Punk thief!

Rounding3rd

Part Time Player
Just wanted to pass some info on to you guys. I am a detective here in Memphis, Tn and I do work property crimes however if you live in a neighborhood usually the responsible party lives close by I would say 60-70% of the time maybe 75% which most of your daytime burglaries are between 9am - 2pm. When it comes to night time burglaries the responsible party really lives close to you 75% - 85% of the time cause they are usually the ones who see you leave and they know nobody is home. Also majority of home burglaries at night when someone is home is usually drug and/or money related. So just a few tips for securing your home are #1 security doors (suspects hate when there is something else in the way since they just can't kick the door) #2 fence with a lock on the gate (if the suspect wants to go to the back and break in now he has to deal with that so why not just go to a house without a fence much easier) #3 security system ( don't think just cause you have an alarm doesn't always mean they will run off when it sounds, remember it only takes 1 to 2 minutes to get a lot of things including tv's these days cause they don't weigh nothing these days) #4 cameras (good to have just make sure you put them in a good spot where it gets a facial shot of the suspect and make sure you point 1 towards the driveway in case they back up now maybe you have a tag shot) if they should nose in you should get a good description of the vehicle) #5 trail cams / deer cameras ( you can really get good ones these days and it will save you a lot of money...suspects don't pay attention to trees and I've seen some great pictures these things take also if you have a fence to too far from your back door attach it to your fence..remember when placing it in your tree put it at least 8 to 9 feet or whatever you feel comfortable with the best thing to do when buying one read the reviews it will help you in the long run. Another thing to remember as we all were growing up mom, dad, teachers have said if your gut tells you your right chances are you are so if you suspect someone go with your gut feeling and let law enforcement know. Always write down serial numbers and put them in a safe place , if doesnt have one write down make / model and engrave something on it where only you know where it is (like initials or something) that way if it gets pawned or law enforcement were to come across it hopefully they can link it back to you. Hope some of this may help you in the future. Stay safe & swing for the fence !

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
images

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to pass some info on to you guys. I am a detective here in Memphis, Tn and I do work property crimes however if you live in a neighborhood usually the responsible party lives close by I would say 60-70% of the time maybe 75% which most of your daytime burglaries are between 9am - 2pm. When it comes to night time burglaries the responsible party really lives close to you 75% - 85% of the time cause they are usually the ones who see you leave and they know nobody is home. Also majority of home burglaries at night when someone is home is usually drug and/or money related. So just a few tips for securing your home are #1 security doors (suspects hate when there is something else in the way since they just can't kick the door) #2 fence with a lock on the gate (if the suspect wants to go to the back and break in now he has to deal with that so why not just go to a house without a fence much easier) #3 security system ( don't think just cause you have an alarm doesn't always mean they will run off when it sounds, remember it only takes 1 to 2 minutes to get a lot of things including tv's these days cause they don't weigh nothing these days) #4 cameras (good to have just make sure you put them in a good spot where it gets a facial shot of the suspect and make sure you point 1 towards the driveway in case they back up now maybe you have a tag shot) if they should nose in you should get a good description of the vehicle) #5 trail cams / deer cameras ( you can really get good ones these days and it will save you a lot of money...suspects don't pay attention to trees and I've seen some great pictures these things take also if you have a fence to too far from your back door attach it to your fence..remember when placing it in your tree put it at least 8 to 9 feet or whatever you feel comfortable with the best thing to do when buying one read the reviews it will help you in the long run. Another thing to remember as we all were growing up mom, dad, teachers have said if your gut tells you your right chances are you are so if you suspect someone go with your gut feeling and let law enforcement know. Always write down serial numbers and put them in a safe place , if doesnt have one write down make / model and engrave something on it where only you know where it is (like initials or something) that way if it gets pawned or law enforcement were to come across it hopefully they can link it back to you. Hope some of this may help you in the future. Stay safe & swing for the fence !

Crazy you posted this.

I was going to type that it was someone that OP knows or have seen. It was not random at all.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Lucky you're not in Commiefornia, they were trying to pass a law or maybe they did, making it a crime if your guns are stolen and they weren't locked up in a safe.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Make sure you invest in a home security systems or a pit bull.

Home Security systems are better because they have them available in smaller versions now that are harder to notice.. where intruders trip silent alarms and get surprised by the law.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Lucky you're not in Commiefornia, they were trying to pass a law or maybe they did, making it a crime if your guns are stolen and they weren't locked up in a safe.

I'm no gun advocate or anything, but that law is ridiculous. I can't imagine how blanket laws like that benefit anyone.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip

This makes me none, all my guns have no serial number and not registered :D

Last edited:

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
They arrested the guy yesterday on other charges.. The detectives are goin to interrogate him pretty heavily and see if they get the slam dunk on this guy. I have followed the protocol of my side of it exactly as I should. I highly doubt I'm goin to get my stuff back, but I'm ok with that if somehow this guy gets put behind bars for a while. I pay an insurance premium for a reason, and it doesn't matter where you live or what social class you are, it could happen to anyone. Thanks for the post, I will keep you guys updated.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
They arrested the guy yesterday on other charges.. The detectives are goin to interrogate him pretty heavily and see if they get the slam dunk on this guy. I have followed the protocol of my side of it exactly as I should. I highly doubt I'm goin to get my stuff back, but I'm ok with that if somehow this guy gets put behind bars for a while. I pay an insurance premium for a reason, and it doesn't matter where you live or what social class you are, it could happen to anyone. Thanks for the post, I will keep you guys updated.

Hoping your stuff turns up. Just had a bat stolen (I know...nothing compared to your circumstances) and I felt violated more than I was upset about the replacement cost. Stay safe...and I must admit, a growling dog scares the crap out of me no matter what the circumstances are. We have a yard in our neighborhood with two insane dogs in the back yard. It's legendary...and quite secure.

Hope this is the guy and this turns him in the right direction.

whitaker201

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to hear about the break-in. Hope the guy they arrested did it and you get any of the sentimental stuff back.

kampy

Addicted to Softballfans
Pit Bulls dont always work. Mine (Miller) would stare at you from the top of the steps waiting for you to come upstairs and play with him.

Make sure you invest in a home security systems or a pit bull.

Last edited:

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Pit Bulls dont work...I have one of those and anyone could walk in my house with no problems.

Kampy this needs to be kept on the DL, punks that are looking to break into a house will see a pit bull in the window and will pass on that house.

kampy

Addicted to Softballfans
I changed it up a little. I've only seen him get pissed one time in 13 years and that when he was 2. A drunk guy came to my house calling me out because I was banging his girl. Well he got a scare when my dog almost when throught the class door to get at him. Miller sat at the door for like 2 hours waiting for him to come back.

I dont have pics this was 11 years ago and yes this is a partial brag post.

Kampy this needs to be kept on the DL, punks that are looking to break into a house will see a pit bull in the window and will pass on that house.