't those companies also be the ones that suck a big one?

Any reputable bat company will replace a bat that fails compression within the warranty period. You're on your own when the replacement fails, but nobody is forcing anybody to buy fragile bats; the market dictates the product and people want hotter faster over durability.

May have to add a Blackout or Ronin to the mix just to mess with em some more.

Get a Blackout, invest the time required to break it in fully (2000+ hits), and never look back.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll give them this, Monsta has pretty cool graphics compared to others. Anarchy needs to step it up, their graphics are all text.

dunkky

Carl and his facebook army today.

upload_2019-6-18_13-51-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-18_13-48-18.png
    upload_2019-6-18_13-48-18.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 12

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
As i said, today's bats are all so ridiculous, for me its the reliability when it came to testing. Thats, I believe, why they are growing in popularity. His FIB tech is pretty good performance wise (everyone else has basically copied it in some way) and i feel the monsta bats are more reliable on a tester (see above having demo and worth's fail way earlier than i feel they should of)

I probably have tons of products in my home that i use regularly that came from companies who's owners are complete morons. I could give a ****. I have not had to deal with them...just like I haven't had to deal with Carl.

i'm not bothered by his warranty methodology (buy one if you want) and i know that he is kind of a stickler on the warranty to the point of ridiculousness and even to the point where he's a pompous ass, but I also realize we softballers have made a pretty good mockery of the warranty process in the softball world. its the only sport that i participate in that has an equipment warranty where we rush to make use of it before the warranty period is up. I know guys who have been denied monsta warranties that complained about it while knowing full well we hit non lc balls and blue dots with it. How he can tell? IMO no way to but he's right in many instances.

I'm a near 40 year old has been who is well beyond being cool in softball. i wear seed company hats with curved brims, regular ole work shirts, and shorts. I just was tired of having bats fail compression. and these are the bats that don't. i could probably find other brands that don't either but who cares at this point.

WarHorse

Star Player
Monstas are the hottest and tankiest bats on the market
AND
Carl is a ****
BUT
He does quite a bit for charity, too.

Honestly if Monsta made heavy bats again they'd be even better, and some of the new bats are total duds (looking at you, Adversity). But otherwise Monsta bats have been super reliable, and very hot once fully broken in. Whatever they say the break in time is, multiply that by 4.

Wilson's lawsuit is entirely frivolous as well. It's a dirty swipe. Flexy handles and endcap designs aren't a patent right, that's like saying you own a patent on the density of carbon fiber and alloys used in production. After this lawsuit I will never own a Demarini/Wilson product again. And that's not because I like Monsta, it's because I entirely dislike strong-arm shady business practices meant to annihilate the competition.

Projectcam

Monstas are the hottest and tankiest bats on the market
AND
Carl is a ****
BUT
He does quite a bit for charity, too.

Honestly if Monsta made heavy bats again they'd be even better, and some of the new bats are total duds (looking at you, Adversity). But otherwise Monsta bats have been super reliable, and very hot once fully broken in. Whatever they say the break in time is, multiply that by 4.

Wilson's lawsuit is entirely frivolous as well. It's a dirty swipe. Flexy handles and endcap designs aren't a patent right, that's like saying you own a patent on the density of carbon fiber and alloys used in production. After this lawsuit I will never own a Demarini/Wilson product again. And that's not because I like Monsta, it's because I entirely dislike strong-arm shady business practices meant to annihilate the competition.
I agree.. I just see a big corporation trying to bully a small business. It happens way more often then people think. My personal experience with Monsta has been good so I can’t speak to the stuff that has happened to others in here. I own a small business so I empathize with Monsta on this one. If his barrel tech was to similar to anything on the market that was already patented he would have been denied a patent himself. It’s going to cost him an arm and a leg in court fees to free himself and that’s how cases like these cripple small businesses.

jhitman

Swung a Monsta bat for the first time this past weekend with the 52's. It was the Zombie bat. Loved the sound coming off the bat. It felt a lot like the red Voltage to me.