Retail vs Pro Issue A2K DW5

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I'm sure the gloves from lisabiz (mo) are pro issue quality they're just used from pro players to sample.

I got a black 1781 from lisabiz and it was just as new/minty as my tan one that came directly from the pro dept.. maybe he is selling some "used" sample gloves, but that is not always the case

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't see a significant difference between a regular and PI glove. They seem to be a bit stiffer from the factory, but that's about it.

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
It's prob better. Better pattern prob a more consistent size and fit throughout. But I feel retail A2Ks are very nice. A very good alternative to the pi A2000's ESP in here where they can be had for the price of a retail A2000 msrp. You're just going to get pro colors you can't get retail. But if you want the 1781 pattern, (12" that plays around 12.5) you're only option is buying pro issue and spending the $ for it. If they had a retail 1781 A2K I think that would be a better value because the quality will be about the same and youd be able to get it for substantially less than a pi version; but some guys want the actual pro glove. Pros use these because it their profession and use it everyday, we don't play softball professionally so we don't NEED pro quality, nor have the hands for it to make a difference.

Kind of like all thehummers,jeeps, and 4wd trucks driven by people who will never go offroad...lol. I never assumed any PI I had was made for a specific player. I guess it would be more accurate to call the pro dept gloves. Anyway...I'm telling you this 1799 is unreal in quality.

mattingly

Starting Player
Many of the spring training gloves would be more along the lines of retail limited/special edition gloves, than a true PI ordered through the companies' pro dept.
The sheer number of gloves required to bring all of the new models down to spring training (not to mention gloves for minor leaguers, college players, and sample gloves to show to their better/bigger retailers), forces the companies to make fairly large batches of them instead of the way they would normally make a PI glove.

It's easy to see the difference between this PI Chris Young glove made for him...

419898_10150664907454686_2002280531_n.jpg

and this duffle bag full of spring training gloves...

432220_10150654282759686_1856375981_n.jpg