Rain, Rain Go Away

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I played 1 tournament with VooDoo this year. We went 1-2 I think...didn't do great. It was the Memorial Day round robin at Expressway. Beat LBYC at least.

Sean and I won the beer trophy.

nirvana7

Addicted to Softballfans
We played Voodoo couple weeks ago. Looked like a split squad game for them. All the young guys.

from what it looks like, they have about 25 on the roster and have a hard time fielding a team. I played a lot of RR with them last year for the same reason. Good group of guys though.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Stout, I play ball on Friday nights at the Newport Elks with a guy that wears a Hitmen #2 jersey. Younger looking kid. Fast, and a pretty decent outfielder with a solid arm. Sound familiar? I can't remember his name

Zigawhat22

Addicted to Softballfans
After not being on here in forever, I was going to make some comments about the 2 other shootings you guys were talking about.

At this point, that would be pointless. All I'll say is I salute my 5 slain brothers and continue to salute my fellow officers who ran towards the gun fire while all the sheep ran away. My fingers are still crossed that ISIS takes credit for this or the country has just be torn completely apart. It's time that leadership in this country actually did their job and not hold a ridiculous press conference where all you do is stoke the fires of the pissed off people, especially when there are zero facts released.

I could go on and on, but I've already told many "friends" (or so I thought they were) to **** off over the past few days. Now they want to blow my phone up and say how this is so horrible. *****, you're the same people who were calling for officers heads up until 9 PM last night.

Sorry, little pissy this morning, especially when my 5 y/o catches my wife and I talking about it and I have to try and explain why someone would do such a thing. Then have her ask if I was friends with the policemen who died.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I don't know how you still do, what you do.

It's a terrible state of affairs. But a couple of things..that may have already been stated:

1) The civilians who got shot, did not comply with law enforcement.

2) Listen, and you won't get shot.

3) Civilians are taking their frustrations out on those that are not responsible.

4) **** Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the like. They perpetuate the racial divide. They're bigger terrorists than ISIS.

5) Marches and protests are stupid. They accomplish nothing. This isn't the 60's.

6) The reason that blacks are usually the 'victims' is that they are in the demographic that accounts for the majority of violent offenses. Sure the incident rate will be higher for the higher % of those creating the problem.

7) Be nice to each other. Not everybody is out to get you. Sure there are rogue cops, but that is few and far between. When it happens, the media throws it under a microscope to make it appear like a bigger problem than it is. This isn't Crash...good movie, but not real life.

Stay safe out there. Do what you're told. Things will be fine.

nkysoftballdude

Starting Player
After not being on here in forever, I was going to make some comments about the 2 other shootings you guys were talking about.

At this point, that would be pointless. All I'll say is I salute my 5 slain brothers and continue to salute my fellow officers who ran towards the gun fire while all the sheep ran away. My fingers are still crossed that ISIS takes credit for this or the country has just be torn completely apart. It's time that leadership in this country actually did their job and not hold a ridiculous press conference where all you do is stoke the fires of the pissed off people, especially when there are zero facts released.

I could go on and on, but I've already told many "friends" (or so I thought they were) to **** off over the past few days. Now they want to blow my phone up and say how this is so horrible. *****, you're the same people who were calling for officers heads up until 9 PM last night.

Sorry, little pissy this morning, especially when my 5 y/o catches my wife and I talking about it and I have to try and explain why someone would do such a thing. Then have her ask if I was friends with the policemen who died.

I didnt even notice others said anything about the shootings. I applaud you and the work you do on these dangerous streets as I stated You couldnt pay me 1 Million dollars a day to do what you do. I agree with everything hertz just wrote!

Zigawhat22

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll hold judgement on the Minnesota shooting, since the video is expertly shot after the man gets shot. Hard to understand how she can be so calm, but whatever. I'll wait to make an informed decision.

The Louisiana shooting, in my opinion based off video at hand, is a good shoot. If you don't agree, and that's your right, please slow the video down and watch his right shoulder and upper arm. Then simulate trying to reach your pocket while laying on the ground. Your shoulder and upper arm do the same movement as in the video. To anyone who says his criminal history didn't mean anything, it meant everything. Shows exactly what kind of individual the officers were dealing with.

None of this matters if people can't attempt to come together. BLM was a decent theory to raise awareness. What it's become is completely opposite of what they strive for.

They want change and better training/selection of officers. If someone could find a way to see how an individual will react to a high stress situation, that would be great. Can't simulate someone, who is armed (get it right media), and fighting you. You can't train for that raw aggression or determine how an officer will react when met with that individual.

How about people start calling upon themselves and stop breaking the ****ing law. Chicago averages 30 shootings a weekend. That's cool, since it isn't the police. Chicago PD shoots one knife wielding dude and the liberals flip their lid.

legend334

Addicted to Softballfans
I know i have asked before...and people didnt really respond..but i am looking to play in the Firemans tourney...i can pitch or play first...i know..lots of guys do that...let me know if you know of someone looking....thank you....

brew 11

Mass Murderer of BudLight
I know i have asked before...and people didnt really respond..but i am looking to play in the Firemans tourney...i can pitch or play first...i know..lots of guys do that...let me know if you know of someone looking....thank you....
What firemen's tourney?