Red catty seems like its lost some pop?

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
Anyone else felt like this happened to theirs? Bat started off great out of wrapper but now seems like its lost a step. May do better with some more bp just wondering if others experienced this too..

TXOutlaws

Coach
Mine has an EASY 2k on it... still pretty nasty imo...

I've lost pop all together (with all bats) since I stopped BPing so much due to the new job....but the bat is still just as hot as anything else I pick up.

Also: Heat, it's getting hotter, balls will not fly as far.

single wally

Professional Amateur
My red catty was ok for the first 100, peaked at 200 swings, and then didn't improve after that - lasted around 800 swings for me. Weird that yours got worse with more hits. That's only happened to me once with a JHM7120 RI - got hot, then sound changed (for the worse) and got loggish, and then broke once it got better again. It seemed like the bat go an internal crack which worsened performance and maybe that's what happened to yours.

jd81

Manager
That is strange. My 26oz seems to have a really narrow sweet spot, definitely lets you know in the hands when you get the handle or cap. There was another thread floating around that had some interesting info on qc#'s and how some seemed to perform better than others.

trent42

The Nation
Mine was hot after 50 swings but at 150-200 swings max it failed the Utrip compression tester at the Columbus major 2 weeks ago. It is now on its way to LS for a new Z.

Bing

Addicted to Softballfans
I have two red cats 28oz . First one took 200 cuts to open up and it was the nasty bat ive have ever swung but cracked after around 800 cuts !!! The only one has around 900 cuts on it and still feels like it is not broke in??

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
Yea does seem wierd that it has died. Gonna put some more bp on her to see if she'll open up again otherwise send here in for a Z while they are in stock.