Punk thief!

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Had my house broken into this last weekend while my wife and I were at the hospital with my sister inlaw.(she had a baby) I had been shooting the morning before and had my guns out of the safe so you can imagine he took all of those, including a Benelli SBE2. Wife's jewelry, basically all of our electronics, and then he did the unthinkable! Took my roller bag with everything in it. The cops have a couple good leads, and my homeowners covers my entire loss with the exception of my deductible. I'm just pissed off and feel creeped out by the idea that some guy I don't know broke in my place and rummaged through my ****! So for all you guys that have had your stuff stolen in the past... I feel you now!

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
being stolen from makes you feel so violated. I've had a car broken into and during college my home was broken into 4 times. The last 2 times the company renting us the house had to pay up because they didn't make repairs to the home in time.

dblemup

Addicted to Softballfans
Had my house broken into this last weekend while my wife and I were at the hospital with my sister inlaw.(she had a baby) I had been shooting the morning before and had my guns out of the safe so you can imagine he took all of those, including a Benelli SBE2. Wife's jewelry, basically all of our electronics, and then he did the unthinkable! Took my roller bag with everything in it. The cops have a couple good leads, and my homeowners covers my entire loss with the exception of my deductible. I'm just pissed off and feel creeped out by the idea that some guy I don't know broke in my place and rummaged through my ****! So for all you guys that have had your stuff stolen in the past... I feel you now!

How do you know that you don't know him?

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Somebody busted my window out in front of the bar by my old fields last year, took my bag and my disc golf bag. My renter's insurance actually covered it (minus the deductible), but my favorite bag I've ever owned (Kelley backpack) is no longer in production so I had to switch :mad:

null_zps6a730660.jpg

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Karma works both ways man... My insurance company has been very helpful through all of this. No need to make a fraudulent claim.

The adjuster I worked with actually went and got NIW prices on all new versions of my bats, I was shocked. I ended up with nicer sticks than before I got robbed :D

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Same kinda thing here... The adjuster I'm workin with (woman) plays 3 nights a week. She was doing what Che could within her limitations to help me out.

usmcluberti

Banned User
I doubt they can judge fair market value so they would almost have to find a definite price...which would be retail :)

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
on the bright side just by looking at your sig they didn't get much value softball wise :eek:

being serious tho - i would go to your local p i a s and give them a list of your stuff so if it comes in they can contact you/police...also watch CL

GL finding the crook bro that must suck

vstar1100

Im quick for a fat guy
good news you get all new bats... start looking at local pawn shops for your bats they WILL show up

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
I downloaded an app that does CL searches every day for the items I input in it, so I had my own personal look-out for someone trying to sell my ****. To no avail though. I'd have seen my stuff if someone at my park had done it, so what really irks me is it was probably some crackhead who pawned $3k worth of equipment for $50 to get a couple rocks...

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
on the bright side just by looking at your sig they didn't get much value softball wise :eek:
Haven't updated my sig in a while... That's like half of what got bat wise... It does suck having to break in a new glove a turfs, on the bright side new bats these days are almost gamer in the wrapper.

dam, an SBE2? Was it camo?
Yes if you can't tell my my Avy I'm a big waterfowl hunter! It was in ADV Max4.

Damn, so the Vinci I sold you is gone?
I have never owned a Vinci not bought one from you... Must be thinking of someone different.

dont sound like a quick hit, took time to get all the choice stuff. almost always an inside job of some kind. something said about the birth, overheard by the wrong person. kind of like checking the obits then hitting the next of kin. that sucks bro, sorry.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a really solid idea of who it is.... Funny how I have lived on this street all my life and nobody has ever had a problem and when some trash moved in down the street 3-4 people get broken in.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
They probably took your roller bag to haul the jewels and guns...!

My house has been robbed a couple of times, crazy thing is they took all kinds of ****, shoes, clothes they even stole the iron... But I had my bats in the closet and my bat bag in there also, they just moved that stuff out the way to look around it... Guess I got lucky?

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
They probably took your roller bag to haul the jewels and guns...!

My house has been robbed a couple of times, crazy thing is they took all kinds of ****, shoes, clothes they even stole the iron... But I had my bats in the closet and my bat bag in there also, they just moved that stuff out the way to look around it... Guess I got lucky?

I'd say most people who don't play don't know how much this stuff is worth. You lucked out your robbers were dip****s (shocker - they're criminals) :D

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I doubt they can judge fair market value so they would almost have to find a definite price...which would be retail :)

It's usually not fair market value, it's usually "replacement cost." So yeah, it'd probably be retail.

Your gun rider usually is capped at around $10,000 or 10% of the house's contents, but it can be increased, depending on your coverage. That's how it is here in NC, and I know the OP is in Ohio. But still... There are often caps. For all you gun owners out there, you may want to reevaluate how much it would cost to replace all of your firearms.

My wife used to work for Nationwide, and she and I went through all of this when we bought our house. I've got a few rifles and pistols myself.

Capnsavem

Starting Player
hopefully the bastard accidentally shoots himself in the face with one of the guns he stole from you.

justice.