Rain, Rain Go Away

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
And every call you have people bitching at you that you were wrong even if it was obvious to everyone you were right. That wore on me, and eventually I began to second guess myself. Which leads to the follow up to what mactruck and I said about why you have who you have umping most of the time. You have a lot of guys that suck, but they have the confidence to think they're right every play even when they're wrong as hell. Those make for some great umps.

I almost never give umps grief. Loveless just really pisses me off for some reason. Even when we had that guy at KL not see the guy go straight from 3rd back to first across the pitcher's mound when he realized there weren't three outs, I didn't get mad. If you play better mad by all means, get fired up, but it's never helped me at all, and you will never convince an ump to change their mind. I have seen some be intimidated though. I don't want to be that guy either.

And every call you have people bitching at you that you were wrong even if it was obvious to everyone you were right.

Had a good one tonight. Bang-bang play at 1B. I'm up the line and end up 10-15 feet from the bag, great position. Call safe. 1B says I need to get a better angle. I laugh and head back. I hear him tell someone that he "felt the guy run past him" and he already had the ball. Took all I had not to laugh at him on the field.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I had a guy jokingly say he was mad at me for being in good position last Friday.

Force play at 3B and the ball clearly beat the runner there...but 3rd Baseman was about a foot behind 3B. Had I been closer to home plate, no way I could have seen it. But, since I was out between 3B and the pitchers mound, I could easily tell.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that sounds like something I'd say if i were in the field. Get your ass back behind the plate stout!!!!!

foxx14

Anyone know if there will for sure be Schutz games on Friday for the D? I know there typically is, but with 7 teams (roughly, someone get BigDog an updated list) it's possible there isn't. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've got some solid seats at the Reds game Friday waiting for me to claim.

nirvana7

Addicted to Softballfans
He didn't even stick around for the State tourney at his park..lol. He was there at 815am when I had my bat tested then didn't see him the rest of the day..left around 4pm

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
I've seen better B teams.

USSSA-Mens-A 0-1
USSSA-Mens-B 1-2
USSSA-Mens-C 5-4

CSB is not a D team. The HR rules would kill them.