Rec League Uniform Requirements

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
Our local city Rec League uniform requirements are:
All players must have similar color shirts with permanent numbers on the back.
Dark blue and light blue are not similar colors. This means sewn on or press on numbers (no tape or drawn on numbers). A player will not be allowed to play without a number or wrong colored shirt.

What are your Rec League Uniform requirements? If any.

Last edited:

Wunbagga

Addicted to Softballfans
Must have 7 players to start and supply our own balls.

Like mentioned, only need to have seven players to play. Supply our own balls that have to be bought from them. Score card has to be turned in five minutes prior to the game start....
If you are short players you can pick up people from a different team. To help fill in, but they cant be in the same division. ( Leagues has determined leagues/competitive with colors. Red,White Blue)

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Leagues here only require shirts with numbers. Like shirts aren't required until late-season/end-of-season tournaments.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
In my league a team is considered good if they all have the same shirt on. Those guys mean business

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
close toed and close heeled shoes, shirts and some kind of shorts/pants.

Stache is optional, but strongly suggested.

coach+shorts.JPG

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Flat-bill hat, chubby chaser full-sub, ****ies capri's, adidas turfs and bat that weighs 3 oz. below sticker.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Dark blue and light blue are not similar colors. This means sewn on or press on numbers (no tape or drawn on numbers). A player will not be allowed to play without a number or wrong colored shirt.

What are your Rec League requirements?

This is normal for most rec leagues in Florida.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans

No stirrups, no ball game.

la_ucla_baseball1_300.jpg

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
Hell I've been a last minute call for a sub and played in work boots and jeans before... No requirements for unis in my local league except for some sort of shorts or pants because of children playing in the park

BassBlaster

Starting Player
No requirements here but the idea that rec league uniforms are silly is just silly. A team is a team and should look as such IMO. Our team has matching jerseys. Some wear pants, some wear shorts but on our team, you will wear our jersey. Sponsors to pay for jerseys are pretty easy to find so there is no excuse for not looking like a team.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Our rules in GA were like that. In writing they were supposed to be the same shirts, but the umps would let you play as long as they were the same color. I assume it was to keep people from picking up players not on their roster, but it was just annoying IMO. The teams that would pick up would just wear white. Who doesn't have a white shirt with a number?

skrilla507

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing with jerseys. But hats must be forward. Kind of ridiculous for a rec league. But maybe the program director thinks we are thugs.

Of course flat brim, sticker on the hat, ever so slightly cokked up and to the side is fine.

lisaeliza

Score card has to be turned in five minutes prior to the game start....
o.png

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Shirts must be all matching colors and hats worn forward. That's local rules here go by the usssa rule book

nkva

Addicted to Softballfans
The game has changed. When I first started (early 80's), I played in a county league that required all players wear the same jersey with printed numbers, the same pants (either all shorts or all baseball style), same sock style (either all same color sock or all sock and stirrup combo), hats (yes, everyone had to wear a hat) and any sweatbands, etc. had to match one of your two primary colors. Now, most of the leagues here don't enforce matching jerseys.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
How am I supposed to be intimidate all the little people with my full sub Resmondo jersey with matching pants, hat and eyeblack if I'm forced to wear some lame ass league team jersey.

myhook

Addicted to Softballfans
All players must have a shirt signifying the team’s name or logo that they are representing. There is no penalty for this rule. It is suggested to promote positive appearance for the team and league.

kybosh_ag

Extra Hitter
One of the beer drinking multi sport leagues I sometimes play in requires you to wear the shirts they provide. You can alter the shirts (cut the sleeves off, add names or numbers) as long as you don't cover/remove the sponsors logos. Even in winter seasons in this league, depending on the ump and league official there that night, the shirts have to be worn over any jacket or hoody. Every other rec league I've played in had no requirements, other than clothing being family friendly, or possibly forward facing hats and no bananas.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the rule as written:

UNIFORM RULES: Teams must have shirts/jerseys with a minimum 6” number on the back of the shirt/jersey. Cut-offs and jeans are not allowed. We have experienced problems in April because of cold weather, consequently the wearing of additional clothing (sweatshirts & jackets) will be allowed at the player’s discretion, but uniform shirt/jersey must be worn underneath.

However, I've never seen it enforced as long as I've played. Come to think of it, most of the league rules are not enforced by the umpires...