Question on freak black maxload senior

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
I'm not a senior but am playing in an open bat league. I swing a 2015 freak black in usssa. I've put about 30 off a tee with my new senior black. I don't notice that it's hotter than my utrip one. Do they take awhile to break in? Is the performance difference very small?

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
Im not sure about the senior black but i have seen quite a few of the newer ultras in action. The ultras are very hot but needed a small break in time to get there.

I use several of the usssa 1.20 freak blacks and noticed a difference when swinging a senior ultra 1.21 maxload.

I think when you get to 150 swings on your senior black it will open up.

Hope this helped some.

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
If your expecting this huge difference in distance...AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

The BPF numbers on the bat indicate that the difference is only 1% between Senior and U trip bats. Tested and certified by associations and manufacturers.

Good News: You will notice the Senior bat will be more forgiving to miss hit balls due to a larger sweet spot!
Bad News: The life span of senior bats is shorter!

Last edited:

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm on my 3rd 2015 Miken Freak Black Senior bat. I love this bat and I love the one year warranty. It takes me about 500 swings to get this bat game ready. There are many senior bat models that will get hot quicker but they also only last a short time. The Freak Black SSUSA when broke in is a legit performer. Don't give up on it. Hit it often and it should come around.

The Miken Freak Black USSSA is my gamer for league play and when playing with the kids. My 2015 model hit just as good as my SSUSA model. It finally cracked in Mar and Miken sent me the 2016 Freak Black USSSA and it is very hot. I would hit either model in a Senior event!

Hope this helps.