For Sale Rawlings HOH(Black/red) 12.75" H-Web: $80

scor4

I'm new to this forum but have been an eBay addict since its inception and have made purchases through countless forums and websites. I've had an instance when an eBay seller didn't ship, bashed her on feedback, only to find out weeks later from the seller that she had a sudden health episode that required emergency surgery - she was incapacitated for weeks. Finally received the item as described and tried to undo the crappy review but was unable to even after pleading with eBay. After that experienc I've always given the benefit of a doubt. Thousands of transactions and that was the only hiccup. Anyway, I hope your situation is resolved soon.

Last edited:

DatDuke

Thanks. I hope so, like I said in my original post I will wait a bit, before I tarnish his rep here on SBF. I have heard that excuse before however. There is something I can do if he doesnt get back to me, I am not out $80 just yet.

Last edited:

DatDuke

I bought two bats from him last week...great communication and got the bats in two days

Hi Freddi, do you have his home address from your bats deal? (may be from the shipping label? on the box?) any help would be appreciated. I might have one of the member here to pay him a visit to see if he is still alive.

Thanks.

Anthony.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Hi Freddi, do you have his home address from your bats deal? (may be from the shipping label? on the box?) any help would be appreciated. I might have one of the member here to pay him a visit to see if he is still alive.

Thanks.

Anthony.

I could also stop by that area. I drive past that area every day for work

DatDuke

Appreciate this deeply sleepin4matty.. See if I can get the address first. Thanks for all the help. If anyone has his resident address, please PM me. Thanks. Anthony.

DatDuke

may be he went to the emergency room right after he log off on the 9th.. or the cops took him away.

DatDuke

<< Took one for the team! As this is my first deal here, this seller pretty much has spoiled it for me. I am a glove collector with over 60 gloves. Just join Gloveworks and met a few cool cats told me bout this site. Now I am scare to make purchases here. I am sure most of the people here is legit. But this will be the last time I use F&F via paypal and do any trading where I have to ship first.

Last edited:

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
He never responded to my PMs. Hopefully, you can get a mod involved for some type of resolution.

It's a good board so don't let one sour experience turn you completely off. Like me, I know your more of a baseball person but there's a lot of good people and information here which relates.

Now the friends and family, I've learned until I have a comfort level with an individual (a handful of transactions), I rather pay the 3%.

Gators21

Manager
<< Took one for the team! As this is my first deal here, this seller pretty much has spoiled it for me. I am a glove collector with over 60 gloves. Just join Gloveworks and met a few cool cats told me bout this site. Now I am scare to make purchases here. I am sure most of the people here is legit. But this will be the last time I use F&F via paypal and do any trading where I have to ship first.

I agree with Moreno - this is a good board, a lot of good guys on here. I've had 46 transactions, not one bad experience. Not meaning to be snarky at all, but just take it as a lesson learned. The guy had only 3 feedback posts - that is a sign right there to tread cautiously. He wasn't really "vetted" at all on here.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
His communication is wrong. But a lot of this anxiety can be avoided by simply paying the fees. On top of it, for you to ask PP to switch it as goods and services, you are putting a bullseye on your account for an audit.

DatDuke

It was requested by the seller. I usually deal with full service Ebay. thats 13% with paypal. like I said, first deal here. No more F&F unless I have dealt multiple deals with the seller. Hell 3% of $80 aint nothing. $2.40?? thats not even enough for a beer. I just sold a few gloves on Ebay, I even offered to pay for extra insurance with USPS. thats how careful I usually am. Didnt know what I was dealing with here. It has made me more curious the next time I try to sell or buy something here. They can audit as much as they want. This is my first F&F transaction. Trust me, I paid over $3000 last year on Ebay/paypal fees with all my High price tag sales. (Swiss Time Pieces).

Deadheadtrev

Part Time Player
Well I tried to stop by, gated community, no public entrance his name did not show up on the buzzer registry, nor did his house number. Tried a side gate but had no luck. Sorry i couldnt be more help.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It was requested by the seller. I usually deal with full service Ebay. thats 13% with paypal. like I said, first deal here. No more F&F unless I have dealt multiple deals with the seller. Hell 3% of $80 aint nothing. $2.40?? thats not even enough for a beer. I just sold a few gloves on Ebay, I even offered to pay for extra insurance with USPS. thats how careful I usually am. Didnt know what I was dealing with here. It has made me more curious the next time I try to sell or buy something here. They can audit as much as they want. This is my first F&F transaction. Trust me, I paid over $3000 last year on Ebay/paypal fees with all my High price tag sales. (Swiss Time Pieces).
If they request F&F and that is agreed on price but I still want the protection, there is nothing from stopping me adding the fees and paying as goods so long as they get the amount they want.
Hope he ends up coming through for you.

DatDuke

Well I tried to stop by, gated community, no public entrance his name did not show up on the buzzer registry, nor did his house number. Tried a side gate but had no luck. Sorry i couldnt be more help.

Thank you so very much for trying, I wrote it up as a lost. I do not expect to see the end of this and I still dont think this is a planned scam. I just think something has happened to the seller. I have contacted my bank and they are trying to get the fund back from paypal for me.

DatDuke

No.. He said to Chad that He is in the Hospital, Chad gave me his Email address to contact, I sent him an Email, but still no reply.