Red Ultra 2

dennis15

Addicted to Softballfans
About how long is the break in period for the Red Ultra 2?

What kind of a sound should I hear when the bat is just out of the wrapper?

Is there a different sound when the bat is finally broken in?

I am asking because I hit a brand new Red Ultra 2 immediately out of the wrapper and the bat sound a bit tinny. Is this the norm and does the sound change as the bat begins to break in?
I appreciate your help and expertise since I have never hit the Ultra 2. I have the EL Melee and White Combat. Thank you for any help and advice.

t7chas

Forgot my cup
great bat, but not the strongest thing, especially for mashers. will open up and start to produce 'crack' sound after about 100 with a mid-to-low range power hitter. My dad is singles to doubles and his few games a week plus tourneys lasted a year.

HITTS

The red ultra is a fragile bat. Teammate tapped barrel on plate and the handle broke off. Seen the Miken followers break this bat in 50-100 swings. If you have the Combat and Melee use them and sell the ultra red. jmo

4four4

Coach
I break one red U2Max every 100-120 swings but its worth it to me. I've hit just about every bat out there and nothing hits farther or sounds the same as this bat. Its a luxury at $2 a swing but I used to spend more on Titleist ProVs...DH #4 A/O

Idk if I gut an extra fragile one or what .. But I bought a red U2 max load last year for an unlimited HR swing anything turny .. They was going to provide a net for the pitchers but couldn't get enough teams to enter (wussies lol ) . So I hit a few in BP and was alowed to let girls swing it in COED .. Lasted about 75-80 hits ..course the girls loved it , but every swing I took felt like u could feel it giving ALOT on contact .. No dought it was hot but I have hit balls as far and farther with RI jh120 , freak limited & 2011 ressy mutant !! If not for making the girls happy I would have thought I wasted my $$ LoL but at the ripe age of 34 making the girls happy still matters LMBO

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Takes about 25 BP cuts to break in with soft balls. Then around 100 Game swings if you do not abuse it (swing in cold weather etc....) Great bat, just not real durable just like all the newer ultra's