Rawlings PRO208 & PRO3028

Junior_SD

Manager
Looking at ordering a Rawlings custom but undecided on which one to order. Currently game a Wislon SP125 which I absolutely love but I'm a Rawlings guy and don't care for the orange too much so I'm looking at a 12.5" glove to use in the infield, specifically 3rd base. Looking at the Rawlings website it appears the 208 has shorter fingers and a larger/wider palm than the 3028 but the 3028 resembles the Wilson SP125 and that glove is perfect for the infield IMO. Already own a PRO504 and a PROJD6 so I'm looking at something a little different. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to post pictures of the two if anyone has one, thanks.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Also in for advice. I currently have 2 3029's, a 504 and a Bryant. Deciding between 3028, 208 and 3039 (just because.)

DatDuke

Correct me if I am wrong. Isnt the 208 come with larger palm area but shorter fingers, where the 3028 come with narrower palm with longer fingers? but they both measured 12.5 tip to bottom? and the 3039 is a 12.75 pattern similar to the 3028 with it's palm shape?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Correct me if I am wrong. Isnt the 208 come with larger palm area but shorter fingers, where the 3028 come with narrower palm with longer fingers? but they both measured 12.5 tip to bottom? and the 3039 is a 12.75 pattern similar to the 3028 with it's palm shape?

Yes. Right on.

jethrodub

Coach
3028 and SP125 (two on the left).
They are both very similar patterns for sure. The two differences I would say are that the Rawlings isn't quite as snug of a fit on the wrist as the Wilson (although still great and much tighter than the 504) and the Rawlings is slightly wider overall. The Wilson fingers seem to have a more natural curve to them, as opposed to the straighter fingers of the Rawlings.
[GALLERY=media, 26912]IMG_1893 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 26911]IMG_1892 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 26910]IMG_1891 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]

Junior_SD

Manager
3028 and SP125 (two on the left).
They are both very similar patterns for sure. The two differences I would say are that the Rawlings isn't quite as snug of a fit on the wrist as the Wilson (although still great and much tighter than the 504) and the Rawlings is slightly wider overall. The Wilson fingers seem to have a more natural curve to them, as opposed to the straighter fingers of the Rawlings.
[GALLERY=media, 26912]IMG_1893 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 26911]IMG_1892 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 26910]IMG_1891 by jethrodub posted Feb 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]

Thanks for your response, Jethro. I know you mentioned the Rawlings being slightly wider than the Wilson, would you say the Rawlings plays deeper or just as deep as the Wilson? Leaning towards the 3028 now.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Felks, you crack me up! All it takes is a good photo and you're done! Oh, J-tan with tan laces of course!

I already have a JTan 3029. This is what im struggling with. Was thinking Black, Bruciato or Rich tan PP, or Black HOH, maybe a 2 tone. Black and Tan, Black and Primo Sherry, etc.

I checked out the Butterscotch and Golden brown and they didnt do anything for me.

Junior_SD

Manager
I already have a JTan 3029. This is what im struggling with. Was thinking Black, Bruciato or Rich tan PP, or Black HOH, maybe a 2 tone. Black and Tan, Black and Primo Sherry, etc.

I checked out the Butterscotch and Golden brown and they didnt do anything for me.

I sent Chad my order, decided on a PRO3028 in timberglase, wanted a matching glove to my DCT. I think black and primo would look nice.

I was also looking at the golden brown and like you, it didn't do anything for me. What about the gold tan? Don't think I've seen one posted on here before but not sure if it would be too shinny or yellowish? Might look nice with black.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I sent Chad my order, decided on a PRO3028 in timberglase, wanted a matching glove to my DCT. I think black and primo would look nice.

I was also looking at the golden brown and like you, it didn't do anything for me. What about the gold tan? Don't think I've seen one posted on here before but not sure if it would be too shinny or yellowish? Might look nice with black.

Ive mocked up a gold tan about a million times and people keep telling me it doesnt wear well, but yeah youre right. I should just go for it.

Attachments

• gt.JPG
    gt.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 37

ANNASDAD

The Veteran

You know I'm a huge tan with tan lace guy but both of my DD's Vinci's are tan with a black H-web and black laces and they do look good!

Junior_SD

Manager
Ive mocked up a gold tan about a million times and people keep telling me it doesnt wear well, but yeah youre right. I should just go for it.

That's a nice looking glove. I think a black web and embroidery and black and gold patches would look nice. Maybe black laces and welting? I was thinking of doing timberglase with black but really like the way your 504 looks in all timberglase as well as the DCT I ordered. I'm sure I'll do a two tone for my next glove. Already planning another one and I haven't even received my DCT yet and just ordered the 3028 lol

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a nice looking glove. I think a black web and embroidery and black and gold patches would look nice. Maybe black laces and welting? I was thinking of doing timberglase with black but really like the way your 504 looks in all timberglase as well as the DCT I ordered. I'm sure I'll do a two tone for my next glove. Already planning another one and I haven't even received my DCT yet and just ordered the 3028 lol

I stole that pic from one of Dirty30's youtube relace videos. I think that particular glove has changed hands several times.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I still can't decide. :( The Arenado GGC isnt helping although I think it's too small for softball, at least for me.

Junior_SD

Manager
I still can't decide. :( The Arenado GGC isnt helping although I think it's too small for softball, at least for me.

I hear you. I contacted Rawlings yesterday specifically about this glove and they confirmed it was a PRO206 pattern at 12". Beautiful glove but also too small for me and it would end up being a shelf queen. Hoping the 3028 fits the bill which I believe it will.

NYC

Swag on 100.

Just go crazy and get a fruity glove. Cespedes' gloves I usually hate at first but end up loving later on, especially his green gloves from his A's days.

Junior_SD

Manager
This arrived today. PRO3028 in Timberglase, This pattern is very similar to the Wilson SP125 in shape and size. It is slightly wider with straight fingers just like Jethrodub mentioned. I still plan on ordering a PRO208 at some point but overall, I am happy with my decision.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

DatDuke

If we cant be stud players on the field, at least now we can look like em. Me with my beer gut hanging out wearing these gloves is tits. I wish my son's team color is timber-glaze

jethrodub

Coach
Looks beautiful! I tightened the laces a little bit through the top of the fingers and it encouraged a little more curvature in the fingers.

How is the stiffness on this? Wondering if it compares to Felks' 504?