Pure Sports Bats

Country469

Sponsoring a conference team

No end cap on the bats

USSSA apparoved

anyone not affiliated with the company or conference team hit one?

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
a bunch of people have hit them. Shaw had them at a bat provided HR derby during the summer. Also 2 weeks ago in Lexington during the unlimited HR charity tournament there was an empty field where a bunch of guys took a few rounds of bp with Robo's 2017 nighthawk, and the Pure Sports Integrity.

Country469

is there any kind of distribution other than reps Cliff? I'd like to try one but not being on the circuit anymore means I'd have to drive a ways......

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
they are not available yet. even the conference team players cant get them yet. from what i have read there has been some back and forth with the USSSA testing people. They were supposed to be available to purchase early december, im hearing now early January. i honestly expected there to be issues. this is a new company with a new product. there are going to be problems. The bat itself is hot... to hot. Talk to Juice Spartacus, he hit it 2 weeks ago. all he could say was there is no way that bat passes the USSSA test.

Country469

You can end load a bat easier without an end cap IMO

and the bat's name is integrity I believe as well, cuz the cheaters can't swing this stick. Interesting concept, I hope it takes off.

Country469

you could still roll it

Maybe....... an all composite bat with no end cap being rolled may deform around the end though? Interesting idea, but with bat testing at most credible tournaments now even a rolled bat isn't gonna be too effective long.

TRaj2327

I'd imagine you could still roll it along the sweetspot and stay away from the end. Cheating can and never will be 100% eliminated. A local guy here is playing for the conference team. I should ask if he's received his yet.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Shaw had a bat demo day on 12/26. He had 5-6 bats. I hit one that was weighted 26.3... Pretty good pop, similar feel to my 26.5 Watermelon

SFballer2

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit at the demo (12/26), and hit one prior with one of the reps. They feel good. The one we hit before the demo was really hot and ball jumped off the bat. That bat busted prior to the demo though. As with all bats, they take a few swing to really open up but for a one piece bat they feel good, swing very balanced. Will have options for weight sizes from 26-30 oz including 1/2oz sizes. Not sure of EL options.
Considering the demo we had, and busted 5 bats (between 18 guys basically HR derby swinging) I would definitely get the optional 5 warranty.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I seem to recall some metal alloy bats made without end caps. I know of no one still making them like that . What is the advantage of making a closed end bat?

wcuranger

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit a well broken in Pure (demo) yesterday. was told it had 500+ swings on it. Sound was ridiculous. Very noticable loud crack sound. The speed at which the ball was coming off the bat was nasty. This was a demo, no stamps yet. Durability was there cause we were hitting everything with it, including 400's and 575's.

Athon08

Addicted to Softballfans
No affiliation with any Pure team or rep. Just got done hitting the Pure bat. We were hitting NSA 52/275s. 68° weather and we were hitting on a 320ft field and balls were flying out. Both bats had about 200-250 swings

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
im a rep for Pure Sports tech.. the bat got resent back to utrip after being approved the first time and then required to adjust things.. they are just now starting to roll the finished product out to conference players.. then us the reps should have them in a week or 2..

MaverickAH

I seem to recall some metal alloy bats made without end caps. I know of no one still making them like that . What is the advantage of making a closed end bat?

"......seem to recall....."???!!!! o_O You're an old fart!:p You know damn well that you use to use metal alloy bats with rolled ends! I know that I did! :D

Can't be shaved

All I'm going to say is, "Where there's a will, there's a way".

BTW......... Does anyone remember the 1st composite bat w/o an endcap?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
"......seem to recall....."???!!!! o_O You're an old fart!:p You know damn well that you use to use metal alloy bats with rolled ends! I know that I did! :D

Your older than me Mav, LOL. I was outa softball from 1979 till about 1993 or so...

All I'm going to say is, "Where there's a will, there's a way".

ABSOLUTLY

BTW......... Does anyone remember the 1st composite bat w/o an endcap?

When I came back I first used a TPS Air Attack 2. I remember buying a new Techzilla, then a Rocketech. Soon after the OG Freak cam out, lights out......

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
You can end load a bat easier without an end cap IMO
I wish Mizuno had done that. My biggest complaint with the No Doubt is that the 28 oz feels like a 26.
and the bat's name is integrity I believe as well, cuz the cheaters can't swing this stick. Interesting concept, I hope it takes off.
I think Mizuno started it with the No Doubt. At least they're the first I'd heard of.

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
the release date is looking like April 17th for these bats. Currently a rough estimate but thats what I'm hearing from them.