Rain, Rain Go Away

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't play against this team, and you know I personally know about twelve people around here, but I was told this e team picked up two c players. There were at least two gsl d teams in the d. I know the playing up one level is kind of an unwritten rule, but I'm sure you see what I mean. Of course, I pitched against the d team we played and we won because of it.:rolleyes:

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
I didn't play against this team, and you know I personally know about twelve people around here, but I was told this e team picked up two c players. There were at least two gsl d teams in the d. I know the playing up one level is kind of an unwritten rule, but I'm sure you see what I mean. Of course, I pitched against the d team we played and we won because of it.:rolleyes:
Cry post turned brag post. Well done

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
14e368915c91830c2abd401085e095ce.1000x1000x1.jpg

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
Gotta love coming home to 6 kids laying all over the living room like wtf, going to be another fun day. Only thing i hate about baseball season 2-3 kids from each age group staying over multiple days. Brownings grandson has been here about all break, Good kid but I can't wait til break is over for myself

Stengy

Taste Tester
I don't think picking up players for the Metro is in any way "cheating", as long as it's within the rules.
Old guy story...
Back in the day you played Metro with your league team. Maybe you added a guy or 2 from your league, MAYBE. But then even the best teams in the city played a league together. Now the Metro is about assembling an all star team from the area. Outside the METRO area even.

foxx14

metro sanctioning is all kinds of ****ed up. they should go back to numbers, as the levels aren't equivalent to anything
Take the number or letter away out of the equation this past metro, I think most (if not all) were playing teams that they should be playing or teams they normally play against. Coming from a guy who went 0-2 in the "B".

Jackson21

Old guy story...
Back in the day you played Metro with your league team. Maybe you added a guy or 2 from your league, MAYBE. But then even the best teams in the city played a league together. Now the Metro is about assembling an all star team from the area. Outside the METRO area even.
I said the same thing the other day. It was a League Team Tournament. But since leagues don't require rosters anymore then it's not policed.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Since when can Columbus and northern Ohio teams/players come down and win the Cincy Metro tournament?

Oh...right.

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Take the number or letter away out of the equation this past metro, I think most (if not all) were playing teams that they should be playing or teams they normally play against. Coming from a guy who went 0-2 in the "B".
I agree, other than a couple of teams that were inadvertently misclassified... My biggest complaint was that since they added the "A" division, most teams are now classified 2 classes higher than they play on weekends instead of the 1 that has been in the past for the most part, but they didn't adjust the home runs accordingly. Example: instead of the 0 or 1 that E teams are used to playing with, we were now playing with 4.

foxx14

I agree, other than a couple of teams that were inadvertently misclassified... My biggest complaint was that since they added the "A" division, most teams are now classified 2 classes higher than they play on weekends instead of the 1 that has been in the past for the most part, but they didn't adjust the home runs accordingly. Example: instead of the 0 or 1 that E teams are used to playing with, we were now playing with 4.
That was a little weird. I bet the majority of teams liked playing with more home runs though. Not you guys, you guys can score 20 with no home runs. The only team I thought was incorrectly classified was Jawn OR All Hustle. They're either both A or both B. And IMO, if you're going to be wrong and classify them separately, Jawn should've been the B and All Hustle in the A. But I guess it's a mute point considering All Hustle didn't win the B.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The teams I saw playing down lost, so were they really? I know that's the tree falling in the forest answer. I'd bet the teams they put out would say yes.

If we hit those bats with hot dots I'd pitch B without even being a little twitchy.

rustybumgardner

Addicted to Softballfans
We played 5 games getting 4 homers in each and I believe we hit a grand total of 5 so yes that was weird. The teams that were glaring mistakes in classification are the teams that finished where we thought they would in the very top of those divisions. (Westside, Twisted, EAP 2, and Limitless being the ones for me)

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Westside beat the brakes off of us, but I didn't see anything glaring about them. They singled us to death.

The team that had the guys hitting it 375 with a hot dot for outs, who lost during the week might've been a candidate for that busing in guys from out of Town argument I saw mentioned above.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We also played all those games with two or ten and only hit any when we played a miken team. #compositequeens

slamit93

That was a little weird. I bet the majority of teams liked playing with more home runs though. Not you guys, you guys can score 20 with no home runs. The only team I thought was incorrectly classified was Jawn OR All Hustle. They're either both A or both B. And IMO, if you're going to be wrong and classify them separately, Jawn should've been the B and All Hustle in the A. But I guess it's a mute point considering All Hustle didn't win the B.
We hit 2 total in 4 games. Honestly, most of the C games I saw they didn't get used. The exceptions being the birds, scoreboard, and BCB. The two of those that we played scored most of their runs on HRs and beat us in the process. Obviously I'm biased on this because I have a team built specifically not to hit home runs, but I'd love another crack at the same bracket with IEO and OE or even just 1 or 0 home runs.

Between you and Rusty, you pretty much nailed everyone that I would have considered being questionably classed, some more than others.

foxx14

We hit 2 total in 4 games. Honestly, most of the C games I saw they didn't get used. The exceptions being the birds, scoreboard, and BCB. The two of those that we played scored most of their runs on HRs and beat us in the process. Obviously I'm biased on this because I have a team built specifically not to hit home runs, but I'd love another crack at the same bracket with IEO and OE or even just 1 or 0 home runs.

Between you and Rusty, you pretty much nailed everyone that I would have considered being questionably classed, some more than others.

Right, you guys have a great non-HR team. My point about people liking more home runs is more saying that a lot of people like to say they get x amount of home runs regardless if they use them or not.. Makes them feel better or something, idk lol...

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Still can't believe Raptors won Super State. They were down like 16-4 or 16-5 something crazy going to bottom 4 I think, and put up a rally. Ended up winning it 17-16. They just never gave up. Good for them.

RedEye screwed themselves in the Finals with Homeruns. Hit 3 or 4 for Inning Ending Outs

juby23

Addicted to Softballfans
RedEye hits it pretty good. Didn't kill it against us, obviously we didn't either, but you could tell they hit it. Their outs were hit hard. They don't field it terribly well though.

Bdub12

Starting Player
Z fly **** you for eating 4 lobsters. We were on our way down there sunday and they sold out. They said they had over 10,000 to begin with

slamit93

Still can't believe Raptors won Super State. They were down like 16-4 or 16-5 something crazy going to bottom 4 I think, and put up a rally. Ended up winning it 17-16. They just never gave up. Good for them.

RedEye screwed themselves in the Finals with Homeruns. Hit 3 or 4 for Inning Ending Outs
Was a wild finish for sure.