RD 28 Ri

jward33

Ok I know that Demarini has released the 2014 bat info and product line. But how about re-issuing the RD28 bats for a late 2014 season limited run?? Anyone else think this bat would sell??

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Sure would if it matched performance of the last years models. You could repaint the J3 and call it "The Log" and if people knew it was J3 performance it would sell out.

jward33

Nah..put the quad tech in it and use the alloy handle
Demarini doesn't repaint bats like Worth LOVES to do bro...lol

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Yes it would but no alloy handle please ! Also RI for ASA and u-trip. Loved both bats.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Reissue the Rd28 in a limited run? I say take the RD28 use the OG as a design/engineering starting point but bring the quad wall and flexy handle to the new ASA standards! That would be something. I'd be in for a few!

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
The limited run seems to be the way lately for the newest hottest bats

Not sure how that can be true amongst the new bats. The only true "limited run" bat produced lately is the OG Flipper. The Aftermath was supposed to be, but it's now in the 2014 line. Time will tell with the Juggernaut CL22 and Future, but it's hard to imagine either out hitting the J3A, Mercy, and/or Aftermath.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't know anymore. i mean, of course it would sell, but would it sell any better than any other new demarini...

with the new asa stamp bats, i don't think the rd28 is anything special, so a total reissue would be like a 2nd tier performing bat(dual stamp may help?), and then the question is, if they change it to current limits, is it really a reissue?

if anything, they could do a sequel to the rd28 maybe. but that still seems like it waters down the tribute.

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
I think I'm in the minority here, but I would be VERY disappointed if demarini made a "re-issue" Rd28.
That was a special bat for a special reason. I think it should stay that way. Now, if it had the same tech but different name and different graphics I would be all for it.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
I brought this idea up a while back with a BIG response from everyone. We all love the RD line, but I'm pretty sure Larsen said it was gonna be a no go. So sad. :(

T B

I would personally like to see a new bat with the old style "flexy" handle and some endload. For me it doesn't have to or even need to be a RI of anything for me. I'm well aware that the stiff handle is what has helped spread the love for DeMarini, but I still think that there are plenty of people that would buy a new bat that is similar to the RD's, Juice, OTC, J2u etc...

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Same graphics, number them 3001-6000, and use a J3A barrel, but with an outer layer that held up longer than a couple hundred hits, I'll take five 28's.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Same graphics, number them 3001-6000, and use a J3A barrel, but with an outer layer that held up longer than a couple hundred hits, I'll take five 28's.

You must swing very hard, my J3A has over 500 hits now and no sign at all of stopping.