Rain, Rain Go Away

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
They gave up their #1 prospect...along with 3 other players...for Chapman, who they likely can't re-sign after this season..

They're going all in this season for that ring

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
that's why I don't like it. it takes a lot of talent and a lot of luck. if they don't win it this year, it's a HUGE failure.

but, i'll certainly take it. they really don't need a SS. Russell is only 22.. he'll be good for a while there, unless he puts up huge #'s and they can't sign him.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
that's why I don't like it. it takes a lot of talent and a lot of luck. if they don't win it this year, it's a HUGE failure.

but, i'll certainly take it. they really don't need a SS. Russell is only 22.. he'll be good for a while there, unless he puts up huge #'s and they can't sign him.

I hope that wasn't their best prospect. The guys isn't that great.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
Over rated. All stick SS, that doesn't hit all that well. Yankees already are moving him to 2B. Probably ends up in the outfield.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
he's 27 on espn's top 100. a so-so hitter at high-A, but good defense. if his hitting doesn't come around, this will be a decent trade

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
ARod is batting .087 his last 7 games...I'm sure they'll take whatever they can get at this point.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everyone wants the next Harper/Trout/Bryant. I still remember a few of the straight to the NBA from HS phenoms that got drafted after Kobe had success. The one and done has only slightly helped that. Stupid organizations will still take any chance.

nkysoftballdude

Starting Player
Everyone wants the next Harper/Trout/Bryant. I still remember a few of the straight to the NBA from HS phenoms that got drafted after Kobe had success. The one and done has only slightly helped that. Stupid organizations will still take any chance.

Hey kevin garnett was drafted outta high school as well as tracy mcgrady. but thats all i can name 3 out of probably 100 that made it.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb

I don't know what you are even carrying on about. A lot of baseball players are drafted straight out of High School.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I'm not saying you're wrong Seedfly.. but a lot of highly respected baseball analysts rank the kid pretty high...so we'll see what happens.

At this point, I'm just hoping the reds win more games this year than last year

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Exactly...Kinda part of the point of my post late last night.

I try to keep most of the political crap off Facebook...but after seeing some of the garbage posted by some of my "friends" I just had to do it.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
It just goes to show how sad it is for the uninformed to make decisions. Kind of like Chelsea Lynn winning the office NCAA pool because "that mascot is the cutest".

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what you are even carrying on about. A lot of baseball players are drafted straight out of High School.
Drafted into the minors. Trading a known commodity for them with relatively no success in the minors is like drafting them straight out of hs into the nba. A few guys turn out to be the studs they were touted to be and gms go nuts.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
I'm not saying you're wrong Seedfly.. but a lot of highly respected baseball analysts rank the kid pretty high...so we'll see what happens.

At this point, I'm just hoping the reds win more games this year than last year

I hope they win less.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of politics, one of the geniuses i work with said hillary is trying to rig the system by asking bernie supporters to support her now. She's a real innovator.