Buyer Beware rgb2573 NGTG ???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverDaFence

At Fanatics
I want you guys to decide how you feel.

Last Tuesday (Feb 2nd), Allen and I agreed on a deal for a NIW SCN9. I paid $290 as a gift for the bat and he said he would ship priority mail on Wednesday (Feb 3rd).

Well, Friday came (Feb 5) and no bat. Therefore, I pm'd and texted him asking for a tracking number. After the 2nd text, he said I am driving and "I will text you when I stop." Well, he never did text me back that evening and I even texted him 2 more times asking for tracking and if he forgot about getting back to me.

On Saturday (Feb 6th), once again, no bat. I texted him 3 times on Saturday and got no response. Finally, on Sunday (Feb 7 at 3:30 his time) he texted me and said he "is still on the road and haven't got to send the bat and been stuck on the road for day and he is really sorry and he will send me my money back." I said, I sent you the money last Tuesday and this is the firt time you're saying something about not shipping? I said I think you should overnight me the bat and give me something back for my time. His response was, "I'm sorry man, I can't help I've been stuck in 3ft of snow up north. I will send you u money back thru paypal." We went back and forth a couple times and he said I will paypal you. Never did he say he would send me the bat I paid for or even offer to do so.

The sad thing about the whole deal is I trusted Allen because he had decent feedback. I bought this bat for a friend and when it wasn't here for his Sunday leaguge, it made me look bad. Then to say there is no bat coming at all, made me look even worse. The whole deal seams like he never had a bat to sell me in the first place. I am the most understanding guy around. All you have to do is communicate with me. However, he didn't communicate at all and you would think if you weren't doing what you said you would do, you would let the other person know without them having to hunt you down. He probably was somewhere with snow, but to not even say a word for 5 days and then use it as an excuse to not come through on his end of the deal is not right. You can all make your own decision, but I will not deal with him. Some may say I am out nothing.... Nothing except TIME to find another bat for my friend, the embarrassment of not having what I said I would, and giving someone a short term loan, no interest loan. I understand life happens, but don't avoid me and then lie to me. Man up and say, the bat I sold you never came in or whatever it was, how can I make this right?

Do I think he is a crook? NO. Do I think he needs to handle things better? Absolutely. He lost credibility with me and needs to be honest. Like I said, I won't deal with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

scats16

<font color="GoldenRod">GDC PLATINUM STATUS MEMBER
yeah I'd say that's bs...getting pretty common round here unfortunately...but as of now, you are out the $$ till he refunds

big150man

Back from the real world
i know rgb personally and hes not a bad guy, but hes had some rocky deals on here lately, so i hope that he gets everything straightened out and things start going smoothly again

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
this is what this section is for....thanks for sharing bert. we need to know about these people

OverDaFence

At Fanatics
I got my refund. Now, i need a NIW SCN9 27 OZ so that I can recover my credibility with my friend.

Anyone have one to sell?

I have $290 to paypal someone if they can overnight me one.....

mongohitballfar

Cool Deal
This is unforunate.... if he had communicated a little bit better then this could have had a better ending. But now he will have a bunch of people who aren't going to want to deal with him. Commication is key...... hopefully he learned his lesson.

tjaxson

www.softballempire.com
i personally think he got a big better deal....it sux because it is becoming all to common.

3-Bag

Wow....

That sounds pretty shady to me. ODF is right, communication goes a long way...I'll be adding rgb2573 to my do not deals list.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
hes been on mine since last month. I started a thread on this. He never came through for me either. Sent bat but not the receipt as promised. Still has not completed our deal yet and its been over a month.

mlp2435

Shinin'
He said he was sTuck up north in snow but in another thread he was talking about playing in a tournament down south

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Sounds to me like he agreed to your deal then got a better offer. Sad to see so many of these lately.

cletawsky

Addicted to Softballfans
mine either..bought a guitar off him a while back and said he would ship the next day. He wouldn't respond to my pm's on when he shipped it, it eventually took him a week to ship it out. He only shipped because i called him and let him know about the NGTG thread about him. Got the guitar a few days ago and the body was completely cracked in half. Now he is ignoring my pm's again about filing an insurance claim, and he has definately been online since. This has been a very painful deal to try and complete...I am also about to start a NGTG thread about another bro who also sent me an item that got damaged and wont start an insurance claim.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
those canadian postmen. They must throw it around, huh?

Reggie seems to not complete his deals here lately.

cletawsky

Addicted to Softballfans
haha ya no kidding...either way its his responsibility though and ignoring me isn't good business. Also pretty tired of hearing his I'm stuck in the snow excuse...We have snow for at least half the year here and being stranded cuz its snowing isn't an excuse...

cletawsky

Addicted to Softballfans
yea and address..I have all the info but it doesn't help when he ignores everything i write or text him... oh ya and I live in another country

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Bert- Did you tell him that you needed it my Saturday? I'm not condoning his lack of communication, but he may have acted with more urgency if he knew when you needed it by. Also, for people knocking the snow; don't. My PO is going to be shut down tomorrow and possibly Thursday as well (even if it is open, I may not be able to get there). Not every area is well prepared to deal with heavy snow.

cletawsky

Addicted to Softballfans
Really tho, i am just frustrated with some guys that can't finish deals...yea i guess snow is just a way of life here we have to live with it, while you rarely get it.

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
COMMUNICATION is the key here. It aint that diffuclt have had a couple of communication issues in the last couple of weeks on here. Deals went fine but ***munication was terrible. Even had someone say they would buy a bat then back out 12 hours later cause they found a better deal.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
reggie is his nickname. RGB stands for reggie Bone. Use his paypal addy and look up his facebook account and see what u can find out.

OverDaFence

At Fanatics
Bert- Did you tell him that you needed it my Saturday? I'm not condoning his lack of communication, but he may have acted with more urgency if he knew when you needed it by. Also, for people knocking the snow; don't. My PO is going to be shut down tomorrow and possibly Thursday as well (even if it is open, I may not be able to get there). Not every area is well prepared to deal with heavy snow.

All he had to do is TELL ME if there REALLY was an issue..... I think the issue was he never got the bat and never had it to sell me in the first place.

He couldn't have been too stuck when he said he was driving and would text me the tracking when he stopped. So, I don't buy the "STUCK ALL WEEK ****". I told him Sunday to just overnight it to me and make it right, he would not ship me the bat. He NEVER OFFERED me the bat even though I had asked for it. If he was snowed in, all he had to do is tell me. Now, if I wanted to be a real ****, I would look up his zip code, his post offices and post the weather and their schedule there....

He is a dead beat dealer and cannot be trusted. This has cost me a week of looking as well as the embarrassment of telling my friend the guy that I paid F'd me. All he had to do is GET ME THE BAT, not just take my $290 for a test ride for a week without at least paying me interest. All he had to do is man up and tell me the truth. I understand **** happens, but don't be dishonest.

cletawsky

Addicted to Softballfans
back up for this guy "allan" or "reggie" to man up and explain himself. And finish my deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.