Recommendation for bats for a restrictive rec league - ASA, Single Wall and Alloy Barrel

GregAld

Hi All

Our Team is looking for a few good bat recommendations for a rec league that is restrictive with the bats we are allowed to use.
The bats require the following:
  • ASA Certified
  • Single Wall
  • Alloy Barrel
Between us, we tend to use our Raw Steel, an Anderson Flex and the DeMarini Ultimate Weapon. Looking for any other bats that would work in our league that are either new releases or older bats that we aren't aware of.

Thanks in advance
greg

JTCapps

If you have power hitters on your team, look at the Demarini Windy City. The weight starts in the low 30's and can go up to either 36 or 38 oz.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
Demarini White Steel (many feel is the best singlewall ever made), it varies from the raw steel because it has a composite handle while having a single wall alloy barrel

Sloth91

Demarini White Steel (many feel is the best singlewall ever made), it varies from the raw steel because it has a composite handle while having a single wall alloy barrel

any input on which year was the best? i have the same issue. our co-ed league provides the bats but if you have your own that they approve you can use it

i only ask because i see certain years going for 300-500 on ebay and i don't know much about demarini in general

FranDog33

Coach
just about everyone (myself included) in my single-wall leagues uses a Raw Steel. there are some folks using Ultimate Weapons, Anderson Flexes, or alloy Salvos but it seems like the Raw Steel really hits the 52/300 or 44/275 better than anything else I listed.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
just about everyone (myself included) in my single-wall leagues uses a Raw Steel. there are some folks using Ultimate Weapons, Anderson Flexes, or alloy Salvos but it seems like the Raw Steel really hits the 52/300 or 44/275 better than anything else I listed.
The white steel is better than raw steel, if the league allows them, Raw Steel has alloy handle, White Steel has composite handle, both have alloy barrels. The white steel barrel feel different although I cannot comment on composition as that is beyond my knowledge. I just know from experience the white steel feels better and outperforms the raw steel, but both are great options in singlewall leagues.

FranDog33

Coach
The white steel is better than raw steel, if the league allows them, Raw Steel has alloy handle, White Steel has composite handle, both have alloy barrels. The white steel barrel feel different although I cannot comment on composition as that is beyond my knowledge. I just know from experience the white steel feels better and outperforms the raw steel, but both are great options in singlewall leagues.

the general opinion on this board is that the White Steel out performs the Raw Steel. however, I have not seen many people in my single-wall league using a White Steel. It seems that the high price of them on the secondary market has driven the use of them down, at least where I play.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
the general opinion on this board is that the White Steel out performs the Raw Steel. however, I have not seen many people in my single-wall league using a White Steel. It seems that the high price of them on the secondary market has driven the use of them down, at least where I play.
The Raw Steel is still in production and readily available. Used of either sell for about the same $.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Definatly Raw Steel, honorable mention to Anderson Nanotel Alpha (balanced) or Omega (end load) Nano alloy barrel w a composite handle

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
I have 4 Raw Steel & 2 White steel for sale if you're interested

Attachments

• IMG_8242.JPG
    IMG_8242.JPG
    661.5 KB · Views: 41