Rain, Rain Go Away

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Vue and love it. It has cloud DVR and live pause and rewind, but they're not quite as good as DirecTV. You could pause for hours on those. DVR keeps that from being an issue though.

Only sports I watch is uk though. I'll watch whatever baseball is on, but the dishes are rarely on before my bedtime so I don't pay a lot of attention. Works on Firestick too.

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea we have ps3&4 along with the firesticks so vue wouldn't be a issue. Figured as soon as our cable bill went from 160 to 200 that's enough of that ****. Guess by sports I should of said UK that's all my wife cares about and I only watch NFL so that would be nice to have also.

Stengy

Taste Tester
He was saying there wasn't 2 umps and a score keeper at every game and how the directors team always gets best draw. To him that's $30 a game profit for management. His view on things is intresting even if 1 sided...

Last edited:

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
I don't give a single **** about what Clay says or feels but I will report a little of what happened.

There was a LOT of events this weekend and umpires were VERY hard to come by. I had 2 cancel on me Friday afternoon and another cancel Saturday morning. I did everything I could do.

The event originally planned to use 2 umpires for every game of the tournament. That was impossible due to lack of umpires and using 6 fields. So everything Saturday was a 1 man and Sunday was a 2 man.

JD had absolutely nothing to do with the bracket or the draw. It was randomly drawn/seeded by QuickScores.

The D bracket was absolutely LOADED with great teams top to bottom. To say anyone had an easy draw is asinine.

The only place that uses official scorekeepers is Tennessee (that I'm aware of)

Clay's team lost their first game, then got 3 forfeits, then lost their 2nd (5th) game. It's not our fault that 2 teams backed out AFTER the brcket was released and another team was ejected from the tournament due to an illegal player. There was nothing we could do about it.

It's absolutely nobody's business where the money from tournament entry fees goes. However, JD did decide to pay the umpires extra per game due to using a 1man, and extra on Sunday due to their hard work all weekend.

Also, Clay was physically threatening people on Saturday during their game with AMR and saying things about killing people. So, there's that.

Clay take his NSA and All-Hustle and move on.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd never heard of this clay guy that I joined done KY Facebook page. I'm glad I never turned the volume on.

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
We had no issues that weren't self inflicted. For some reason the KY NSA teams have a hard-on for provided score keepers. I personally think it is a waste of resources. My experiences with tourneys that have had them is that they are no more reliable than any other score keeper, and I'd rather just bring my own, and compare books if there is a discrepancy.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
It probably has something to do with most of those teams showing up with 10-12 guys and no scorebook or anyone that knows how to keep one.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
We had no issues that weren't self inflicted. For some reason the KY NSA teams have a hard-on for provided score keepers. I personally think it is a waste of resources. My experiences with tourneys that have had them is that they are no more reliable than any other score keeper, and I'd rather just bring my own, and compare books if there is a discrepancy.

You may wanna buy a nice aluminum or wood bat for the team for those early Sunday morning games.. lol

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
You may wanna buy a nice aluminum or wood bat for the team for those early Sunday morning games.. lol
290 fences, 30 degree weather, and new line Mikens = no bueno. Only really had one bad swing once the sun started working... Unfortunately, it probably ended our tourney.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
290 fences, 30 degree weather, and new line Mikens = no bueno. Only really had one bad swing once the sun started working... Unfortunately, it probably ended our tourney.

Yeah, no doubt about that. You guys played a very good tournament and made a nice run.

Somebody teach Panioto to hit the ball on the ground though

rustybumgardner

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, no doubt about that. You guys played a very good tournament and made a nice run.

Somebody teach Panioto to hit the ball on the ground though

Or just have them single and double you to death with 25 runs scored in back to back innings like they did us. It was like dying of a thousand paper cuts lol.

rustybumgardner

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you get hit or just old? I have two busted ass knees now so I feel ya.

I got blasted the previous weekend. Ended up playing 11 games that tourney to finish 2nd. So when this tourney rolled around I gave it all I had for 3 games before calling it quits lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thigh? I finally bought the shinguards that cover the knee.

I think the game is really heading in the right direction. You have to carry 2-3 pitchers just to go far in a tournament and getting hit can do so much damage it takes weeks to recover. I'm glad we're getting back to the game I started playing 25 years ago.

rustybumgardner

Addicted to Softballfans
Thigh? I finally bought the shinguards that cover the knee.

I think the game is really heading in the right direction. You have to carry 2-3 pitchers just to go far in a tournament and getting hit can do so much damage it takes weeks to recover. I'm glad we're getting back to the game I started playing 25 years ago.

Yes sir, inner thigh. Can't get any protection there lol. Hardest I've gotten hit in all my years.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
To be fair, it was an outside pitch, guy hit it to the left of 2nd Base and it took a goofy hop and shot to the right and nailed Rusty

I don't think it was intentional by any means

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair, it was an outside pitch, guy hit it to the left of 2nd Base and it took a goofy hop and shot to the right and nailed Rusty

I don't think it was intentional by any means
This type of thing can't be stopped. It sounds to me like we're to the point that this is the minority experience these days now.