Questions for DC41 fans

theripper

Addicted to Softballfans
What model year is the hottest in your opinion? I've swung every model year except the '18...not liking this years. I'm considering getting last years orange model. How does it compare to the other years?

Thanks in advance.

wcoastsoftball

I have swung most years from the beginning one pieces. Obviously the OG red knob 2 piece is the go to for most, in terms of "hottest". But I feel as with most current bats, you can't go wrong with any year. I have this years model and while not broken in, still think it has as much potential as anything on the market. I believe the last 2 or 3 releases have been just repaints? Give it more swings and see.

jhitman

I have 2 orange DC41's USSSA ones and they are great. I still think the white one with the red (big) knob performed the best overall.

THESHOE

Starting Player
They've all been pretty damn good.

Personally, I had the best run with the Digi Camo 2016. Mostly because it came softest out of wrap and hit 52cor well without much break in for me. Much softer than 2015s were.

Honestly though, they are all good.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They've all been pretty damn good.

Personally, I had the best run with the Digi Camo 2016. Mostly because it came softest out of wrap and hit 52cor well without much break in for me. Much softer than 2015s were.

Honestly though, they are all good.

This is the model DC41 I own, and its a freaking lightning rod. That bat will put any ball out in any sort of nasty weather conditions, headwinds, or humidity.

Very endloaded and it mutilates any ball out there.

I haven't swung the orange DC as much, but its also plenty hot.

JN137

My first DC was the 2017 model (Black/Highlighter DigiCamo) and loved it. Like mentioned before, it felt soft almost immediately out of the wrapper. I also have the new 19 model. I know most of the bats are considered RePaints from year to year but the 2019 model definitely feels stiffer out of the wrapper to me. It feels like it has the potential to match the 17s performance, but just might take a bit longer to get there.

That being said, a friend of mine has the 2018 Orange model, and last year said it just barely passed testing almost immediately after opening it. (USSSA on all of these btw). Probably can't go wrong with any of them, pick your favorite paint scheme lol

jhitman

Also the Camo and all DC41's are tanks IMO. I have close to 5,000 hits on my Camo and it has a small crack now, but still is hitting the ball really well. I have hit this thing in 25 degree temps and basically abused it for 3 years now and it's still going strong. Unless some great new bat comes on the market that crushes the 52's because of some new technology, I will always be a DC41 guy.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Precisely. If the feel of the bat suits you. Can't go wrong with any of the ones made in the last 5 seasons since they've gone to the 2pc.

They perform well once worked in. They last if not abused (hit 40's and 52's in BP - Anything harder after the initial 100 cuts and bat is woke is just really abusing the bat's lifetime IMO.)

all DC41's are tanks IMO.

jhitman

Precisely. If the feel of the bat suits you. Can't go wrong with any of the ones made in the last 5 seasons since they've gone to the 2pc.

They perform well once worked in. They last if not abused (hit 40's and 52's in BP - Anything harder after the initial 100 cuts and bat is woke is just really abusing the bat's lifetime IMO.)

I hear you on the abusing part, but it's basically my BP bat. I don't want to use my newer DC41's for BP just for games so I can keep them for a good long time. I should have probably picked up a cheap used bat for BP.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That or BP 52cor balls and save the abuse.

Seems to work well for us here to hit 52s that we game for BP.

Initial hits into the bats it's nice to pound them with 40/44 a little to wake em up. But north of 100 cuts or so (or even less on some Demarini and Pure bats etc) we hit the 52s only and our bats actually last after.

Finding a cheap DC shouldn't be an issue.

I hear you on the abusing part, but it's basically my BP bat. I don't want to use my newer DC41's for BP just for games so I can keep them for a good long time. I should have probably picked up a cheap used bat for BP.

Hurk

Star Player
I've swung every DC41 from the OG to now...

2015 - The OG Black DC41 - Amazing bat, and mashes any ball once worked in.
2016 - The DigiCamo - Amazing bat, was softer and it turned a lot of people off of it - but still mashed any ball once worked in.
2017 - The Black Neon writing - Amazing bat - was decent out of the wrapper but also mashed any ball once worked in.
2018 - The Red/Orange - Another amazing bat, was closer to the OG Black, but worked in quicker and once again... mashed any ball once worked in.
2019 - The ... ugly one? I don't like the paint scheme. It feels similar to last years model. I have about 100-150 cuts with it and while the Miken ping is still there, it's hitting the ball really really well. I can't wait to see this thing opened up.

So what's the answer? They all mash. They're all awesome and you can't go wrong with any of them. I still have the '15 and 19' in my bag.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
Hurk you missed a year since the white were the originals... I prefer the non matte finished years ... but they were all great and all swung the same ... anyone that tells you differently it was just variation from bat to bat not year to year.

y@k

I'm not a fan of long barrels at all, but I do have a 19 dc41, and it's straight gas. It has about 350 cuts on it, and no **** has passed my 18 blueline in performance. I just got a super freak highlighter (orange), and I hope it stacks up in performance vs the dc41.